Ensminger Needs to Geaux...

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
We're 7 - 2 & the 10th ranked team in the country. How many people would have predicted that prior to the season?

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
We're 7 - 2 & the 10th ranked team in the country. How many people would have predicted that prior to the season?
I would have.

Go back and read the thread I posted in August, I predicted 9 wins this season, to my delight we're on pace to go 1 game better than my prediction. So yes I am happy.

The inability to be even remotely competitive in certain games, and then be shut down for Qtrs at a time in others, is what has me concerned. But hang your hat on moral victories and the status quo, I want to see LSU compete for conference and national titles, that won't happen with the current "climate" at LSU.

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Looks to me like you didn't pick the Miami & Auburn games.
In the game column I voted them both P for "Push". In my conclusion at the bottom of the post I said, "I think the Miami and Auburn games can both be wins for us". At no point did I ever say Miami and Auburn could or would beat LSU.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Taken from Pride, a realistic and sensible poster over there:

Pretty spot-the-phuk-on analysis. Couldn't agree more with his point.

Pride has been killing it since Saturday over there. I've liked every single thing he has posted. At its not just a bunch of conjecture, its backed up with statistics and examples.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....

I definitely knew it was possible. We have the talent. In my prediction I didn't go game by game, but that's something that should be done weekly. I said this team had the talent to win 9 or 10 games, and it looks like we will. But that's our ceiling because of our offense. Its ranked 104th. Its pathetic.

7-2 is cool. 104th in offense is painful, head scratching and embarrassing. Its been a fun ride being predicted to lose all these games and proving the pundits wrong by winning. It’s been fun watching Coach O prove the doubters wrong and watching our Tigers win. But in the grand scheme, we will never win a chip with this OC/Offensive. Coach O needs to see this or it will be his demise.

Last edited:

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
We have the talent.

On defense and special teams yes. Our O line and receivers are marginal at best. Until we start recruiting better players on O this in the best we can hope for. Bama will continue to dominate us, the SEC and contend for national championships.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
On defense and special teams yes. Our O line and receivers are marginal at best. Until we start recruiting better players on O this in the best we can hope for. Bama will continue to dominate us, the SEC and contend for national championships.

Agreed. I thought our o-line play was going to be better. But Given the injuries and suspensions it’s much worse than I thought it was going to be. I also thought Giles would be at least “decent” and out the two 5 star top WR’s in the country we signed that at least 1 would be developed and be productive. (Chase & Marshal). I promise you if either of those guys played in another system they would be turning heads.

Our offense is still archaic. No matter how bad our talent is. Which is much better than the majority of the country I might add.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Agreed. I thought our o-line play was going to be better. But Given the injuries and suspensions it’s much worse than I thought it was going to be. I also thought Giles would be at least “decent” and out the two 5 star top WR’s in the country we signed that at least 1 would be developed and be productive. (Chase & Marshal). I promise you if either of those guys played in another system they would be turning heads.

Our offense is still archaic. No matter how bad our talent is. Which is much better than the majority of the country I might add.

In order to have an effective passing game, the QB has to have time to throw the ball and the receivers time to run their routes. In order to have an effective running game the backs have to have holes to run through. We are failing miserably in those categories and I lay the blame at the feet of our O line. Why haven't we recruited better players. The blame lays at the feet of Miles & O.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
In order to have an effective passing game, the QB has to have time to throw the ball and the receivers time to run their routes. In order to have an effective running game the backs have to have holes to run through. We are failing miserably in those categories and I lay the blame at the feet of our O line. Why haven't we recruited better players. The blame lays at the feet of Miles & O.

Everything in the beginning of your post is 100% accurate and I completely agree. The O-line has to block. But like a QB or RB, they too can be put in a position to fail. No matter the talent level, coaching/development and scheme play just as big a part.

In terms of talent at LSU, Have you seen the recruiting rankings of the guys on our offense?

They are not a bunch of 2 and 3 stars.

Now compare that to the level competition on some of the defenses we struggled against this year. Look at what Missouri just did to Florida’s defense that shut us down. Does Missouri have better offensive linemen than LSU? Better WR’s and RB’s? It’s not strictly talent.

The other phenomenon that supports this theory is the glimpses of greatness they have shown at times. How come they can do it sometimes (see the game against UGA) but not other times? Why is our offense so up and down?

It’s way more a coaching issue than you’re giving credit. It starts with the HC, then the OC and then WR & O-Line coaches.

The fact that our offense ranks in the toilet cannot be solely hung on the lack of talent. Talent that’s from MULTIPLE recruiting classes ranked well above teams with offenses that are well above ours.

It’s lack of development and an innovative philosophy. More so, a philosophy designed to coach to your strengths and away from your weaknesses.

To me, it looks like a total lack of attention was paid to this unit this year. It was all about winning some games with defense and special teams. The offensive coaching staff took the year off.

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
CAN is the operative word. Bottom line, you didn't predict LSU to win those two games.

What was your preseason prediction? I bet I was closer than you.

I didn't predict them to lose those games, I said they were pushes, and that LSU could win them. LSU did. I also said LSU could be a 9 win team. Not the 6-7 win team the "experts" predicted them to be. Predicted, said they could win... really not a big difference, like I said... no I am not surprised they're 7-2 like you are.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
COULD is the operative word. The fact that you predicted push tells me you didn't know who was going to win.

kcal

transplanted tiger
I predicted 9-3 with losses to bama, georgia, & auburn but 9-3 isn't always 9-3.

our incapacity to resemble a unit that can put points on the board will result in this team looking up from the bottom

TigerTap

Senior

I saw you ask something like: "Is it against the law for LSU to sign 1st round Offensive Lineman?"

LSU has had 1 OL signed in the 1st round since 1968. I don't think I missed any. 50 years. didn't look further back than that. Alan Faneca & La'el Collins would have been an easy 1st rounder, had BRPD calmed their shit until after the draft. Much like "Shoegate", all for nothing.

In this 50 years, we've won 3 National Championship Games, 2 wins & 6 ( I believe) SEC Titles, without any 1st round OL draft picks.

Last edited: