LSU Coach Ed Orgeron named Dodd Trophy National Coach of the Week

mancha

Freshman
Tap has time on his side. O will lose his DC one day sooner than later. That and the one year kicker has been stringing the offense along. Just look at the mid season all americans. Only one more year of Burrow. LSU is who they are this year which is a really good team. That buys O time. This year is now on Coach's side. Time is ticking.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Tap has time on his side. O will lose his DC one day sooner than later. That and the one year kicker has been stringing the offense along. Just look at the mid season all americans. Only one more year of Burrow. LSU is who they are this year which is a really good team. That buys O time. This year is now on Coach's side. Time is ticking.
You depress me. :D

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
it is that glass half full. I am used to seeing it half empty! I have to say that this has been one of the most enjoyable years in a long time.
It has been. Several members at the other forum don't agree with my E assessments, and that's totally okay. I just happen to believe that there's much room for improvement on that side of the ball. What bothers me is, are we going to see the mass exodus of underclassmen again this season? Are we going to go into the '19 season with question marks on which Freshmen and Sophomores are going to need to step up into leadership roles off the bat? Just once i'd like to have a solid foundation of returning seniors cming back and push for a conference championship.

mancha

Freshman
It has been. Several members at the other forum don't agree with my E assessments, and that's totally okay. I just happen to believe that there's much room for improvement on that side of the ball. What bothers me is, are we going to see the mass exodus of underclassmen again this season? Are we going to go into the '19 season with question marks on which Freshmen and Sophomores are going to need to step up into leadership roles off the bat? Just once i'd like to have a solid foundation of returning seniors cming back and push for a conference championship.
Sorry man, I think that is just the way it is these days. Bosa at Ohio St. He won't even return from his injury. He said f"it.

I do think it is crappy when guys declare and become late round picks or free agents. School just ain't for them. That is what we are dealing with now.

Shane0911

Redshirt
What bothers me is, are we going to see the mass exodus of underclassmen again this season?
Can't really pin that on Coach O. They left in bus loads under Les.

I would think it to be an uphill battle to convince a kid to stick around if he wants to go. Maybe stats to show how many left early and failed?

Trouble with that is then the family and the rest of the know nothings will just assume the coach is being selfish and they don't care about Johnny at all. Really tough spot to be in.

End of the day it's the kids decision. Hope they paid attention in school so they aren't left with nada after they wash out early.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Can't really pin that on Coach O. They left in bus loads under Les.

I would think it to be an uphill battle to convince a kid to stick around if he wants to go. Maybe stats to show how many left early and failed?

Trouble with that is then the family and the rest of the know nothings will just assume the coach is being selfish and they don't care about Johnny at all. Really tough spot to be in.

End of the day it's the kids decision. Hope they paid attention in school so they aren't left with nada after they wash out early.
Or go undrafted.

I just wish we could change that way of thinking, start getting some leadership to come back.