Slow Cooked Venison Chili...

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Venison Chili:
One pound of ground venison burger.
One pound of ground venison bacon burger.
One pound of ground venison pan sausage.
Two pounds of diced venison summer sausage w/ jalapeño and cheese.

4 regular cans of stewed tomatoes.
4 regular cans of dark red kidney beans.
2 cans or regular rotel.
3 packets of spicy chili seasoning.

Slow cooked for 8 hours...
B31A00C2-592D-43B4-AF15-5ABB875F8A3C.jpeg

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Venison Chili:
One pound of ground venison burger.
One pound of ground venison bacon burger.
One pound of ground venison pan sausage.
Two pounds of diced venison summer sausage w/ jalapeño and cheese.

4 regular cans of stewed tomatoes.
4 regular cans of dark red kidney beans.
2 cans or regular rotel.
3 packets of spicy chili seasoning.

Slow cooked for 8 hours...
View attachment 121

Bring me a bowl when it's done.:D

Bengal B

It was so damn good. Still have a good bit left.

The nights are getting a bit chilly here so I might have to make some chili. I don't have any venison but your
recipe looks good. Maybe I can adapt it to beef and pork.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
The nights are getting a bit chilly here so I might have to make some chili. I don't have any venison but your
recipe looks good. Maybe I can adapt it to beef and pork.
Oh yeh, you can use pretty much whatever kind of meat you want. Befriend a deer hunter, or if you know any, offer up some cash for their troubles in harvesting some venison. Most will oblige.

Bengal B

Oh yeh, you can use pretty much whatever kind of meat you want. Befriend a deer hunter, or if you know any, offer up some cash for their troubles in harvesting some venison. Most will oblige.

Your recipe doesn't show any seasonings except chili seasoning. I would add Tony Chacheries, black and cayenne pepper and garlic.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Your recipe doesn't show any seasonings except chili seasoning. I would add Tony Chacheries, black and cayenne pepper and garlic.
Normally I would throw in some cayenne, or some of that "one drop" type hot sauce, maybe some diced or halved jalapeno's, tabasco peppers. Unfortunately the woman is not real fond of spicy food. The jalapeno smoked sausage is enough, slow cooked the jalapeno cooks out and seeps into the chili, raises the heat a tad. It's almost more than she can handle.

Last edited:

Bengal B

I didn't feel like cooking but I wanted some chili. Got some from Wendy's with lots of cheese and spiced it with Crystal hot sauce. Washed it down with a homemade root beer float.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
The wife makes a pretty mean batch of New Mexico style green chili. Have had to switch to milder Hatch chiles over the years.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
The wife makes a pretty mean batch of New Mexico style green chili. Have had to switch to milder Hatch chiles over the years.
I have bad acid reflux. Had a scope done a cpl weeks ago and go back next month for something else. I’m pretty sure dialing down the “spicy” foods are going to be “prescribed” to me.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
I have bad acid reflux. Had a scope done a cpl weeks ago and go back next month for something else. I’m pretty sure dialing down the “spicy” foods are going to be “prescribed” to me.
You will probably find that you are going to have to switch to milder peppers as you get older. I did. I like a lot of black pepper on my food. Thank goodness I can still handle it.