Ensmingers Offense

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Its looks like we’ve found our guy at HC. Coach O has surprised the college football world and impressed. But I think Ensminger is still the equivalent to a bum knee. I don’t think our offense has the fire power to beat Bama and I am afraid it never will under CSE. I’ve been wrong a lot this year (delightfully) and hope I’m wrong now.

What are your thoughts?

BAY0U BENGAL

Tigerbaiting champion of the world
I think we’re good. I just don’t think we’re great with this offense. There is never a vanilla playbook. It’s just the playbook. And we’ve seen the meat and potatoes of it. It won’t beat championship level teams, and I’m anxious to see how the offense fares against Alabama’s defense.

kcal

transplanted tiger
it's a lot of things, is Sullivan putting the best on the field, drops, etc.
ensminger goes les 2.0 when we get to the 30 because of tracy

he calls plays that take too long that don't help burrow or the o line, and ignores the te too much....anyone seen mcnath lately? Can't escape the irony there

extra week off will help with the oline and give burrow what he needs most: reps

can we get the georgia game oc on 11/3? if so we have a fighters chance

long term we give Steve a gold watch, hire longo, give aranda a raise, then polish the trophy

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
It's no secret I am no fan of E but to be fair we have won 7 games, something no one thought we would do with 4 games left.

Now. Like stated, if the LSU offense of the UGA game shows up, we have ourselves a ballgame, if the LSU offense of the Gator game shows up... we're going to be in for a long night. I suspect we'll beat Rkansas, Rice and aTm... that'll buy E another year. But shitting the bed against Florida and Bama, 2018 will be a mirror of E's 2016 offensive success, or lack there of when it counted.

Last edited:

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I’m holding out hope our struggles are due to youth, injuries and a unit (coach and players) that hasnt spent a great deal of time together (multiple seasons).

But we’re 8 games in. We are who we are. And it’s no fun complaining while we’re 7-1. But we fired a great coach due to a mediocre offense. We can’t get sucked in to being a 10 win team who continually falls short due to an inept offense again.

I want to keep the pedal to the metal and not move the goal post because we have a soft spot for Coach O and his success. I am enjoying the season so I don’t want to sound like an ungrateful asshole, just concerned about Nov 3rd and beyond with this offense.

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
We'll at worst case scenario finish the last 4 game stretch 3-1. Rkansas, Rice, and aTm aren't anything to worry about. Bama on the other hand is our only real test left. I think this Defense is up to the challenge, and Tua hasn't faced a defense of this caliber yet.

My issues with the LSU offense all circle around E and my thoughts on him. If he can call a game that beats Bama, I will gladly apologize to him. But if he shits the bed it's 2016 all over again. See my thread about the "LSU redzone offense". E isn't the answer. He's serviceable for 9-10 wins but he won't take us to a conference championship or beyond.

Last edited:

dachsie

Redshirt
I remember things were looking good in the interim year with CSE as OC and then we played Bama and reverted to the Les Miles offense. I fear that happens again. Bama will come too hard and fast at us for CSE to keep up

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I remember things were looking good in the interim year with CSE as OC and then we played Bama and reverted to the Les Miles offense. I fear that happens again. Bama will come too hard and fast at us for CSE to keep up
He also shit the bed to Florida that season. So far he's shit the bed to Florida this year, will he against Bama? We'll find out in 11 days.

cul2969

Redshirt
I’m holding out hope our struggles are due to youth, injuries and a unit (coach and players) that hasnt spent a great deal of time together (multiple seasons).

But we’re 8 games in. We are who we are. And it’s no fun complaining while we’re 7-1. But we fired a great coach due to a mediocre offense. We can’t get sucked in to being a 10 win team who continually falls short due to an inept offense again.

I want to keep the pedal to the metal and not move the goal post because we have a soft sport for Coach O and his success. I am enjoying the season so I don’t want to sound like an ungrateful asshole, just concerned about Nov 3rd and beyond with this offense.

This has been my great fear with Coach O all along. If we just win 8 or 9 games and go to decent bowl, it seems like most LSU fans are ok with that because he is one of us. We just fired a coach who did better than that and it wasn't good enough. Why is it good enough for O?

That being said, I have to admit that I'm pretty happy with O at this point except for one thing... Ensminger.

I don't know... I just think this is who he is and it's not going to get better. He's not innovative. For the last 15 years he was happy being a TE coach and collecting a decent check and being home with the family. That's great but it's not exactly the hungry, creative, gogetter that you want running your offense when your trying to keep up with probably the greatest college football coach of all time.

When the going gets tough he pulls into a little shell and I fear that what is about to happen with the Bama game. We will play a close to the vest, 4 quarter war and try to win it late with the kicker. And we will lose by 30 points if we go that route.

LaSalleAve

Simple man with a complex plan
I thought both would fail miserably, Boy was I wrong. I like what Ensminger has been doing at times. Sometimes I don’t think he has the right feel for the flow of the game, I think that showed in Florida, we should have continued to pound zone read and run Burrow until their DE’s backed the fuck off.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Many years ago someone told me that you could not make chicken salad out of . . . well you know the rest of it. I think he’s doing the best he can with what he has to work with.

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
I don’t have too much of an issue with E so far. Offensive talent is raw and offense has been everything we’ve needed. Hell, against FU that last drive ended when WRs dropped two passes. After that of course Burrow was going to press. If WRs execute we might be undefeated right now.

TigerTap

Senior
This has been my great fear with Coach O all along. If we just win 8 or 9 games and go to decent bowl, it seems like most LSU fans are ok with that because he is one of us. We just fired a coach who did better than that and it wasn't good enough. Why is it good enough for O?

That being said, I have to admit that I'm pretty happy with O at this point except for one thing... Ensminger.

I don't know... I just think this is who he is and it's not going to get better. He's not innovative.

It's good enough because O is a coonass. The BOS & Alleva took a huge & stupid gamble knowing how many LSU fans would react. And it paid off for them.

What has been O's biggest contribution to his staff, knowing he didn't hire Aranda or Corey Raymond? I figure the choices are Matt Canada who lasted 1 year, Ensminger or "Meatball" the DLine coach.

LSU Fans used to say "An LSU coach must be able to beat Alabama." Now it's ok if we take a respectabe loss. Like 10-24 or 0-10. " But we done held 'em to under their season average Offense!":rolleyes:

TigerTap

Senior
I don’t have too much of an issue with E so far. Offensive talent is raw and offense has been everything we’ve needed. Hell, against FU that last drive ended when WRs dropped two passes. After that of course Burrow was going to press. If WRs execute we might be undefeated right now.

You would be undefeated if a certain coach was still here. ;) He hadn't lost to Florida in 3 years.

TigerTap

Senior
I bet the record would be worse.
98ca4jk.jpg