Ensmingers Offense

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
In the Florida game, we might've won, but we'd have ran for 300+ yrds eating cock, while the defense held them to 190 yrds and 10 1st downs. A win is a win tho.
I feel doubtful Miles woulda beat AU, FU, MSU, etc. I doubt we’d have Burrow, maybe not Brennan, don’t think the UGA RB decommitt would even be considering LSU.

TigerTap

Senior
I feel doubtful Miles woulda beat AU, FU, MSU, etc. I doubt we’d have Burrow, maybe not Brennan, don’t think the UGA RB decommitt would even be considering LSU.
Doubtful? He beat those teams more than most. I don't know about Joe, but besides having Cam Akers Starting at RB, with Brossette, we'd have Emery committed & another top RB at a few practices.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Doubtful? He beat those teams more than most. I don't know about Joe, but besides having Cam Akers Starting at RB, with Brossette, we'd have Emery committed & another top RB at a few practices.
That was Miles' MO. Have the house stacked with stud RB's and a strong stout defense. Then rely on the running game and defense to ride out 10-11 wins per season, including bowl games. Some games causing the fan base to hard swallow and skip a heart beat.

I love Miles, I just wish he would've/could've grown with the game and adapted to a more well balanced offense, run AND pass.

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
That was Miles' MO. Have the house stacked with stud RB's and a strong stout defense. Then rely on the running game and defense to ride out 10-11 wins per season, including bowl games. Some games causing the fan base to hard swallow and skip a heart beat.

I love Miles, I just wish he would've/could've grown with the game and adapted to a more well balanced offense, run AND pass.
He was starting to lose out on the best players because his shtick has played out.

TigerTap

Senior

Everything you said about Miles is mostly true. He loves hard hitting, smash-mouth football. He'd dared teams to stop his team & many backed down or got flat out destroyed. He was highly successful.

The myth about Miles is that he didn't like to throw the ball. 5 of the Top 10 single season passing records at LSU, were Les Miles teams. 50% of the passing record books, doesn't square with the LSU good 'ol boy line: "Antiquated Offense" or the dumber still the "He wouldn't change" bit. Wouldn't change what? Owning most of LSU's Rushing records or 50% of LSU's Passing records?

It was a political firing. 1 game ruined his career at LSU. And now we have the worst coach in Ole Miss' history. And we are supposed to:

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
Everything you said about Miles is mostly true. He loves hard hitting, smash-mouth football. He'd dared teams to st".op his team & many backed down or got flat out destroyed. He was highly successful.

The myth about Miles is that he didn't like to throw the ball. 5 of the Top 10 single season passing records at LSU, were Les Miles teams. 50% of the passing record books, doesn't square with the LSU old boy line: "Antiquated Offense" or the dumber still the "He wouldn't change" bit. Wouldn't change what? Owning most of LSU's Rushing records or 50% of LSU's Passing records?

It was a political firing. 1 game ruined his career at LSU. And now we have the worst coach in Ole Miss' history. And we are supposed to:

I think E will prove y’all wrong come Saturday. Just remember, this is big bad Bama. If E doesn’t preside over 600yds of offense, that isn’t necessarily a bad day.

TigerTap

Senior
Can’t believe you’re still fawning over Miles.
You hate him because he had LSU in the Top 10 every year & is the 5th winningest coach in SEC football history?

Fawning? Buy a gawd damn LSU media guide. I like him because he won a lot. When do you think was the last time an LSU coach to went 13-0 regular season & beat what? 4 Conference champions in 1 season?

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
You hate him because he had LSU in the Top 10 every year & is the 5th winningest coach in SEC football history?

Fawning? Buy a gawd damn LSU media guide. I like him because he won a lot. When do you think was the last time an LSU coach to went 13-0 regular season & beat what? 4 Conference champions in 1 season?
I like Miles, respect what he accomplished, and fully supported pulling the plug. It was time to move on three years ago. Now, it’s just creepy, man.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Everything you said about Miles is mostly true. He loves hard hitting, smash-mouth football. He'd dared teams to stop his team & many backed down or got flat out destroyed. He was highly successful.

The myth about Miles is that he didn't like to throw the ball. 5 of the Top 10 single season passing records at LSU, were Les Miles teams. 50% of the passing record books, doesn't square with the LSU good 'ol boy line: "Antiquated Offense" or the dumber still the "He wouldn't change" bit. Wouldn't change what? Owning most of LSU's Rushing records or 50% of LSU's Passing records?

CLM’s stubbornness and feud with his boss got him fired. 2 things that could be overlooked if he was competing for championships. But let’s be clear, we didn’t upgrade the offense. Now, had we brought in Joey Freshwater as our OC I’d be much more optimistic. Players like playing for Coach O, and he may be the right man for the long haul. But if he doesn’t fix this average to below average offense, he will get fired just as Les Miles did. Especially if he can’t beat Bama. Even quicker if he is getting blown out.