2 Quotes from Orgeron

TigerTap

Senior
These are both quotes by Ed Orgeron after he's lost a game. One was after Notre Dame Loss, the other is from yesterday after the Florida Loss.. Can you tell which one is which? It's really isn't difficult, but this clearly shows him shifting blame onto Aranda, while deflecting any blame for the "E&O" Offense. To me, it's incredulous that he's even used this quote 2 times.

• “I thought our defense was going to stop them and that we were going to win," LSU coach Ed Orgeron said.

• “Obviously, you think about it,” Orgeron said. “But you go ahead with under two minutes to go. I thought our defense would stop them."

Is he going to fire Dave Aranda, so he can hire another dude he used to work with at Syracuse, Miami or an old unemployed USC BBQ buddy?

We were clearly outcoached after the first possession. LSU had more talent at nearly every single position, imo. Mullen put them in a position to win & they did.

"I love the new Coach O & Ensminger Offense"
601644765_750x422.jpg

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I don’t want to see Aranda fired

Neither LSU nor Orgeron is going to fire Dave Aranda. In fact, even if he wanted to, I do not think LSU would allow him to. He knows Aranda is the best option to lead this defense, unfortunately we're very young and very beat up on that side of the ball. It's showing. If we can get some keys names back and healthy it'd be a different story. But there's some fundamentals that need worked on badly. I hope they're working to correct those glaring issues.

TigerTap

Senior
Neither LSU nor Orgeron is going to fire Dave Aranda. In fact, even if he wanted to, I do not think LSU would allow him to. He knows Aranda is the best option to lead this defense, unfortunately we're very young and very beat up on that side of the ball. It's showing. If we can get some keys names back and healthy it'd be a different story. But there's some fundamentals that need worked on badly. I hope they're working to correct those glaring issues.

Absolutely agree. The only thing I've ever questioned with Aranda was the division of cornerback & safety coaches. I know other teams do tbis, but It seems to me that one coach have all 4 DBs on the same page, has worked well for Corey Raymond for a long time. Nothing against Bill Busch at all, he's done a great job with Delpit, for sure. But some of our best DBs teams in the past, seemed to be able to almost read each other's moves. This year, they look great on 2 or 3 plays, then looked lost for a few plays, then great again. To me, it might be a minor communication thing, having 2 DB coaches. It may work out really well & is just taking some time to adjust.

I love Aranda's scheme & have a great fear of him leaving, even though he's making $2.5 million per year.

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I love Aranda's scheme & have a great fear of him leaving, even though he's making $2.5 million per year.

He'd be a fool to leave. There's only a handful of teams that could afford him, let alone willing to pay him what he's worth. He knows he has it good here, and he's starting to get a roster of his types of players. I think Aranda will be here a while.

3 and out

Freshman
I stand by my original feelings towards Coach O. He is in over his head and he will never win any championships here. It makes it extremely difficult to get excited for LSU games or have any hope. I didn't need a loss against Florida to feel this way, this loss only reconfirms my initial intuition

3 and out

Freshman
He'd be a fool to leave. There's only a handful of teams that could afford him, let alone willing to pay him what he's worth. He knows he has it good here, and he's starting to get a roster of his types of players. I think Aranda will be here a while.

We need depth in our front seven. Its very soft.

TigerTap

Senior
I stand by my original feelings towards Coach O. He is in over his head and he will never win any championships here. It makes it extremely difficult to get excited for LSU games or have any hope. I didn't need a loss against Florida to feel this way, this loss only reconfirms my initial intuition
I know exactly how you feel. These past 2 years have been my toughest years as an LSU fan. But I keep hoping that maybe somehow we can get there. I really do love the entire Defensive side of the ball & have a lot of confidence there.

I'm fighting against being too negative about O& E everyday. It was hard after Florida, when people were asking why we didn't look at Mullen. Honestly, it's not just Mullen,but quite a few others should have been looked at imo.

Last edited:

3 and out

Freshman
I know exactly how you feel. These past 2 years have been my toughest years as an LSU fan. But I keep hoping that maybe somehow we can get there. I really do love the entire Defensive side of the ball & have a lot of confidence there.

I'm fighting against being too negative about O& E everyday. It was hard after Florida, when people were asking why we didn't look at Mullen. Honestly, it's not just Mullen,but quite a few others should have been looked at imo.

Agreed and its hard enough not be negative about the hires, but when you lose (especially the way we lost) it makes it nearly impossible to be excited about LSU. Id would have rather just lost to Miami out the gate so that I didn't get my hopes up even a little. (Actually, Miami fans were obnoxious, I'm glad we won that).

