Coach Orgeron Coach of the year?

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
On Monday, former coach (and current CBS analyst) Rick Neuheisel joined ESPNU Radio on SiriusXM and said coach Ed Orgeron is the coach of the year so far.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/l...says-coach-o-is-the-coach-of-the-year-so-far/

I will be honest, I was not a big fan of the hire. And while I think we need a little bit more time before we see what direction Orgeron has the LSU football program headed in... I think he has exceeded my expectations thus far, handling the youth, injuries, and negotiating a fairly difficult schedule to a 6-1 record. I am rooting for Orgeron to succeed because it means LSU is succeeding.

What say y'all?

BAY0U BENGAL

Tigerbaiting champion of the world
It’s hard to say right now. I wasn’t a fan of the hire at first, but it’s hard to argue that he’s doing a pretty decent job so far. I’m really anxious to see how this team finishes the season

3 and out

Freshman
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/l...says-coach-o-is-the-coach-of-the-year-so-far/

I will be honest, I was not a big fan of the hire. And while I think we need a little bit more time before we see what direction Orgeron has the LSU football program headed in... I think he has exceeded my expectations thus far, handling the youth, injuries, and negotiating a fairly difficult schedule to a 6-1 record. I am rooting for Orgeron to succeed because it means LSU is succeeding.

What say y'all?

Like you guys, I wasn’t a fan of the hire and damn sure didn’t like his OC pick. But I’m impressed so far. His goods have definitely out weighed his bads. Im even over the dreadful loss to Troy.

How he closes the season and the class he brings in will tell the whole story and I can finalize my overall judgment then.

Also, I hate to be a cliche, but let’s see how we do against the old nemesis too.

While I might sound harsh, I’m keeping in mind we fired CLM to bring in a coach who can win us a championship. And that’s what I’m judging him on.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Like you guys, I wasn’t a fan of the hire and damn sure didn’t like his OC pick. But I’m impressed so far. How he closes the season and the class he brings in will tell the whole story and I can finalizes my overall judgment then.

I hate to be a cliche, but let’s see how we do against the old nemesis too.
I think for Orgeron to take that next step, he's going to have to bring in a much better OC. While I can respect E for what he's done, and even give him credit for some of his in-game calls, his redzone offense just isn't cutting it.

BAY0U BENGAL

Tigerbaiting champion of the world
While I might sound harsh, I’m keeping in mind we fired CLM to bring in a coach who can win us a championship. And that’s what I’m judging him on.

That’s the God’s honest truth. And people gloss over that little piece of reality. And THATS why the hire was shit all over. We could’ve had another 10 years of mediocrity, or we get the big fish. But, here we are. I hated the loss to Florida, but I can let it slide if we land in a good way