How did LSU beat #2 Georgia with No SEC OL Talent?

TigerTap

Senior
CharmingOddCats-size_restricted.gif

"Stop it Man! You killin' Orgeron's Narrative. If you right, Imma lose my show & Eddie Murphy will stop being funny. And we all know that ain't happenin' "

Burrow got his normal 50% passing for 200 yards. Rushing had 275 game rushing. But we don't have SEC caliber Offensive Lineman. Uh..well.. you know how it is...it's like dis and like dat.."

Orgeron's Key to Success @LSU: Hire Fired former USC Coaches
(BBQ Baws Collector's Edition)

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo.../usc-football-coaching-staff-2013-lane-kiffin

Why do they say "Much-maligned James Cregg who was retained to coach the Trojan Offensive Line"?

*James Cregg (LSU)
*Tommie Robinson (LSU)

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Our defense won that game. I know our offense hit some big plays but mostly because of their defense being exhausted. That and Death Valley caught their youth off balance.

I can’t understand how many Tiger fans think our offense had absolutely anything to do with us being 7-2. Were ranked 103rd and we haven’t thrown a TD pass since SEPTEMBER!!!!!

Caca is pumping ridiculous amounts of bullshit into TF it’s mind boggling at the idiots buying in. 100% FULL denial

TigerTap

Senior
Our defense won that game. I know our offense hit some big plays but mostly because of their defense being exhausted. That and Death Valley caught their youth off balance.

I can’t understand how many Tiger fans think our offense had absolutely anything to do with us being 7-2. Were ranked 103rd and we haven’t thrown a TD pass since SEPTEMBER!!!!!

Caca is pumping ridiculous amounts of bullshit into TF it’s mind boggling at the idiots buying in. 100% FULL denial

I agree completely. I think we'd be about 3-6 now without our Defense.

I just don't buy O's excuse of needing better quality OL as an excuse for getting massacred by Bama. They quite obviously need to be coached a lot better. I mean, if he knew we needed better OL, why didn't he recruit better? O personally "Handpicked" Traore according to O, & he's been a bust so far.
Where are the rest of his handpicked OL in the last 2 recruiting classes?

lsu-i-like

Redshirt
If the offense looks good tonight y’all will say Arkansas sucks, but probably closer to what Bama has faced most of the season.

Bama has our number still; if we can win out that would be impressive. If the offense can improve that would be preferable. But if we win out and O wants to ride with E, I don’t see anyone in authority demanding anything different.

I think the offense is better than the numbers show and hope that shows tonight.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I’d LOVE to see the offense play well tonight. And before they do or don’t, I’ll say it now, Arkansas sucks. Fair enough?

I mean, I’m certainly not going to overreact to our offense dominating a 2-7 Arkansas team. It’s ok that we’re not fans of Ensminger. It’s ok.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Winning out the next three games means nothing in terms of offense. Rkansas is 2-7 as of today, they suck plain and simple. For the love of God they lost to Colorado State and North Texas. I don't expect this game to be close tonight, or at least it shouldn't be. Their defense is dismal at best under Chavis, even with all of it's problems and 105th NCAA ranking, this offense should walk all over them.

Rice, well Rice just sucks worse than Rkansas. This game should be over at the half, and 2's and 3's should see serious playing time.

As for aTm? aTm 5-4 right now and getting all they can handle from Ole Piss in terms of a 14-7 game. Their defense is terrible and their offense is barely better than ours in the redzone (54%).

My point is, all three of these teams suck balls and play shit defense. Even with all of the issues of the LSU offense, we should still move the ball at will on any of them. These games will look like blowouts, but with gaps of non-production as LSU will at times find issues moving the ball. The improved game stats, and drives will not be indicative of an improved offense where E has solved the problems with great answers... it'll just be a reflection of how bad those three defenses are.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
So........Ensminger is who we thought he was. He has no business running a power 5 offense (a college offense for that matter). I didnt need to see us shit the bed against Arkansas to know that (even though I knew we would). Even if he had put up 500 yards and 50 points it would have meant dick all. He is terrible and LSU will be a terrible offensive football team as long as he is here. It’s fucking depressing.

And please don’t remind me that we’re 8-2. That makes it MORE depressing knowing he is the reason for that “2”

Lastly, we are going to get crushed by A&M. You heard it here 1st. If LSU opens up as favorites on that game, I may just take the Aggies and the points.

