Ensminger Needs to Geaux...

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I've been hiding my disdain for O, I think fairly well. Sometimes. But last night after I had quite a few, I nearly cut loose. Damn, that could have been embarrassing. I'm trying to mostly to talk about the Coordinators. I am seriously worried.

Will Aranda stay? Will Ensminger stay? Two completely different reactions there. What pisses me off , is I don't want to be a Debbie Downer or Doom & Gloom poster. But, damn..it's just like @LSU_4_LIFE said, he can almost see what's going to happen. So can I. I don't think he's a downer at all, I think he's looking at reality. I wish I liked O enough to give him that extra benefit of the doubt. Imo, he's made several questionable hires.

I am not a huge fan of Orgeron's. I thought we could've done better in the HC search and hire. Part of me has a hard time overlooking his stints at Ole Miss, then how he and Kiffen did UT. On the flip side, I do not hate Orgeron either. While I do not think Orgeron will lead LSU to a championship, I think he's good enough to maintain the status quo. Which imo if that is what we're happy with, why did we waste paying out a huge buyout in Miles. But Orgeron seems to love LSU and his success is LSU's success, so I root for him to be great.

I give him the extra benefit of the doubt simply because... what else am I going to do? I will never root for a LSU coach to crash and burn, and I am not counselled on my opinions about LSU athletics. So I have no choice but to ride out whatever decisions the powers that be at LSU make.

TigerTap

Senior
He's a good dude, means well. I've never had any problems with him. I think y'all are probably closet buds. :D
Oh Hell, I don't hate Shane. He & I have been scrapping for almost 10 years now! We got into 1 knock down drag out about 7 years ago. I know he misses me posting over there, which of course, he'd never admit. We fight sort of like brothers arguing. :D

I should go Like some of his posts. He'd be over here in 10 minutes screaming like a banshee!

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
You're being very generous. I believe the current ranking is 104th.
That's just stupid. Yet it's not E's fault according to his cheerleader.

Ensminger hasn't scored on Bama in 2 attempts at home, as well as shit the bed twice at Florida. I'm sorry if this makes me a nega-tiger but Ensminger should not be the OC at a Power 5 program. Our offensive rank/stats are just that... offensive, and back up my position on this.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I'm still trying to find my balance here. One one hand, trying very hard not to "Go full Taint", whatever that means exactly. I think it means "I strongly disagree with you + name du jour".

This leaves me typing somewhat watered down posts, without any spice. However my..personality is bound to come out.

But some of us (what seems like very few) understand why you feel the way you do and I’m glad you stand your ground and say what needs to be said even though the pumpers don’t want to hear it.

I think there are many more like you and I over there but they don’t like to upset the apple cart (or just get flat out insulted) so they don’t speak up as much. By reading between the lines you can let their lack of posting at all speak for itself if you want to know who that small few is.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
To add insult to injury, LSU is the ONLY team on the gumps schedule that couldn't score on them. Tennessee, Rkansas, Arkansas State, ULL, Louisville, Ole Miss, Mizzou, and aTm... all scored on Bama.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I've been hiding my disdain for O, I think fairly well. Sometimes. But last night after I had quite a few, I nearly cut loose. Damn, that could have been embarrassing. I'm trying to mostly to talk about the Coordinators. I am seriously worried.

Will Aranda stay? Will Ensminger stay? Two completely different reactions there. What pisses me off , is I don't want to be a Debbie Downer or Doom & Gloom poster. But, damn..it's just like @LSU_4_LIFE said, he can almost see what's going to happen. So can I. I don't think he's a downer at all, I think he's looking at reality. I wish I liked O enough to give him that extra benefit of the doubt. Imo, he's made several questionable hires.

Exactly. I look at LSU the way I always have. The same way I look at everything I’m invested in and that means a lot to me. The way I look at my business, my career, my marriage, my kids future, my life. Long term. What’s in our best interest and what’s not. What’s our goal, our objective? Are we on track to achieve it? If not, are we actively working to improve it?

When I look at the current status of LSU. No it doesn’t suck. Yes 7-2 is pretty cool. But it’s not championship material. And I guess that is what separates me from the casual fan. I want to win! Not just 9 or 10 games a year either. I wanna win the whole fucking thing! Because that’s what we’re playing for.