As for the hire, we didn't look at all. We got told no by two big names and settled for mediocrity. That's what we've become, mediocre and its sad and bad for the sport. And calling it out makes me a bad fan somehow.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
There's always going to be those fans who believe if you say anything bad about the Tigers you're a "Negatiger", and on the flip side if you say anything good you're a "Sunshine" pumper. I don't get it. I try not to be too negative. I just believe in calling shit how I see it. And Saturday was ugly, there's blame to go all around the program. Apparently being a "realistic" fan is impossible in this day and age.

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
I can't pull for LSU to lose. But I can see the catch-22 of the whole situation.

Let's say O keeps winninng 8 or 9 games a year & there is no growth, no getting into the playoffs, LSU admins could just tell us, "Well he's won 8/9 games last year". We could literally be put in the spin cycle for 5 years. These are the same people that made him head coach. Who steps up & decides when LSU is not making progress?

Fox investigating the chicken coop..?

I mean the excuses: he needs better players, he needs his players, we had 27 injures last year, "But nobody beats Saban, give him a break" etc. It's endless.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I can't pull for LSU to lose. But I can see the catch-22 of the whole situation.

Let's say O keeps winninng 8 or 9 games a year & there is no growth, no getting into the playoffs, LSU admins could just tell us, "Well he's won 8/9 games last year". We could literally be put in the spin cycle for 5 years. These are the same people that made him head coach. Who steps up & decides when LSU is not making progress?

Fox investigating the chicken coop..?

I mean the excuses: he needs better players, he needs his players, we had 27 injures last year, "But nobody beats Saban, give him a break" etc. It's endless.

I get what you're saying. The coaching search to replace Miles wasn't done correctly, we all know this. They had a short list. Jimbo Fisher, he said "No" after we decided that we weren't going to pay him the money he was asking. So we go after Tom Herman, same shit. He wasn't interested in coming here 'cuz he wanted the UT job. Well he used us as a ploy to get more money and concessions from UT. So our dumbass leaders took the safe and comfortable approach... they promoted O from within.

I still say had the powers that be opened the check book, we'd have Fisher here this season, and the real chances of bringing in stellar classes with real QB development. Instead, aTm desperate to win... gave him $75M/10 yrs. We'll look back on this as a "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" thing in a couple of seasons. Altho, personally I wasn't so sure about Fisher, but the man can develop QB's and recruit.

TigerTap

Senior
I get what you're saying. The coaching search to replace Miles wasn't done correctly, we all know this. They had a short list. Jimbo Fisher, he said "No" after we decided that we weren't going to pay him the money he was asking. So we go after Tom Herman, same shit. He wasn't interested in coming here 'cuz he wanted the UT job. Well he used us as a ploy to get more money and concessions from UT. So our dumbass leaders took the safe and comfortable approach... they promoted O from within.

I still say had the powers that be opened the check book, we'd have Fisher here this season, and the real chances of bringing in stellar classes with real QB development. Instead, aTm desperate to win... gave him $75M/10 yrs. We'll look back on this as a "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" thing in a couple of seasons. Altho, personally I wasn't so sure about Fisher, but the man can develop QB's and recruit.

Yep. I think if Alleva had offered him big money, we could have gotten Fisher. I wasn't a huge Fisher guy either. But I have to admit I like how A&M cut bait with Sumlin's & took a big gamble. It may or not payoff, but at least they had the stones & tried to move the ball forward. I'm mostly pissed that we didn't take decisive action like that.

LSU just puttered around & then the Big news was "We hired the best man & guess what? he was right here under our noses."

I agree. We'll look back at this as a Coulda, Woulda Shoulda.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Yep. I think if Alleva had offered him big money, we could have gotten Fisher. I wasn't a huge Fisher guy either. But I have to admit I like how A&M cut bait with Sumlin's & took a big gamble. It may or not payoff, but at least they had the stones & tried to move the ball forward. I'm mostly pissed that we didn't take decisive action like that.

LSU just puttered around & then the Big news was "We hired the best man & guess what? he was right here under our noses."

I agree. We'll look back at this as a Coulda, Woulda Shoulda.

We could have had Jimbo after the 2015 season if Alleva hadn't bungled the whole thing. Look how cleanly Georgia handled the firing of Richt and the hiring of Smart.

kcal

transplanted tiger
I think aranda's next stop is the nfl

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
Isn’t Aranda’s contract guaranteed? With the amount of money we spent on him he’s here for the long haul.