TigerTap

Senior
I agree, it's completely depressing. It seems like the only topic on LSU football going on these days on most boards, is "Our fanbase sucks / You're a bad fan for not supporting the head trauma that is E/O...ungrateful bastards!"

Not sure about A&M. IF Aranda shuts down their Offense, E/O might just rumble, fumble, stumble or slide their way to a FG or 2 win. It's sad, we only have a Defense.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Here are my reasons we will struggle with A&M and likely lose.

1) Law of Averages. A&M is due for a win in this series.

2) A&M and their fans seem to care more about this rivalry than we do and will be fired up. They have little man syndrome and are better at using that as motivation than almost anyone.

3) It’s in college station on a holiday weekend and the stadium will be jumping. They have played well at home this year. It’s also their final home game and senior night.

4) They have a better offense with a much better play caller and will have a good game plan.

5) ****The biggest reason. Their defensive front is going to destroy our oline and shit offense. They will cause havoc all night and little boy burrow will be running for his life all night. We will roll out the same sad pathetic offense we have all year and their front 7 is going to feast.

With all that said, I hope we win. I just don’t see it this year. The fact that at 4 loss A&M team will come in 100 x more fired up than a 2 loss LSU team will be glaring and agonizing for Tiger fans. Enjoy the win against Rice, it may be the last one of the year.

TigerTap

Senior
Here are my reasons we will struggle with A&M and likely lose.

1) Law of Averages. A&M is due for a win in this series.

2) A&M and their fans seem to care more about this rivalry than we do and will be fired up. They have little man syndrome and are better at using that as motivation than almost anyone.

3) It’s in college station on a holiday weekend and the stadium will be jumping. They have played well at home this year. It’s also their final home game and senior night.

4) They have a better offense with a much better play caller and will have a good game plan.

5) ****The biggest reason. Their defensive front is going to destroy our oline and shit offense. They will cause havoc all night and little boy burrow will be running for his life all night. We will roll out the same sad pathetic offense we have all year and their front 7 is going to feast.

With all that said, I hope we win. I just don’t see it this year. The fact that at 4 loss A&M team will come in 100 x more fired up than a 2 loss LSU team will be glaring and agonizing for Tiger fans. Enjoy the win against Rice, it may be the last one of the year.

I agree, 5 legit concerns. The only thing I didn't take notice of when watching Texas A&M play, was their Defensive Line. I wish I had watched them more closely. But I'll take your word. I just remember thinking at the time, their DB's weren't that good & Mond made a couple bad throws. But if their DLine owns us, look out.

LSU hasn't lost to ATM since 1995. If Rosy O loses this game, he's going to loses a lot of his support, imo. It would suck for us very badly. We are 6-0 against them since they joined the SEC & beat them in the 2011 Cotton Bowl 41-24.

I just keep thinking it's going to depend on how our Defense performs. I've given up on E doing anything. If their DL beats us upfront, it's gonna be a long day..

I'm pissed at the fact that we have all our hopes pinned almost exclusively on our Defense, because we have a bad Offense. Even for the upcoming Bowl game, people already talking about who Aranda can beat.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I agree, 5 legit concerns. The only thing I didn't take notice of when watching Texas A&M play, was their Defensive Line. I wish I had watched them more closely. But I'll take your word. I just remember thinking at the time, their DB's weren't that good & Mond made a couple bad throws. But if their DLine owns us, look out.

LSU hasn't lost to ATM since 1995. If Rosy O loses this game, he's going to loses a lot of his support, imo. It would suck for us very badly. We are 6-0 against them since they joined the SEC & beat them in the 2011 Cotton Bowl 41-24.

I just keep thinking it's going to depend on how our Defense performs. I've given up on E doing anything. If their DL beats us upfront, it's gonna be a long day..

I'm pissed at the fact that we have all our hopes pinned almost exclusively on our Defense, because we have a bad Offense. Even for the upcoming Bowl game, people already talking about who Aranda can beat.

I could certainly be wrong. But it’s not like it takes a great d line to give us fits. I’m not expecting what Bama did to us rather something closer to what we saw against Florida.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Good comparison. I could see A&M giving us a Florida type look on Defense.
I’m not sure the aTm defense is very good, LSU should be able to move the ball on them. The only real issue is which LSU offense shows up. Seems to be the story line of every game.