It's Officially Rkansas Hate Week...

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
The Bama game is over, and LSU is now 7-2. Now we look ahead to the Rkansas game this coming weekend. What are y'alls opinions of the Hogs and how do y'all see this game going down?

Rkansas is terrible, at least on the defensive side of the ball. They lost to CSU and North Texas. They did put 31 points on Bama, 14 of those in the first half against the 1's. They have a passing game, other than that not sure if they have anything else.

I do know this. If LSU's offense struggles to move the ball against the Hogs, and struggles in the redzone… this LSU offense is in even bigger chit than we could've thought. Troubles against Rkansas will mean LSU will be a much longer and deeper rebuild.

I see this game as a Tiger blowout, very Ole Miss'esque type stomping.

Who y'all got?

Last edited:

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Tigers should roll. But how much wind was taken out of our sails last night? That thumping is going to hangover this team and be a very tough pill to swallow.

This game will probably be closer than we want it to be

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
I know how you feel on that. During Miles' tenure here he was 6-5 against the Hogs. LSU is 39-22-2 vs. Arkansas overall.

Under Miles after the annual loss to Alabama the team would just mail in the rest of the season starting with the Hogs. In his 2 seasons Oeaux had the team ready to kick the piggies asses.

TigerTap

Senior
I think we win this one pretty easily. But not sure about any hangover effects. For some reason never been able to get super excited about the Arky game. Except 2011, when Petrino was there & ranked #3 I believe.

I hope someday we can get some Arkansas posters to hop on board. In case they do..4 words to remember: Richard Nixon, 1969, Texas. Instant Bacon :D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Texas_vs._Arkansas_football_game

Last edited:

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
If the offense doesn’t start looking better it’s going to be hard to support E moving forward. If O loses any more games, he’ll be ending the season on a sour note; a good bit of the good will he’s accumulated will be gone.

I think O has the team ready and E shows that he isn’t as bad as Bama made him look.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
If the offense doesn’t start looking better it’s going to be hard to support E moving forward. If O loses any more games, he’ll be ending the season on a sour note; a good bit of the good will he’s accumulated will be gone.

I think O has the team ready and E shows that he isn’t as bad as Bama made him look.
My knock on E isn't his ability to beat the shit out of the weaker defenses he faces, (2016 Mizzou where he set offensive records). It's his inability to move the ball and beat those teams that are equal or better than us in talent. As well as our dismal 100th or so ranked offense, redzone production, and overall offensive production.

E is 0-2 against Bama and Florida in 2 seasons as OC, whether interim or full-time. It's the ability to beat those teams that pushes over the edge of an "average" 8-9 win a season program with an unexcitable consolation bowl game, and a championship caliber team. We fired a perennial 10 win coach for the same ole mediocre bullshit, only difference is we're paying out a big buyout for a man to sit at home and do a few television programs when he's bored.

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
My knock on E isn't his ability to beat the shit out of the weaker defenses he faces, (2016 Mizzou where he set offensive records). It's his inability to move the ball and beat those teams that are equal or better than us in talent. As well as our dismal 100th or so ranked offense, redzone production, and overall offensive production.

E is 0-2 against Bama and Florida in 2 seasons as OC, whether interim or full-time. It's the ability to beat those teams that pushes over the edge of an "average" 8-9 win a season program with an unexcitable consolation bowl game, and a championship caliber team. We fired a perennial 10 win coach for the same ole mediocre bullshit, only difference is we're paying out a big buyout for a man to sit at home and do a few television programs when he's bored.
There is a pattern, but OL depth has probably been an issue his whole time here thanks to the cudd chewer. If we hired Freeze today I’d be ecstatic, but I haven’t 100% abandoned E. He might still have “it”.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
There is a pattern, but OL depth has probably been an issue his whole time here thanks to the cudd chewer. If we hired Freeze today I’d be ecstatic, but I haven’t 100% abandoned E. He might still have “it”.

No way on the planet he has it. He’s never had it and he never will.

It has to be said.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
No way on the planet he has it. He’s never had it and he never will.

