[Mississippi State] Game Discussion and Expectations

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Next Saturday, October 19th, @ 2:30pm, on CBS... #2 LSU (6-0, 2-0) goes into Davis Wade Stadium to face Mississippi State (3-3, 1-2). #2 LSU will be coming off their 2nd Top 10 win of the season over Florida, while Mississippi State is coming off a loss to Tennessee.

The opening line at ESPN is LSU (-18.5), that line is sure go higher as the week goes on. I look for LSU to purposefully abuse the Bulldogs, putting 50+ on them, while holding Ms. State to 13 or less. What are y'all expecting to see, and how do y'all see this game going?

Last edited:

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
Playing Mississippi State this week & worrying about looking ahead to Auburn. We will basically be preparing our defense for Auburn while game planning for Mississippi State.

These 2 teams are similar in terms of their offensive philosophy. Both are primarily rushing teams who like to use the QB.

Mississippi State is 117 in pass attempts per game at 24 and Auburn is 107 at 26 attempts per game.

The one thing I think we do well on defense is shut down the run giving up just 3 yard per carry.

I’m still worried about the holes in our defense but feel like State plays right into the teeth of what we do well. That said, if I were State, I’d be watching film on what our opponents have been successful at and try to incorporate that into the game plan.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Our veteran leadership needs to step up and ensure NO ONE is looking ahead to Auburn. This has the markings of a trap game unless we are focused solely on Miss St.

TigerTap

Senior
Not worried about 3-3 MooU. I was a little, before they lost their last 2 in a row. First tattoed by Auburn 56-23, then lost to a 2-4 Tennessee team.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Our veteran leadership needs to step up and ensure NO ONE is looking ahead to Auburn. This has the markings of a trap game unless we are focused solely on Miss St.
I was worried about the “trap game” scenario a weeks back, after seeing them play this year, and their loss to UT... not so much now.

I think the cowbells are nothing more than another mismatched sparring partner at this point for LSU. This one will be ugly by the half. We should see Brennan in at some point, and hopefully a lot of Emory Jr and Price too.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I'm looking forward to the day the light comes on in Brennan's head and we see no drop off between the 1 & 2 offense's.