And when we don’t win the whole thing, that certainly doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the ride. I do. This has been a very fun season even with last night sucking as bad as it did. But, being objective, Ensminger is not the right guy for the job. And I didn’t need last nights performance to see that or to know that. History told me that before the hire was made. Full disclosure, I’m not sure O is the right guy either, jury is still out. He has impressed me (but the Ensminger hire is his doing) and he shit the bed on that.

TigerTap

Senior
I am not a huge fan of Orgeron's. I thought we could've done better in the HC search and hire. Part of me has a hard time overlooking his stints at Ole Miss, then how he and Kiffen did UT. On the flip side, I do not hate Orgeron either. While I do not think Orgeron will lead LSU to a championship, I think he's good enough to maintain the status quo. Which imo if that is what we're happy with, why did we waste paying out a huge buyout in Miles. But Orgeron seems to love LSU and his success is LSU's success, so I root for him to be great.

I give him the extra benefit of the doubt simply because... what else am I going to do? I will never root for a LSU coach to crash and burn, and I am not counselled on my opinions about LSU athletics. So I have no choice but to ride out whatever decisions the powers that be at LSU make.

I agree with you almost completely. The only thing is I unfortunately know some other things about him, some I've posted, others I haven't on the other board. And it's at LSU, UT & USC & of course Miami. Imo, he's a slimeball. If I didn't know these things, I probably wouldn't have a problem with him either. You can't "Unsee" certain things. But I certainly don't pull for the team to lose. Ever.

So, I'm trying to make due with our other Coaches & of course the team comes first. Like you said, what choice do we really have?

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
To add insult to injury, LSU is the ONLY team on the gumps schedule that couldn't score on them. Tennessee, Rkansas, Arkansas State, ULL, Louisville, Ole Miss, Mizzou, and aTm... all scored on Bama.

But it’s due to lack of talent. It’s the kids fault. Ensminger (and I quote) “threw the kitchen sink at Bama” the players just couldn’t block, throw, run or catch.

You know, the kitchen sink! Like after your defense has played lights out and forces Tua’s 1st interception giving you the ball back down only 9-0 shortly before the half and you call a play action pass inside your own 3 yard line on your way to ANOTHER 3 & out.

I tell ya, those 4 and 5 star athletes that will go on to make millions in the NFL just suck! If only we could get Ensminger some talent for fucks sake. Poor guy.

Edit: I’m being facetious......I’m sure you picked up on it. I was laying it on pretty thick ;)

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
Exactly. I look at LSU the way I always have. The same way I look at everything I’m invested in and that means a lot to me. The way I look at my business, my career, my marriage, my kids future, my life. Long term. What’s in our best interest and what’s not. What’s our goal, our objective? Are we on track to achieve it? If not, are we actively working to improve it?

When I look at the current status of LSU. No it doesn’t suck. Yes 7-2 is pretty cool. But it’s not championship material. And I guess that is what separates me from the casual fan. I want to win! Not just 9 or 10 games a year either. I wanna win the whole fucking thing! Because that’s what we’re playing for.

And when we don’t win the whole thing, that certainly doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the ride. I do. This has been a very fun season even with last night sucking as bad as it did. But, being objective, Ensminger is not the right guy for the job. And I didn’t need last nights performance to see that or to know that. History told me that before the hire was made. Full disclosure, I’m not sure O is the right guy either, jury is still out. He has impressed me (but the Ensminger hire is his doing) and he shit the bed on that.

Exactly! I think there are about 3 or 4 of us that are pretty much of the same thinking, as far as the current state of the program. I mean, the small group sees while 7-2 has been a great ride, we see what might have been & what will be again. Questions must be asked though. This seems to upset many people.

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
But it’s due to lack of talent. It’s the kids fault. Ensminger (and I quote) “threw the kitchen sink at Bama” the players just couldn’t block, throw, run or catch.

You know, the kitchen sink! Like after your defense has played lights out and forces Tua’s 1st interception giving you the ball back down only 9-0 shortly before the half and you call a play action pass inside your own 3 yard line on your way to ANOTHER 3 & out.

I tell ya, those 4 and 5 star athletes that will go on to make millions in the NFL just suck! If only we could get Ensminger some talent for sucks sake. Poor guy.

