2 Quotes from Orgeron

TigerTap

Senior
Isn’t Aranda’s contract guaranteed? With the amount of money we spent on him he’s here for the long haul.

We pay Ed Orgeron $3.5 milkion to be loud, to cheer & clap his hands & recruit Louisiana. If that's worth 3.5, what do you suppose a Coach with real coaching skills & has developed a very good scheme is worth? Remember all DC's don't turn out liken Mike Archer.

Regardless of how our Defense looks against Georgia & Bama, Aranda’s is still #1 or #2 on the Best Coordinator lists. He"s the highest paid DC in College football. What's his real growth potentisl here? None. Alleva didn't even give him a look. He sees E & O's mediocre Offense. Does Aranda want to hang around & be a part of the Fired coaches when it happens? Add in F. KIng's new contract..

I don't see him here for the long haul at all. I think we'll be lucky to get another year. Coaching contracts are more "Suggestions" these days anyway. Sad but true."I'm not going to be the coach at Alabama".

kcal

transplanted tiger
I've heard that too, but he could go either way, NFL or college, imo. But I do think he ultimately wants to go to the NFL. I really hope he stays!
I just don't think recruiting, etc. is in his wheelhouse. seems better suited to the nfl