Bullshit Targeting Call...

mancha

Freshman
If your question was directed to me, I didn't see the play.
It was Devin White's hit on steroids. But that doesn't matter. It is if the ref calls it on the field. If they don't call it, it doesn't go to review. Different refs, different calls. That is the subjective nature of the rule.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I may be wrong but it looked to me to be a hard push with hands with no helmet to helmet contact. I only saw it in real time and then again in replay. I never saw anything that looked to me to be targeting, or helmet /chin contact.
Imo the call was bullshit. If this is the route that CFB, like the NFL, then we may as well say these QB’s are down as soon as they’re touched.

mancha

Freshman
I may be wrong but it looked to me to be a hard push with hands with no helmet to helmet contact. I only saw it in real time and then again in replay. I never saw anything that looked to me to be targeting, or helmet /chin contact.
Imo the call was bullshit. If this is the route that CFB, like the NFL, then we may as well say these QB’s are down as soon as they’re touched.
Yeah. I said it is how they see it on the field. It is too subjective of a call. If the flag doesn't come out, no review.

3 and out

Freshman
This sucks. Thankfully it’s only one half but it still sucks. We’re losing our all American middle linebacker who is the captain of our defense.

His replacement, Queen.......has the same amount of tackles this entire season as Devin had in the Georgia game alone. FML

LaSalleAve

Simple man with a complex plan
Hopefully O finds a way to turn this into motivation. We already know White or not LSU won’t be picked to win this game by anyone who has a voice on television or online.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I've got a better chance of regaining a full head of hair than Joe does of getting the SEC to reverse the call. Oh well, at least he gave it an effort.
Of course he'll fail, it's already been stated by the SEC there is no appeal option for this. White will sit for the 1st half of Bama. Alleva taking it to the SEC office is more ceremonious imo. Shows he has our student-athletes backs, and will go to bat for them and the programs.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Of course he'll fail, it's already been stated by the SEC there is no appeal option for this. White will sit for the 1st half of Bama. Alleva taking it to the SEC office is more ceremonious imo. Shows he has our student-athletes backs, and will go to bat for them and the programs.
I agree.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I am not a fan of James Carville but every now and then he says something worth reading. I couldn't agree with him more.
https://www.nola.com/lsu/2018/10/ja...ion-proves-collusion-between-sec-alabama.html

- and -
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_1f6605de-d577-11e8-bc49-8b24d37f9493.html

Carville has a point. I've noticed the Bama home cooking vs. LSU since the 2009? season. The PP INT that wasn't, bad spots, etc. The making multiple NC's/Playoffs without ever winning the division or conference...

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
I am not a fan of James Carville but every now and then he says something worth reading. I couldn't agree with him more.
https://www.nola.com/lsu/2018/10/ja...ion-proves-collusion-between-sec-alabama.html

- and -
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_1f6605de-d577-11e8-bc49-8b24d37f9493.html

Carville has a point. I've noticed the Bama home cooking vs. LSU since the 2009? season. The PP INT that wasn't, bad spots, etc. The making multiple NC's/Playoffs without ever winning the division or conference...
You obviously weren't around in the Bear Bryant era.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Honestly, they should save all this shit for the offseason. I’ve questioned a lot of things Alabama has been able to get away with and hate the fact the Steve Shaw (the head of SEC officiating) is a Bama alumnus and that’s somehow ok.

I fully support an investigation, just prefer it be after the season. We don’t need the distractions or to come off as whiny babies. I also feel like Carville was being a little petulant on the Finebaum show today especially when talking about shouting obscenities from the student section. Just not a good look for us.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Honestly, they should save all this shit for the offseason. I’ve questioned a lot of things Alabama has been able to get away with and hate the fact the Steve Shaw (the head of SEC officiating) is a Bama alumnus and that’s somehow ok.

I fully support an investigation, just prefer it be after the season. We don’t need the distractions or to come off as whiny babies. I also feel like Carville was being a little petulant on the Finebaum show today especially when talking about shouting obscenities from the student section. Just not a good look for us.
Wasn't Ritter a Bama booster?

I agree with most of your assessment, but in all reality, those who wish to will see it how they will regardless of the truth. The entire world knows Bama has some sort of special entitlement. When you can lose games, not win your division, not play for let alone win your conference, yet get a do over in a BCS NC, or make the playoffs... you have entitlement.