LSU vs. UGA Predictions #GawgaHateWeek

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
LSU (5-1, 2-1 SEC) is coming off an upset loss vs. Florida in The Swamp. Now we look ahead to UGA at home in Tiger Stadium. LSU has opened up as a touchdown (+7) Underdog to UGA.

Which UGA defense shows up to Death valley? Which LSU team shows up? Does the LSU offense correct some mistakes? Does the OL create holes and provide pass protection for Burrow? Does the Defense learn how to tackle this week?

It's only Monday so I am not about to give a score, or Offensive/Defensive production type prediction? What say y'all?

TigerTap

Senior
I'm 0 for 1 on this forum so I won't jinx us by making a prediction.

giphy.webp

I'm 0 for 2 this year. I whiffed on both Auburn & Florida. I figure I have one more strike before I take a seat. ;)

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I used to make it a rule to never bet on LSU or make over exaggerated predictions.
I do the same.

Unless, like in 2011, I know we're going to beat an opponent down, I do not bet on LSU... at least moneywise. I have bet a 6 pack on LSU games with friends. I damn near picked the Ole Miss score, I predicted 44-13, we won 45-16. I haven't done as well in other predictions. I predicted LSU to beat Florida 31-20. Yeh that didn't work out.

BAY0U BENGAL

Tigerbaiting champion of the world
I do the same.

Unless, like in 2011, I know we're going to beat an opponent down, I do not bet on LSU... at least moneywise. I have bet a 6 pack on LSU games with friends. I damn near picked the Ole Miss score, I predicted 44-13, we won 45-16. I haven't done as well in other predictions. I predicted LSU to beat Florida 31-20. Yeh that didn't work out.

I’ve bet wearing a dress before. It was stressful. But I’m 1-0

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I’ve bet wearing a dress before. It was stressful. But I’m 1-0
Ok I LOL'd on that one, and spit my coffee. I'm glad you won that bet.

I've done avatar bets, betted on 6 packs of beer, had to make a declaration of an opposing team being the best ever on FB, etc., etc. But I have never bet money on LSU outside of three games, in 2011; the Bama, Arkansas, and Georgia SECC game. All three games were $100 bets with various co-workers, and the Arkansas bet was made with one of my wifes cousins. her entire family are Hog fans.

BAY0U BENGAL

Tigerbaiting champion of the world
Ok I LOL'd on that one, and spit my coffee. I'm glad you won that bet.

I've done avatar bets, betted on 6 packs of beer, had to make a declaration of an opposing team being the best ever on FB, etc., etc. But I have never bet money on LSU outside of three games, in 2011; the Bama, Arkansas, and Georgia SECC game. All three games were $100 bets with various co-workers, and the Arkansas bet was made with one of my wifes cousins. her entire family are Hog fans.

My brother in law is, and has apparently always been, a fan of Bama. He couldn’t tell you a single players name, or any coaches names. I don’t think he’s even ever watched a down of their games. But loves to talk shit. I don’t even think he knows a single thing about football. Every year “wanna put $100 on the game?”. Last year I told him I’d give him $100 if he could tell me the name of their stadium or what city that college is located. But, Somewhere there is a digital camera with a memory card, of a grown ass man wearing an Ole Miss sun dress.

kcal

transplanted tiger
I think LSU plays it's best game but will it be enough?

remember when we were confident when it came down to the d making a stop?

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
How tomorrow geauxs depends on which LSU shows up. If the LSU that played the Ole Piss game shows up we roll the dawgs by 10 points. If the LSU that went to Gainesville shows up we get rolled by 20 points.

TigerTap

Senior
Georgia is dead last in SEC QB sacks with only 6, plus the have 3 injured/gimpy DL rotational players. ( LSU has 13 sacks)

But the Dawgs could intercept him, right? Not on paper. Georgia. has just 4 INTs in 6 games. ( LSU has 8)

Looking at that, along with their schedule, I wonder if Georgia is another Auburn this year? Hiding behind Bama at #2, ready to be unmasked..or are they for real?

If they let Burrow sit back & pick 'em apart, that could be ballgame right there.

I don't know what LSU Offense will show up. Is E going to take advantage of this? I hope would hope so. Granted, we haven't shown the ability to pick anybody apart so far. We need to improve our 53% passing, get better push from our Oline, learn how to catch the damn ball, avoid the "Funk" we get into & find an Offensive identity.

Our Defense this year, needs to wrap up in tackling, get better push up front & improve on penalties.

This is what we're facing today:
  • Fromm is completing 72% of his passes with 12 TDs & 2 INTs.

• Georgia leads the SEC in rushing yardage & is averaging 6.03 yards per carry, as a team.

Last edited:

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Georgia is dead last in SEC QB sacks with only 6, plus the have 3 injured/gimpy DL rotational players. ( LSU has 13 sacks)

But the Dawgs could intercept him, right? Not on paper. Georgia. has just 4 INTs in 6 games. ( LSU has 8)

Looking at that, along with their schedule, I wonder if Georgia is another Auburn this year? Hiding behind Bama at #2, ready to be unmasked..or are they for real?

If they let Burrow sit back & pick 'em apart, that could be ballgame right there.

I don't know what LSU Offense will show up. Is E going to take advantage of this? I hope would hope so. Granted, we haven't shown the ability to pick anybody apart so far. We need to improve our 53% passing, get better push from our Oline, learn how to catch the damn ball, avoid the "Funk" we get into & find an Offensive identity.

Our Defense this year, needs to wrap up in tackling, get better push up front & improve on penalties.

This is what we're facing today:
  • Fromm is completing 72% of his passes with 12 TDs & 2 INTs.

• Georgia leads the SEC in rushing yardage & is averaging 6.03 yards per carry, as a team.

It's an absolute must to limit their running game. If they are in second and 4's and 5's consistently our defense wlll spend a lot of time on the field and it will be a very long day.

At #13 we are ranked about where we should be. Last week proved we are not a top 5 team. The big question is how good is Georgia really? So far they have been impressive vs mediocre competition. LSU will be their first real test. The key to the game will be our lines on both sides of the ball.