Joe Burrow - No TD passes in last 3 games..

How concerned are you?

• Mildly concerned

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Not concerned, we got this! "We comin' "

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very concerned

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

TigerTap

Senior
Anyone concerned? Or have the mighty E/O Offensive braintrust been saving all those beautiful TD passes for Alabama?

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Anyone concerned? Or have the mighty E/O Offensive braintrust been saving all the beautiful TD passes for Alabama?
While it is concerning, the running game has picked up the slack. This is one reason why I am not an E fan. I do not think he has what it takes to develop a lethal passing attack. Maybe I am wrong and will gladly eat crow if I am.

That being said, I do not care who or where the touchdowns come from as long as we are scoring touchdowns. The more serious issue to address is the redzone touchdown problem we seem to have. We will need touchdowns to beat Bama, not FG's.

TigerTap

Senior
Exactly! Field goals are not gonna cut it. I was happy to see CEH have some nice runs, the last 2 games along with Brossette

I agree about E, I'm not seeing a lethal passing game developing either. 6 TDs in 8 games? That's Dead Last in the SEC.

And yet, I see many message board LSU fans say "LSU has finally found a QB!". Makes me wonder what game or team they're watching. Well....53% of them.

I'm just wondering where the TDs are gonna come from. Give 1 or 2 to the Defense, maybe. But our Offense..it's just not very good..unless there are people that prefer a FG based Offense.

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
Exactly! Field goals are not gonna cut it. I was happy to see CEH have some nice runs, the last 2 games along with Brossette

I agree about E, I'm not seeing a lethal passing game developing either. 6 TDs in 8 games? That's Dead Last in the SEC.

And yet, I see many message board LSU fans say "LSU has finally found a QB!". Makes me wonder what game or team they're watching. Well....53% of them.

I'm just wondering where the TDs are gonna come from. Give 1 or 2 to the Defense, maybe. But our Offense..it's just not very good..unless there are people that prefer a FG based Offense.
I think O is playing chess and hasn’t need TDs out of a raw offense to win. Maybe it’ll be different against Bama, and I feel like the offense can get a bit more aggressive if needed.

I think Burrow is bordering on greatness as a college QB despite the lukewarm stats and lack of offensive refinement. I don’t think we’re seeing everything O and E envision because our players just aren’t there yet.

TigerTap

Senior
I think O is playing chess and hasn’t need TDs out of a raw offense to win. Maybe it’ll be different against Bama, and I feel like the offense can get a bit more aggressive if needed.

I think Burrow is bordering on greatness as a college QB despite the lukewarm stats and lack of offensive refinement. I don’t think we’re seeing everything O and E envision because our players just aren’t there yet.

I don't see the bordering on greatness part. Is it next week or next week or next year? I'm not throwing Burrow under the bus. I think a lot of his indecisiveness is directly related to E's QB coaching skills. This is year 3 of Orgeron trying to piece together an Offense. You're calling it a "Raw Offense". Is it working? Do we have 7 wins if Aranda is not here?

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst

I think the main thing holding our offense back is our WR's. For some reason this "unit" can not seem to create space, get separation, or catch. We should probably try throwing to our TE's or RB's for a change.

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
I think the main thing holding our offense back is our WR's. For some reason this "unit" can not seem to create space, get separation, or catch. We should probably try throwing to our TE's or RB's for a change.
TEs have been injured, I think opposing Ds have taken away RBs in recent games. We’ve also needed extra pass-blocking.

Not trying to go too far out my way to defend E, the offensive stats are about as bad as they were under Miles.

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
I don't see the bordering on greatness part. Is it next week or next week or next year? I'm not throwing Burrow under the bus. I think a lot of his indecisiveness is directly related to E's QB coaching skills. This is year 3 of Orgeron trying to piece together an Offense. You're calling it a "Raw Offense". Is it working? Do we have 7 wins if Aranda is not here?
I bet our offense looks better than any Bama has seen.

TigerTap

Senior

I was very disappoined with the Mickey Joseph as WR coach hire. He was brought on to "soothe" the New Orleans coaches, because of O's treatment of Jabber Jaluke. Look at our WR talent, we are seriously loaded with WR talent. Mickey can't coach a lick. We can't catch the ball & can't run good routes either. I guess he teaches them to go to "designated areas". It would be nice to see some halfback passes. What happened to Foster Moreau?

TigerTap

Senior
TEs have been injured, I think opposing Ds have taken away RBs in recent games. We’ve also needed extra pass-blocking.

Not trying to go too far out my way to defend E, the offensive stats are about as bad as they were under Miles.

Which Mikes Offense? The Flynn/Mettenberger Offense, or the Fournette/Hill/Guice Offense?

TigerTap

Senior
Apparently when motivated this LSU offense can move the ball. Bama's defense is sketch at best. aTm and others scored on Bama, but all of these teams lack defense. LSU has that.
I absolutely agree that our Defense could keep us in this game. I think Saban will take away our run first, forcing us to pass. What does Ensminger do then? Will our WR suddenly be able to catch? Will Burrow hold the ball like a Christmas present? I'm doubting Orgeron match wits with Saban.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Anyone concerned? Or have the mighty E/O Offensive braintrust been saving all those beautiful TD passes for Alabama?

Just sayin.....Miami and Auburn are not very good. This LSU offense is not very good. It’s why nobody is worried and/or respects us regarding the CFP. We have not gone to the next level on offense and never will under Ensminger.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
While it is concerning, the running game has picked up the slack. This is one reason why I am not an E fan. I do not think he has what it takes to develop a lethal passing attack. Maybe I am wrong and will gladly eat crow if I am.

That being said, I do not care who or where the touchdowns come from as long as we are scoring touchdowns. The more serious issue to address is the redzone touchdown problem we seem to have. We will need touchdowns to beat Bama, not FG's.

We’re winning with defense, FG’s and a running game. Sound familiar? Didn’t we just shit can a national championship coach because this was his ceiling?

Ensminger is NOT the guy.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I think the main thing holding our offense back is our WR's. For some reason this "unit" can not seem to create space, get separation, or catch.

Quite possibly because our offense and playcalling is very easy to predict and defend. I’ve seen very little creativeness.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
We’re winning with defense, FG’s and a running game. Sound familiar? Didn’t we just shit can a national championship coach because this was his ceiling?

Ensminger is NOT the guy.
Don't repeat this on the other forum... or someone will come after you.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Don't repeat this on the other forum... or someone will come after you.

I stopped posting anything X’s & O’s related overthere for the most part.

As a tiger fan, I love that we’re sitting at 7-1 but I’m still looking at the bigger picture. Isn’t that what this is all about?

There isn’t a soul outside the few in the LSU fan base that would want Steve Ensminger running their offense.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I stopped posting anything X’s & O’s related overthere for the most part.

As a tiger fan, I love that we’re sitting at 7-1 but I’m still looking at the bigger picture. Isn’t that what this is all about?

There isn’t a soul outside the few in the LSU fan base that would want Steve Ensminger running their offense.
You would fit in here full time. Just saying.