Fuel to the fire...

Carylab

Commit
I hope the coaches are watching and reading what all the analysts are say...no one gives LSU a chance to beat Bama. I’m so jacked up right now I want to suit up and beat Bama’s ass! Coaches get these guys motivated! F Bama!!

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
I hope the coaches are watching and reading what all the analysts are say...no one gives LSU a chance to beat Bama.

Particularly the Vegas odds makers. They didn't pull the 14 number out of their collective asses.

Carylab

Commit
I’ve had 2 people today come in my office at work and tell me LSU doesn’t have a chance and these are supposedly LSU fans...they lasted all of a minute combined before I cussed them and made them leave. If you’re a true LSU fan that doesn’t get jacked up this week and get behind this team then shame on you! F Bama!!!!

Carylab

Commit
How bout just being a fan and trying to speak it into existence! I’m a realist too but F Bama! Oh and I’ve been going to LSU games for 39 years.

LSUTiga

Public Relations
How about we leave questioning posters LSU fanhood over at the "Shingles" board?

None of us would be here if we weren't serious LSU fans.
I posted this, there.
Let’s play Saban Said:

Saban in his presser said this LSU team is unlike those of the past.

“This LSU team plays with different intangibles and isn’t only trying to run the ball like in the past. They play tempo now at times and have an effective QB. It will be a bigger challenge with what they do now than what they presented in the past.”

Tap not gone like dat.

TigerTap

Senior
I posted this, there.

I'm starting to worry Saban 'finna steal our Ensminger. Will Rosy be able to keep all his finches in the nest?

kew3lf.png

TigerTap

Senior
Sorry man. I can't agree. If you can't get worked up for the Bama game on game day week, then lock the doors and turn out the lights.

I think folks are worked up, but we're tasked with a really tough game, that at times can seem insurmountable.

For example, many LSU fans, myself included, are saying Alabama hasn't played anyone except A&M, their best win. And some think like Georgia, will get exposed. Perhaps this will happen.

But then you look at Bama's 2017 schedule, it was nearly identicle. They played 1 ranked but crappy FSU team. 8-0 going against #18 LSU was their first challenge, then they won the NC.

We have some advantages, we have beaten a good team in Georgia & playing in Tiger Stadium.

I personally think the key to a win for us, has to start with our Defense. We have the best DBs Tua will face. Go man coverage or a mix of man/zone? Aranda has his work cut out for him, but he can match their WRs in talent. Some are saying Bama's Defense isn't as good this year, but they are #16, we are #21. Pretty close..plus the Georgia win on our side.

NCAA Total Defense:
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

I'm honestly trying to figure out how we can move the ball Offensively on them. Unlike the 2 Defenses, there is a huge gap here. Bama is #2 in Total Offense, we're #86. If we blitz Tua too much, he'll burn us badly. If we lay back & play straight up man to man, he'll pick us apart. Hopefully, Aranda can find a good balance here.

Burrow has to make some tough throws, over the middle. Brossette & CEH, have to get some good yardage...CEH must get extra edge yardage. WRs have to catch the damn ball. Pretty basic stuff. Why are we not playing Chase & Marshall more? They could surprise Bama, if allowed to play more.

NCAA Total Defense:
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p2

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Just based on their SOS, the overall W/L's of the teams they've played, etc... I don't buy that #16 defense ranking. Is that a real reflection of their defense or is it inflated stats based on weaker competition?

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
Just based on their SOS, the overall W/L's of the teams they've played, etc... I don't buy that #16 defense ranking. Is that a real reflection of their defense or is it inflated stats based on weaker competition?
Well, I think we know they have talent and coaching, so that number probably isn’t far off.

TigerTap

Senior

I tend to agree about their #16 ranked D. That's similar to how I got burned by Georgia's Offensive numbers. They hadn't been tested yet by a good Defense. With Bama, all we really know right now is that they have good players & have beaten a bunch of weaker teams.