It has to be said.
There's a reason why he's only had 1yr in an OC gig besides LSU in the last 20 yrs. No one is beating this guys door down to run their offense. Yet LSU pays him good money to punt and kick FG's.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
LSU under Ensminger as an Interim OC beat Rkansas 38-10 in Fayetteville, and then LSU turned around and beat them 33-10 last year under Canada. What does 2018 have in store for the Hogs? LSU is coming off a hard fought game with Bama and Rkansas is 0-5 SEC and 2-7 overall, is there a Tiger hangover?

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
LSU under Ensminger as an Interim OC beat Rkansas 38-10 in Fayetteville, and then LSU turned around and beat them 33-10 last year under Canada. What does 2018 have in store for the Hogs? LSU is coming off a hard fought game with Bama and Rkansas is 0-5 SEC and 2-7 overall, is there a Tiger hangover?

Yes there is a hangover. Well, that’s excuse we'll use after another inept offensive performance.

You know, it wouldn’t shock me to see Burrow come out and sling it for 400 and 4 td’s. Go figure

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Yes there is a hangover. Well, that’s excuse we'll use after another inept offensive performance.

You know, it wouldn’t shock me to see Burrow come out and sling it for 400 and 4 td’s. Go figure
LSU can win this game 40-10 or 21-17, guess we'll have to see which LSU shows up. I'm pretty sure we put up 34 points, how much the Hogs score depends on how much this Tiger defense has left in them, they put up 31 on Bama.

Last edited:

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
this game (motivation, etc.) is dependent upon coaching....

you tell me

I watched the post game show on the local CBS affiliate after the game. Several players were interviewed and all were asked how they would respond vs Rkansas. They all were positive about it.

TigerTap

Senior
LSU can win this game 40-10 or 21-17, guess we'll have to see which LSU shows up. I'm pretty sure we put up 34 points, how much the Hogs score depends on how much this Tiger defense has left in them, they put up 31 on Bama.

Here's how I see the rest of the season playing out. We have a damn good Defense. Obviously much of it didn't show last Saturday, because we don't have a real Offense. But having a great Defense gives us a huge advantage over the remaining teams, imo. We just don't. We should easily beat Arky & Rice. Maybe E will allow Joe Burrow to throw for his 7th TD in game 10.

A&M is probably an easy victory as well, unless Jimbo jumps on us big & early. I doubt A&M will beat us this year though. Next year, I'll be more worried.

I see O taking a victory lap, for winning 10 games & getting his 100K contract payout. He'll say they did it as a team, which is only 1/2 true. Without Aranda, he would very likely be about 3-6 , not 7-2. Ask yourself 1 question. Which games did our Mighty Offense actually win a game for us?

I don't see him making any major coaching changes, because he know there's anything wrong with E & the Offense... "We 10-2 baby!" That is good enough for O & Alleva. 4 games no passing TDs, no problem. 14 points against Bama in 3 seasons, no problem. Have 100K Rosy for trying, says Cocomo Joe Alleva.

Georgia was a great win. Again, our D knocked their Offense backwards & exposed their lack of rushing Defense. Being ranked #9/#10 with a loss to Florida & Blown the frick out by Bama, feels seriously hollow. It tells to me "He ain't coming". Not this year, not next year either. It's a terrible feeling. I'm not sure I've felt like this since the early 90's. It's not me being purposely negative, I don't believe. It is about Coaching ability or lack thereof. But we can discuss that while were talking about next year's Bama/Florida Losses.

I expect to lose to both Florida & Bama every year, now. Neither can outcoach Mullen on their best day. He made us look ridiculous in just his first year at another school. Beat O at MooU & Florida. Add in Jimbo over there building his system in year 1, with more of his type players coming in January.

How many here are hollerin' "We #10! We 7-2!" after getting destroyed that badly in National TV & in every phase of the game?

I know, I know, I gotta stop being a Sunshine Pumper!:D

Of course will continue pull for the team. We've got some damn great players & I feel badly that we couldn't find better coaches for them on Offense.

Last edited: