Any Other Runners Here?

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I started running 2 years ago after I made dramatic changes to my dietary habits, for cardiovascular purposes. I used to be a body builder but now that I'm in my early 40's, size is not the concern, my health and longevity are my main focus now.

I run on average 3x a week, my base runs are usually 3M-5M in length and my long runs range from 6M-7M. I have run (14) 5K's, (1) 5 Miler, (5) 10K's, and (1) 15K during these past 2 years. Sunday, March 12, 2017 my fiancé I will add the San Diego Half Marathon to our list of races.

Winston1

Redshirt
Just getting back to it. Ran a lot in my 30’s, 40’s & 50’s. Had some decent 5k (20:05)and 10k runs (42:34) but wear and tear made me stop about 7-8 years ago. Starting back at 65 but god is it hard. I can barely run a 5k and I don’t want to mention time even though I kept in good shape through swimming and gym work outs.
I hope to get back to sub 9 minute 5ks this spring.

I couldn't even run a mile without stopping when I was in high school. I could run up to a quarter mile pretty fast but after that I was pooped. I see runners in my neighborhood all the time and if you look at their faces a lot of them look like they are in agony.

Still, if y'all think you can stay ahead of Father Time by all means, go for it.

Winston1

Redshirt
Not fighting Father Time....I just enjoy running and feeling good. Like a zen experience when you get into good enough shape.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Not fighting Father Time....I just enjoy running and feeling good. Like a zen experience when you get into good enough shape.

I understand. Father Time is still undefeated. But maybe if you zig when he zags a few times you can maintain a healthy separation for a while. I am not going to jog but maybe I'll join a fitness club if I can find one with an indoor lap pool.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I enjoy running, helps keep the weight down and manageable, as well as allows me to drink beer without the negative consequences.

The woman and I are running the louisiana rock n roll half marathon down in new Orleans in march. Hoping to beat my last half time.