Pickin' & Shreddin' guitar thread

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Roll over @TigerTap We have both made a huge oversight. How could we have failed to mention the man who started it all? The Godfather of Rock 'n Roll. The immortal Chuck Berry.

Honorable mention to Marty McFly.

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
Gary Rossington
Kirk Hammett
Slash
Eddie Van Halen
Brian May
Mick Mars

Excellent list! I was thinking Rossington too, but can never decide between him & Allen Collins, who wrote Freebird. Both were amazing guitarists. All the others are phenomenal as well.

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
tumblr_mvs7a2ejbW1s3c726o1_1280.jpg

Collins & Rossington - Lynyrd Skynyrd

TigerTap

Senior
Epiphone ES-339 Pro in Vintage Sunburst
Alnico Classic Pro humbucker pickups [/QOUTE]

f4f9d879-3480-4f99-8814-3040d1c6738f-jpeg.149

@Nutriaitch, ever since you posted this one way back, I've really been wanting a semi-hollow. That ES-339 Sunburst is really, really nice. I bet that thing sings, with those Alnico Classic Pros.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Holy chit. That’s a gorgeous guitar.

I wish I could play like my dad but unfortunately I was too busy playing sports, working out, and chasing ass to give a damn back then.

It's never too late. After trying to play when I was 20 and then not playing for over 30 years I started fooling around with an old Arbor Destroyer I had bought from a guy 20 years ago for $50. I learned a few things online that I didn't already know and then bought a cheap acoustic. Trying to learn from YouTube videos can be frustrating and unproductive. There are so many videos by so many people it's hard to know where to start. I started taking lessons a little more than 2 years ago and have gone from practically zero to being fairly decent; can play a lot of blues lead stuff as well as songs, Now I have a Stratocaster w/ 100 watt Marshall amp as well a a very good Takamine acoustic guitar, If you look around on Craigslist you can find some amazing deals.

Just make sure you find a teacher you can work with. Had a lesson tonight. I could already play Stormy Monday but tonight I learned some cool Allman Brothers style licks and I sound a lot better,