[Game Day Thread] #7 Florida vs. #5 LSU, 7:00pm ESPN

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Would have, could have, should have. You need to put the hard stuff away.
If you don't clean up your play, make the INT's you're supposed to.... the would have's, could have's, should have's are the difference in playing in Outback bowls or, the play offs, national championships. Quit accepting mediocrity because the other forum says you're a bad fan if you don't.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Vegas has us as a 13 1/2 point favorite. We're up by two TDs. I wouldn't call that getting walked on.

So you do want to debate our defense? You can’t be serious right? I’ll admit they made some big plays but you realize a backup QB came into Death Valley on a Saturday night and marched up and down our field to the sum of over 450 yards (over 100 more than their season average) and keep in mind the teams they’ve played. UT Martin, Towson, Kentucky, Miami..........

we have issues on that side of the ball. And if those issues are not corrected, they will keep this team from accomplishing its goal of winning a championship. That’s what they play for.

I’m very happy for the win and love the tigers, I’m not calling for any coaches head.

TigerTap

Senior
I believe, while I criticized some valid areas like the defenses inability to get stops most of the night... I called a 17 pt. LSU win. You disagreed, take away the missed FG and LSU won by 17pts.

I called it 45-20

Trask the backup, had 310 yards, Burrow had 293 yards. Both got 3 TDs..

Of course Burrow had No INTs & a much better completion rate.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
You did. But the defense made some critical stops when they had to. That's how I judge them.
Yes they made some critical stops... but until their backs were against the wall, they missed assignments, couldn't tackle, let receivers blow by them, and almost all night couldn't get penetration. But you're right. The defense played one helluva game tonight.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Trask the backup, had 310 yards, Burrow had 293 yards.

@COTiger This is what Greg meant when he said Mediocrity. Our defense has some problems buddy. Florida’s backup QB threw for over 300 yards on us. In Death Valley on a Saturday night. He should have been cleaning mud and grass out of face mask while passing for less than 200 yards while running for his life being sacked 5 times and throwing at least 2 picks. That’s traditional LSU defense standards.

it’s not just FU. See Vandy, Northwestern.....

I’m not onboard with the guys calling for Arandas head on the other board. But my fear is LSU is going to piss away all the hard work put in to get the offense improved by going backwards 20 years on defense. Something the entire world knows LSU stands for.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
You did. But the defense made some critical stops when they had to. That's how I judge them.
If the Florida back up tore apart this defense, what do you think Tua and Mond are going to do?

There are glaring deficiencies that Aranda needs to work/figure out. We're 6 weeks into the season and this defense has not gotten better. That's alarming.

Last edited:

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
There you go again with the would of, could of, should of. I'll take a 2 TD win over a Top 10 SEC opponent.

Im definitely taking the win. But it’s ok to have reservations as we look forward. Doesn’t mean I won’t enjoy every game regardless of the outcome. If we were ready to pull the plug on LSU football, don’t you think we already would have? It’s not like we’re coming off a championship season(s).

We’re just discussing the game beyond the final score. How boring would this place be if all we did was post scores.......