Officiating in Major College Football Game being Investigated

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
https://thespun.com/news/alabama-officials-sec-officiating
Mississippi State Director of Athletics John Cohen told The Dispatch he has been in contact with the Southeastern Conference offices regarding the officiating from MSU’s 24-0 loss to Alabama Saturday.

“I’ve personally communicated with the coordinator of football officials, Steve Shaw, and SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey,” Cohen said. “Both of them assured me that Saturday’s game with Alabama is being fully reviewed, and they also stated that the official issues will be identified swiftly and dealt with directly.”

Several moments in the first half — in which Alabama built a 21-0 lead — drew public scrutiny. One of Alabama’s first offensive plays was a fumble by running back Damien Harris on which he was deemed down before he lost control of the ball; the play was not reviewed. Alabama scored on the drive.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Investigated is too strong a word. At most they will look at the film, possibly suggest the officials missed a call or two and they might receive a slap on the wrist. Nick isn't losing any sleep.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I agree. Nothing is going to come of it. Just saw this on my FB time line, thought i’d throw it up on here.