Fuel to the fire...

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
We have the secondary. Our defensive keys for success is going to be the DL and tackling. We have got to get pressure and penetration.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I posted this, there.

Saban is working on eliminating the rat poison. In all seriousness, he doesn't respect this LSU team or Coach O, and certainly isn't threatened by them. He just doesn't want his players buying into the hype and coming out flat.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I am always jacked up for Bama week, although the larger the losing streak grows the easier it becomes to get less invested. I keep hearing (and agree) that Bama has not faced a defense like LSU. Well, LSU has not faced an offense like Bama. So even if that evens out, I don't think offensively LSU is talented enough or well coached enough to line up and beat this Bama defense and ultimately that will be the difference maker. I don't think Joe Burrow or Ensminger have the skill set to do it, but I've been wrong all season.

Even with the rat poison, I don't think we catch these guys sleep walking and even if we do, it wont last long. If it makes me less of a fan to be rational then so be it.

TigerTap

Senior
You’re called DBU for a reason. Man to man. Beat us.
I agree. But missing an All-American type Linebacker, might call for adding a Rover Safety. At least for a half. Or go to the 4-2--5 & add the Rover Safety, plus add an additional DL. Of course that leaves us more vulnerable to their run.

I'm thinking we are more talented at Safety. I don't believe adding a space eating LBer until White comes in, will work well.

TigerTap

Senior
I don't think Joe Burrow or Ensminger have the skill set to do it, but I've been wrong all season.

I don't think we catch these guys sleep walking and even if we do, it wont last long. If it makes me less of a fan to be rational then so be it.
Words of wisdom, my friend.

This is the thing that worries everyone the most, I think. How many games did Ensminger really won for us? Without our Defensive performances, were like 2-6 right now. 6 frickin TDs in 8 games? Gimme a break. E & O are living off Aranda's D.

Here's our Offense against MooU:
  • Running TD
  • FG
  • FG
  • FG
  • FG

Last edited:

lsu-i-like

Redshirt

This is the thing that worries everyone the most, I think. How many games did Ensminger really won for us? Without our Defensive performances, were like 2-6 right now. At least in 6 frickin TDs in 8 games? Gimme a break. E & O are living off Aranda's D.

• Running TD
  • FG
  • FG
  • FG
  • FG
If that was a Miles win you’d be singing it’s praises. I’ll take that against a solid SEC school in a letdown spot with a green offense.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....

This is the thing that worries everyone the most, I think. How many games did Ensminger really won for us? Without our Defensive performances, were like 2-6 right now. 6 frickin TDs in 8 games? Gimme a break. E & O are living off Aranda's D.

• Running TD
  • FG
  • FG
  • FG
  • FG

Agreed. Running TD setup by an interception returned inside the 3 yard line.

Statistically speaking, Etling had better numbers last year.

TigerTap

Senior
I started out the week thinking we had a good to decent chance to win. But as the week went on & the more I looked at our Offense..things became darker. I really think our Defense will do a great job, but can only do so much. The Offense has to do something different. Here are a few concerns I see on Offense:
  • Burrow completing 53% of his passes.
  • WRs who are incredibly talented, have been dropping far too many passes.
  • Nick Brossette has done a fantastic job this year, but he's not quite as talented as a Fournette, Guice, or Hill. He should be a 1, 000 yard rusher by season's end. But our feauture RB has dropped below 5.0 yards per carry for the first time since 2010. There is a big difference between 6.5 & 4.6 YPC. Devil is in the details..
While it's true Bama hasn't played anyone except #22 A&M, how can we know if they are in hiding like Georgia obviously was, or whether Bama is very real? How many times has Saban been accused of hiding a weak team at Bama?

We will find out soon if these concerns are legit or not. Orgeron's will either be 1-5 or 0-6 against Alabama after Saturday.

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
If that was a Miles win you’d be singing it’s praises. I’ll take that against a solid SEC school in a letdown spot with a green offense.
No self-respecting LSU fan is "Singing praises" about beating the Cowbells. At least that was true until Rosy dropped anchor in BR.

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
I started out the week thinking we had a good to decent chance to win. But as the week went on & the more I looked at our Offense..things became darker. I really think our Defense will do a great job, but can only do so much. The Offense has to do something different. Here are a few concerns I see on Offense:
  • Burrow completing 53% of his passes.
  • WRs who are incredibly talented, have been dropping far too many passes.
  • Nick Brossette has done a fantastic job this year, but he's not quite as talented as a Fournette, Guice, or Hill. He should be a 1, 000 yard rusher by season's end. But our feauture RB has dropped below 5.0 yards per carry for the first time since 2010. There is a big difference between 6.5 & 4.6 YPC. Devil is in the details..
While it's true Bama hasn't played anyone except #22 A&M, how can we know if they are in hiding like Georgia obviously was, or whether Bama is very real? How many times has Saban been accused of hiding a weak team at Bama?

We will find out soon if these concerns are legit or not. Orgeron's will either be 1-5 or 0-6 against Alabama after Saturday.

• Burrow’s completion percentage is misleading, the passing game is more dynamic than its been in a while; TEs and RBs can’t be used as much in passing game due to OL deficiencies, but Burrow is more of an x-factor than outsiders recognize from the stats: he’s also learning on the job with the rest of the offense; Saban excels at making QBs look bad, but as green as he is I think Burrow is battle hardened; can’t hold the ball too long
  • Totally agree; this is a much bigger factor than Burrow, WRs need to carry at least half the load in passing game
  • I expect our RBs to be more effective than Guice or Fournette against Bama because our passing game is a legit threat; I’d like to see more Brosette early and CEH late, but I expect we’ll see the same rotation we’ve been seeing; I guess CEH early is like gut punches
  • I agree about Bama, they’re going to be tougher than UGA; they have insane talent and coaching, but neither is infallible; Saban might go conservative if we pop him in the lip (he did this too much while at LSU)
  • If Aranda can make Bama’s offense one dimensional, he might be able to shut them down; Bama is so good I think Aranda will have to take turns cheating the run and pass, and hopefully he gambles effectively; DBU will have to stand strong against Tua when we cheat against the run, and hopefully we can confuse Tua enough with pass D to keep him off rhythm (DL needs to come to play - this is Orgeron’s specialty, right?)
  • STs is strong, this could be the difference, and I think this is one area where LSU has the advantage
  • Orgeron ain’t no dummy; game day coaching has been pretty sharp; I’d love to see him out duel Saban; I think he is building a culture of respect, strength, and responsibility versus Saban’s culture of fear; ready to drink Saban’s tears
  • I think Bama fans will be incredulous when the clock hits 00:00; some pundits will question this as a fluke, but people are going to start jumping on the bandwagon; LSU looks like it is improving under O as the season progresses; return to the mountaintop will be glorious
  • If we lose, fuck dem, we’re going to leave it all on the field and play for each other; Tiger Stadium is going to be lit win, lose, or draw; we weren’t supposed to win anyway and a 10-win season (a premier bowl, even) is still within grasp