Should Louisiana legalize recreational marijuana

Should Louisiana legalize recreational cannabis

• Total voters

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
With California, Washington, Oregon, and several other states legalizing recreational cannabis. Should Louisiana follow suit and reap the tax dollar benefit? Please state your argument.

LSUTiga

Public Relations
Heck yeah. Why not? I'm not a pothead but have no problems with those who want to light up. Hell, if it was legal I may twist me one up now and then.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Heck yeah. Why not? I'm not a pothead but have no problems with those who want to light up. Hell, if it was legal I may twist me one up now and then.

I agree. I can't smoke even if I wanted to due to the job, but I have absolutely no problem with someone at home burning one after a long day. The tax dollars Louisiana could see as a result of legalization could be utilized for so many needed things. Infrastructure for one, and education another.

GiantDuckFan

.....Big ol Duck Fan
I agree. I can't smoke even if I wanted to due to the job, but I have absolutely no problem with someone at home burning one after a long day. The tax dollars Louisiana could see as a result of legalization could be utilized for so many needed things. Infrastructure for one, and education another.

And it's safer than alcohol, weed doesn't destroy your liver, and is non addictive. Alcohol causes other problems,.. mean drunks for example, you never hear,.. the guy smoked a joint, then beat the hell out of his girlfriend,.. or,.. he took a bong hit, then got in his car, and was screaming like a banshee, as he drag raced through stop signs. Those are the kind of stories associated with alcohol.

Recreational marijuana use in Oregon was approved by the voters, before the election the Chief of the Oregon State police ordered a study to be done. He was concerned that if approved, recreational marijuana would cause more traffic accidents. The study concluded, I paraphrase, "unlike alcohol, when a person consumes marijuana they actually avoid engaging in dangerous actions such as speeding or passing other cars". Dangerous driving was not an issue in the election

On a billboard next to the I-5 freeway in Portland
12486163-large.jpg

Last edited:

Pjoe

Commit
Well I am in TN so I wish they would here but too many Baptist and Church of Christ running this state. Great place to live but when you grow up in Louisiana where you can get a drink anywhere, and then just about get arrested for asking for liquor in a restaurant, it is quit a culture shock. I have to buy my booze during the week at a "special" liquor store for the weekend because you cant get it on Holy day!!

What is funny is the liquor store guy goes out to the parking lot to bring the Baptist preacher his whiskey in a brown bag because he cant be seen going into the store.

*Disclaimer* I am not bashing any Baptist or Church of Christ Christians, just making an observation. I do not intend to imply that ALL of these church members are against drinking, just that the lawmakers here seem reluctant to openly promote drinking like the Catholics!

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
One of my charge nurses at work has stock in numerous Colorado cannabis companies. Think his initial investment was around $10K-$15K... now worth $150K.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I'm crossing my fingers brutha!
I'm hoping they don't hit a ceiling anytime soon. I am planning on investing in a few in Colorado, and San Diego once I am done with nursing school and can afford to invest.

mancha

Freshman
I'm hoping they don't hit a ceiling anytime soon. I am planning on investing in a few in Colorado, and San Diego once I am done with nursing school and can afford to invest.
It is definitely a growth (pun) industry now. Problem is choosing the right companies to invest in that have a vision and good business plan. There are a lot of rules and regulations put on these companies. They have to know what the hell they are doing and not just some stoners trying to sell weed.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
It is definitely a growth (pun) industry now. Problem is choosing the right companies to invest in that have a vision and good business plan. There are a lot of rules and regulations put on these companies. They have to know what the hell they are doing and not just some stoners trying to sell weed.
My dad is friends with a guy who has opened a dispensary with it's own grow op in San Diego. I may look into investing in his operation at some point.