[Game Day Thread] #7 Florida vs. #5 LSU, 7:00pm ESPN

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Yes they made some critical stops... but until their backs were against the wall, they missed assignments, couldn't tackle, let receivers blow by them, and almost all night couldn't get penetration. But you're right. The defense played one helluva game tonight.

Exactly. I guarantee the players and coaches are going to enjoy this win, and then be a hell of a lot more critical about their performance than we are being tonight.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I'm also concerned about the D. But, in their defense, they've had a shitload of injuries and playing with back ups to deal with. Hopefully we can turn things around and make improvements.

The secondary isn't missing anyone but 1 player. Even Delpit is blowing assignments and missing tackles, it's more than just injuries. This defense is not good.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
At one point in the game, Florida up 28-21, we were in very serious trouble of losing, had we not scored imo.

In @COTiger defense. Florida went up 28-21 on the 1st possession of the 2nd half and never scored again. Defense bent but didn’t break. Came up with some big stops, 2 big sacks, 2 big picks (one called back on a bull shit roughing the passer call) and a huge goal line stand. So I’ll bite on the bright side. Let’s celebrate this win fellas. Salute. Geaux Tigers and Fuck Florida

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
At one point in the game, Florida up 28-21, we were in very serious trouble of losing, had we not scored imo.

I think that's the kind of team we have this year.
That was my point earlier. I had LSU as a 17 pt win over Florida.

We allowed Florida to score to close out the 1st half, we allowed them to march the field and allowed them to score to open the 2nd half, A 14 pt swing. I said, If our defense does not get some stops we will lose having to play catch up. Then we got some stops and put a little separation on the score board and won by 14. What I said was true tho, and we got those stops and scored some points to win the game.

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
The secondary isn't missing anyone but 1 player. Even Delpit is blowing assignments and missing tackles, it's more than just injuries. This defense is not good.
That's what I can't figure out. What happened? We have 3 of 4 from last year at DB, but we have an almost sure 1st team All-SEC Freshman (Stingley) taking his place. And yet we look completely lost at times.

LBers are not tackling well at time & DL is not getting any push a lot of the time.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
You are aware that the defense includes the defensive line and linebackers.
Neither can get any penetration. The secondary is charged with stopping the pass... The corners and DB's apparently can not do that majority of the time, almost every QB that this secondary has faced has feasted off of them.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Neither can get any penetration. The secondary is charged with stopping the pass... The corners and DB's apparently can not do that majority of the time, almost every QB that this secondary has faced has feasted off of them.
Strictly my opinion, but at times I think Aranda is too conservative. I can understand it when we were playing non SEC opponents and we had starters out as a result of injuries and other reasons. We are now into meat of the SEC schedule. It's time for the D to step up and start playing on a more consistent basis.

TigerTap

Senior
Can we beat Bama with a fast paced Offense & an on again/off again Defense?

I'd bet money Saban tries to slow the pace of the game way down. Plus they can score as fast as we can, if needed.

TigerTap

Senior
Strictly my opinion, but at times I think Aranda is too conservative. I can understand it when we were playing non SEC opponents and we had starters out as a result of injuries and other reasons. We are now into meat of the SEC schedule. It's time for the D to step up and start playing on a more consistent basis.
I don't know, I'm a huge Aranda fan, but this year's D seems much different than his first 3. You're right, we need to be more consistent.

I wonder if we have enough really good pass rushers, at DE. I mean we have Chaisson..

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
That's what I was saying tonight. I had LSU winning by at least 17 before the game, it should have been a minimum 45 to 7 game. Then our defense was allowing Florida to score every drive. It became a drive per drive shootout until the 4th Qtr. We can not continue that trend, it will end up killing us.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....

That nasty aggressive proactive defense that brands LSU. Yes. Where the hell is that defense consistently? We see flashes of it from time to time. But just a tease

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
So many impressive stats tonight going against this defense we heard about all week long:

42 points on 48 plays
Burrow 293 yards 3 TD’s & only 3 Incompletions
We had 5 plays of 25+ yards (1 of 19 yards)
We Averaged 9.1 YPC and rushed for over 200
We only faced 4 third downs
*** But My Favorite: We gave up ZERO Sacks to the defense who led the nation in sacks