Edit: I’m being facetious......I’m sure you picked up on it. I was laying it on pretty thick ;)

That whole "We need betta players" thing really pisses me off. Who the hell tells their players through the media that they suck? And that they'd have to recruit better?

I mean the whole fucking Defense was killing themselves last night. And the Offensive players worked at what they were given as far as a gameplan.

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
If Bama calls off the dogs we might have scored. We almost scored a few times. But that defense was a beast and Burrow wasn’t ready. Hell, the offense wasn’t ready. And I’ll be damned if the OC gets no blame for that, but... we aren’t the only ones. Saban is a legit coach and Saban didn’t let up because they couldn’t smear us like every other team so far.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Exactly! I think there are about 3 or 4 of us that are pretty much of the same thinking, as far as the current state of the program. I mean, the small group sees while 7-2 has been a great ride, we see what might have been & what will be again. Questions must be asked though. This seems to upset many people.
I'm neither a pumper nor a nega… I am a realist. I just call it how I see it, and yet that somehow makes me a shitty, less then faithful LSU fan. I'll take 7-2 nine games into the season everyday of the week and thrice on Saturdays... BUT...

When do we make that jump and get over that hump. There is always a game or two a season that LSU can't get up for. Notice what is different at Bama vs. any other program in the Country? Attention to detail, The Process. You do not take plays off let alone games. Saban is not a "players coach". He demands perfection I every phase of the game, and if they screw up, god forbid they'll know it and they'll fix it or you'll be "processed".

I just don't think Orgeron, especially with Ensminger as OC, can or will take LSU to a conference or national title.

mancha

Freshman
This from todays presser pretty much sums up what everyone is thinking and has said.

Q. You've been very, you were very good in scoring touchdowns in the red zone early in the season first four or five games. The last four or five kind of dropped off scoring touchdowns. Have you seen anything that has kind of --
ED ORGERON: Yeah, guys are changing their coverage on us. They know what we're doing, we have to be more creative. We have to run the football, we have to do a couple of different things. We had some plans to be a little bit more creative in the red zone but they changed their coverage and some of the routes that we were going to run we couldn't run against their coverage.

LSU can't adapt to a change in defense! We are nothing more than a Dallas Cowboys offense.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Taken from Pride, a realistic and sensible poster over there:

Again its beyond Bama.

Bama is not the ONLY TEAM TO SHUT LSU down for periods of time. As I have stated, SELA held us scoreless for a few quarters of play, MSU held us to 26 damn yards for 28 minutes of football. AU shut us down for 2 quarters, UF shut us down.

If we only had problems from Bama, there would be no issue here.

Pretty spot-the-phuk-on analysis. Couldn't agree more with his point.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
This from todays presser pretty much sums up what everyone is thinking and has said.

Q. You've been very, you were very good in scoring touchdowns in the red zone early in the season first four or five games. The last four or five kind of dropped off scoring touchdowns. Have you seen anything that has kind of --
ED ORGERON: Yeah, guys are changing their coverage on us. They know what we're doing, we have to be more creative. We have to run the football, we have to do a couple of different things. We had some plans to be a little bit more creative in the red zone but they changed their coverage and some of the routes that we were going to run we couldn't run against their coverage.

LSU can't adapt to a change in defense! We are nothing more than a Dallas Cowboys offense.
Yet Ensminger threw everything, including the kitchen sink at Bama. Absophukinlutely laughable at best.

Of course he did, because his "everything including the kitchen sink" is a very limited offensive game plan because he does not know how to adapt to an ever changing defensive scheme, and is in over his head. Minus a stint as OC at Auburn in 2008, where Auburn went 5-7 overall, 2-6 SEC... he hasn't been anything other than a position coach in 20 years.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart

7 - 2

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Yeh yeh, that' awesome. I love it. But in hindsight, Miami and Auburn both suck, record-wise those wins on our resume are as impressive as our wins over LaTech, SELU, and Ole Miss.

How much better would it be to be 8-1 tho, ya know beat Florida like we should have?

Or to be at minimum competitive against Bama, to show recruits why they should come here and play for LSU.

Instead, all we show them is how far the gap is between us, and why we'll never make the Playoffs, that if you want to play for championships you need to go to Bama.