Thoughts after 3 games

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I think when you’re hopeful you have the talent to win a national championship, you pride yourself on being “DBU” and your secondary is getting picked apart by an 0-2 FCS team it’s cause for concern and criticism. I get it’s only week 3 and off a huge week. Maybe my expectations are too high and I’ll just pump the brakes.

We won't get a true gauge of how well he's addressed things until the Florida game.

Jordan Love and Utah State can sling it. If we come out like we did Saturday, they might score on every possession.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Jordan Love and Utah State can sling it. If we come out like we did Saturday, they might score on every possession.

If that were to happen, not only should LSU be removed from the Top 25 altogether... but many would be calling for Aranda's as well as O's head.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
No. 4 LSU (3-0) is tied 60th nationally with five sacks allowed, and Orgeron said multiple times this week that the Tigers offensive line needed to improve with its run blocking.

LSU is tied 105th nationally in rush offense, averaging 115.33 yards per game, and Orgeron said the Tigers tried some new zone blocking schemes against Northwestern State that just didn't work.

"Last week, we put in some new runs, and we just canned them early," Orgeron said. "So we want to have some staple runs, and we want to make them work."

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I still don’t see how you “can’t” make anything work against a team like Northwestern. Of this LSU Oline can’t get push and block Northwestern, this could be a long SEC season.

I’m confident things will get figured out when we get a few starters back tho.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Injuries or not. As soon as we play a team with a decent defense, we’re in trouble. Auburn and Florida will give us all we can handle. No way this team could beat Bama right now. I hope it will not be our defense that will prevent us from being a playoff team this year. It’s week 4. Our defense deserves the criticism its getting with all these missed tackles and blown assignments (but they can still improve). Right now we are a team with a great offense and some questions marks on defense.

Also if Burrow goes down, we’re screwed. Brennan doesn't appear to be very good.

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
I'm concerned about our rushing game & our defensive backfield. Also the lines of scrimmage.

I still think something isn't working between CB coach Corey Raymond & fairly new Safeties coach. Not sure why the "DBs" were split up into 2 camps. Not sure, but 4 games for the first INT?

I do like the vast improvement in the passing game & our WRs are running far better, crisper, cleaner routes than last year.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
I'm concerned about our rushing game & our defensive backfield. Also the lines of scrimmage.

I still think something isn't working between CB coach Corey Raymond & fairly new Safeties coach. Not sure why the "DBs" were split up into 2 camps. Not sure, but 4 games for the first INT?

I do like the vast improvement in the passing game & our WRs are running far better, crisper, cleaner routes than last year.

DB's were split up because Aranda wanted it that way. Why, I don't know since Raymond was already dound such a great job. I am most disappointed by the way Grant Delpit's play has fallen off since last year. It's like his head is not in the game any more. At this point he has fallen from a top 10 pick to a second or third rounder.

Last edited:

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
DB's were split up because Aranda wanted it that way. Why, I don't know since Raymond was already dound such a great job. I am most disappointed by the way Grant Delpit's play has fallen off since last year. It's like his head is not in the game any more. At this point he has fallen from a top 10 pick to a second or third rounder.

Couldn't agree more. I said yesterday the kid went from Jamal Adams to Karnell Hatcher.

That’s being an asshole but if he keeps playing this way I’ll stand by it.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
This Defense played bi-polar if you compare the two halves.

I think as an LSU fan, I am bi-polar. Regardless of how we come out Saturday, I don't plan on jumping to conclusions one way or another. I've already had to eat too much crow in just 4 short weeks.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I think as an LSU fan, I am bi-polar. Regardless of how we come out Saturday, I don't plan on jumping to conclusions one way or another. I've already had to eat too much crow in just 4 short weeks.
My goal for the remainder of the season is to stop bitching about what I feel does or doesn’t work, and what LSU should or shouldn’t do.

I’m just going to enjoy the rest of the season, win or lose. It’s college football season and I am going to enjoy it.

I will still call things how I see it, like poor tackling fundamentals, and just outright bad play... but other than that... the quality of my life is not improved nor diminished based on how 85, 18-22 year olds finish out a season.

This season shapes up well for me with my weekend rotations at work. I’m off for the Florida, Auburn, Alabama, and aTm games. Doesn’t get better than that. #GeauxTigers #WeComin

TigerTap

Senior
Couldn't agree more. I said yesterday the kid went from Jamal Adams to Karnell Hatcher.

That’s being an asshole but if he keeps playing this way I’ll stand by it.
I dont think it's being an asshole, really it's true. If he didn't have Delpit on his jersey, you'd think he was a completely different player. Just not sure why..

I seriously hope he picks his game up soon, because we've all seen how great he can play.