If You Could Replace Ensminger...

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Yep.

I guess he isn't buying the "We Comin' " mantra. Either that, or the Sean Salisbury show has come to an end & he needs a job.

Oeaux would have hired him as an analyst last year except for an NCAA rule. A QB that LSU was recruiting was associated with Salisbury because of a QB camp he runs. Since that recruit committed elsewhere it's legal now. If he were to become an analyst he wouldn't be allowed to coach hands on.

LSU does need a QB coach but there is a limit of 10 assistants allowed on a staff. It's likely that 73 y/o Jerry Sullivan will retire. Since the WR's suck I would fire Mickey Joseph and hire a real WR coach, then give Sullivan's spot to a real QB coach. Whether that would be Salisbury or somebody else that is a possible solution unless Ensminger is no longer AC next year.

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
Oeaux would have hired him as an analyst last year except for an NCAA rule. A QB that LSU was recruiting was associated with Salisbury because of a QB camp he runs. Since that recruit committed elsewhere it's legal now. If he were to become an analyst he wouldn't be allowed to coach hands on.

LSU does need a QB coach but there is a limit of 10 assistants allowed on a staff. It's likely that 73 y/o Jerry Sullivan will retire. Since the WR's suck I would fire Mickey Joseph and hire a real WR coach, then give Sullivan's spot to a real QB coach. Whether that would be Salisbury or somebody else that is a possible solution unless Ensminger is no longer AC next year.
Someone said hire an OC and let him bring his people in. I’d probably support that, not sure how many on that side of the ball are indispensable.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
How much of this is Orgerons doing?
Probably all of it.

I am going to go out on a limb that he purposely chased Canada out of Baton Rouge for the sole purpose of hiring Ensminger.

He wants “yes men” not up and coming free thinkers. Someone who might one day threaten his reign as HC. His lack of offense will eventually chase Aranda out of here much the same way Miles’ lack of offense ran Chavis off. Altho to be honest, we made out on that deal by getting Aranda.

Just a theory of mine.

cul2969

Redshirt
How much of this is Orgerons doing?
It's all on Orgeron. He is betting that 9 or 10 wins a year including the bowl game is enough to keep him in charge in Baton Rouge. With the talent at LSU, the safest way to do that is by playing conservatively and taking care of the football. That's all you need to do and you will win 75-80 percent of the time because you simply have more talent than anyone other than the truly elite. You get lucky and win one of the tough matchups every now and then and your a made man.

I don't think you can believe anything that he says. He had one job... fix the offense but I don't believe he has any intention of doing that.

I hope he has miscalculated and LSU fans are not that stupid. The problem is... he is in the same division as Saban and will NEVER truly compete for a championship. I hope that LSU fans demand better. We should be competing for championships.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
After last night, and the season as a whole, I am even more convinced Ensminger is not the answer at OC. Which brings back this question... who would you want to see realistically be brought in to run the LSU offense.

The more I think about it, I think O needs to make a serious push at Kiffen or Freeze. We also need to fire Moffitt and hire Oregon's S&C coach. LSU seems soft on the lines, getting pushed around and bullied.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
We also need to fire Moffitt and hire Oregon's S&C coach. LSU seems soft on the lines, getting pushed around and bullied.
It's lack of talent. You can't make chicken salad out of ....... You know the rest.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
It's lack of talent. You can't make chicken salad out of ....... You know the rest.
Yeh you've mentioned that several times before.

Did you notice how far to the outsides aTm's OL pushed our defensive line last night? Looked like the P&G sea was parted all night, left Mond to run at will and pick up 1st down and more.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Yeh you've mentioned that several times before.

Did you notice how far to the outsides aTm's OL pushed our defensive line last night? Looked like the P&G sea was parted all night, left Mond to run at will and pick up 1st down and more.
I've mentioned it before because it's true. Our O line can't open up holes for the running game and obviously can't pass protect. I haven't looked at the stats but A&M appeared to have dominated us on both sides of the ball.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I've mentioned it before because it's true. Our O line can't open up holes for the running game and obviously can't pass protect. I haven't looked at the stats but A&M appeared to have dominated us on both sides of the ball.
I'm not so sure it's all about a lack of talent, LSU recruits at a very level. Orgeron has been a big part of recruiting for over 4 yrs, and Miles' classes weren't nothing to sneeze at. I believe it has more to do with bad technique, feet work, and bad coaching/development than it is a talent issue. Depth might not be in our favor either, but most of these kids were highly sought after recruits, they have the talent.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
That wasn’t Bama pushing us around.
In his world, if Bama isn't recruiting someone, they're not very good.

I'm willing to bet a majority of our players and recruits were or are being offered by Bama. Saban gets a lot of recruits of his choice obviously, but some don't buy into the bullshit, some have home state pride. Fournette, Guice, Peterson, Claiborne, etc. all come to mind.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
In his world, if Bama isn't recruiting someone, they're not very good.

I'm willing to bet a majority of our players and recruits were or are being offered by Bama. Saban gets a lot of recruits of his choice obviously, but some don't buy into the bullshit, some have home state pride. Fournette, Guice, Peterson, Claiborne, etc. all come to mind.
Brush up on your reading comprehension. I specifically mentioned O linemen. No other position.