Ensminger gets Contract extention to 2021

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
I can live with another year particularly since he didn't get a raise. Hopefully Brady is being groomed to take over soon.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
I can live with another year particularly since he didn't get a raise. Hopefully Brady is being groomed to take over soon.

I don't care if he got a raise or not. It's not my money. E seems to have fully embraced bringing in Joe Brady to modernize the offense. Maybe Brady is the OC in waiting. If E had retired after last season no way Oeaux could have hired a 28 year old offensive mind but with no experience as an OC but as its working out Brady will sit next to E in the press box and have the next play ready.

I can't wait to see how it works out.

Bengal B

Chances of a 28 year old outcoaching Saban?

Sarkisian vs Brady?

Sarkisian vs Aranda. Alabama is the only team on the schedule that will have an edge at QB. Tua is likely to be the first player picked in the 2020 draft but he does have weaknesses. If his receivers are covered he tends to hold on to the point too long. That's where a healthy K'Lavon Chaisson can make a big difference if he can put pressure on Tua.

Despite the loss of White and Greedy this year's defense should be even better than last season's.

I'm anxious to see the new offensive approach Brady has installed. Of course we have heard this over and over and when the season starts it's the same old same old. Burrow should really take a quantum leap forward and and always we will have great receivers. Even if the offense has been upgraded as promised we are not going to become Oregon or Washington State. The running game will still be featured. Clyde Edwards-Helaire is being overlooked in the preseason but look for him to be the workhorses, at least until and if Emery or Davis lives up to their potential. Beast Mode Curry should be the short yardage and goal line option.

My biggest concern is the O Line. It must impossible greatly from last season. It would great if Ed Ingram is able to rejoin his team but that's looking less and less likely as the season approaches.

Beat Texas and we are looking at an 11-1 regular season. Tigers usually slip up at least once and lose to a team we should beat so I'm calling it 10-2 for now.

TigerTap

Senior
I'm anxious to see what Brady can do as well. I'm not sure if we have an advantage at QB over Texas. Ehlinger threw for 3,200+ yards, 25 TDs & 5 ints.I also think CEH & Curry should be very solid & anxious to see Emery.

K'Lavon should be a good addition. Worried a bit about ILB though. Hard to replace a Butkus Award winner, I'd think.

The DBs should shine big time.. Anxious to see Stingley. Aranda says he's very good.

Cushenberry named to Rimington watchlist at Center. Yep, sucks Ingram not gonna play.

Here's what I don't understand. 20 recruits & 2 (3 star) low ranked OL. (5.5 & 5.6 low) Kikicaca over there saying O "Rebuilding" the OL. Ex. Saban landed 3 of the Top 10 Offensive Tackles in the nation last year. Is that even close? I know O took I thinkj 3 OL last year. I dunno..maybe O finishes by taking more OL..

O probably shoudnt have taken a cheap shot at Sopsher, imo.

Last edited:

Bengal B

I'm anxious to see what Brady can do as well. I'm not sure if we have an advantage at QB over Texas. Ehlinger threw for 3,200+ yards, 25 TDs & 5 ints.I also think CEH & Curry should be very solid & anxious to see Emery.

K'Lavon should be a good addition. Worried a bit about ILB though. Hard to replace a Butkus Award winner, I'd think.

The DBs should shine big time.. Anxious to see Stingley. Aranda says he's very good.

Cushenberry named to Rimington watchlist at Center. Yep, sucks Ingram not gonna play.

Here's what I don't understand. 20 recruits & 2 (3 star) low ranked OL. (5.5 & 5.6 low) Kikicaca over there saying O "Rebuilding" the OL. Ex. Saban landed 3 of the Top 10 Offensive Tackles in the nation last year. Is that even close? I know O took I thinkj 3 OL last year. I dunno..maybe O finishes by taking more OL..

O probably shoudnt have taken a cheap shot at Sopsher, imo.

Elinger plays in the no defense Big 12. And he had learned the system from the beginning instead of coming to a new team in August. You could see the light come on for Burrow near the end of the season and I'm expecting great things from him this year.

Besides, Baker Mayfield said Elinger is overrated. He wasn't even the best ever QB at his high school. Drew Brees and Nick Foles are alums.