Music Thread

TigerTap

Senior
You csn use any instument in any genre of music if it's done right.

And we owe the limeys a lot for their contributions to rock and roll. Clapton, Page, the Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Who.... and the list goes on and on.
Very true about non-traditional instruments in music..

I've wondered many times what Rock n Roll in America would have been without the British invasion. Think about it, what if nobody in the US had heard of the Beatles, Stones, the Who & Led Zeppelin, Clapton..

I honestly don't know..

Was tempted to think something like Crosby, Stills Nash & Young...but Graham Nash is British..

Last edited:

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Very true about non-traditional instruments in music..

I've wondered many times what Rock n Roll in America would have been without the British invasion. Think about it, what if nobody in the US had heard of the Beatles, Stones, the Who & Led Zeppelin, Clapton..

I honestly don't know..

Was tempted to think something like Crosby, Stills Nash & Young...but Graham Nash is British..

By the same token what if those British guys had never heard of people like Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, Willie Dixon and the rest of the delta blues artists.

TigerTap

Senior
I like the kinks a lot,.. Victoria is my favorit, this is a good one

bitchin shirts dude

I agree, I think The Kinks are extremely underrated. I'm not quite sure why they kinda got left out of the influential British bands. I posted a couple of theirs on page 3. I like Victoria a lot as well. Apeman too.

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
thereare
I listened to pretty much nothing but the clash for awhile

I remember the time around '79/'80 when there were several huge albums that came out & literally crushed Disco.

1. The Clash - London Calling
2. Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door
3. Pink Floyd - The Wall
4. AC/DC - Highway to Hell
5. The Police - Regatta De Blanc

I know there are more, but these are just off the top of my head.

TigerTap

Senior
Kind of on a Richie Blackmore kick..this is by far the poppiest version of Rainbow, with Joe Lynn Turner singing.

Then Blackmore's Night..he & his wife went Celtic

Last edited: