Made Muffulettas & an Italian Sub for the LSU/Florida Game

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I had a few friends over for the LSU/Florida game last night, so I figured i’d be a good host and feed everyone.
Decided to make muffulettas & an Italian sub sandwich. Everyone gave rave reviews, a few said it was the best muffuletta they had ever eaten. Here’s how the finished product came out.

Attachments

• 21A9E1D0-7F22-426B-B9E8-643B49E4F38F.jpeg
    21A9E1D0-7F22-426B-B9E8-643B49E4F38F.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 8F68E4FA-5BBA-47EC-88A3-1110EACA01AF.jpeg
    8F68E4FA-5BBA-47EC-88A3-1110EACA01AF.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 6E5A6CBD-EA83-4BE8-9DCF-30671171F1D1.jpeg
    6E5A6CBD-EA83-4BE8-9DCF-30671171F1D1.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 4
  • C81FF1EF-8D13-4ACF-B179-A2E55C96B1C5.jpeg
    C81FF1EF-8D13-4ACF-B179-A2E55C96B1C5.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 4

TigerTap

Senior
Those look delicious @GREG!

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a Hoagie from the Philadelphia area? Not sure exactly what they use in them. They make them so fastm right in front of you, but it's hard to tell even then. I'd guess 2 or 3 types of ham, thinly sliced, 2 cheeses, marinated onions & either sweet or hot peppers, oil & vinegar on fresh Italian bread. Very, very tasty! Best cold sub I think I've ever eaten.

It's weird there, as it doesn't seem to matter too much which hole in the wall type sub shop you try. They've got their Philly Cheesesteaks & Hoagies down perfectly & they will melt in your mouth.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
My ex-wife is from Lebanon County, PA. They had a little concrete building whole-the-wall italian place in their small town. Best damn pizza and italian subs I ever had. I’d drive there now to get one if I had the time and gas money.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Those look delicious @GREG!

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a Hoagie from the Philadelphia area? Not sure exactly what they use in them. They make them so fastm right in front of you, but it's hard to tell even then. I'd guess 2 or 3 types of ham, thinly sliced, 2 cheeses, marinated onions & either sweet or hot peppers, oil & vinegar on fresh Italian bread. Very, very tasty! Best cold sub I think I've ever eaten.

It's weird there, as it doesn't seem to matter too much which hole in the wall type sub shop you try. They've got their Philly Cheesesteaks & Hoagies down perfectly & they will melt in your mouth.

A few years ago I was staying in Baltimore and me and another guy had to drive to Philadelphia for the day to sell some equipment. I wanted to get a cheesesteak, preferably from Geno's since I had heard of it. My coworker wanted to eat at Popeyes. He was driving.

I used to get a cheesesteak at Sammy's sometimes. It was good but I'm sure not very authentic. It had ham and provolone as well as grilled onions and bell peppers.

I suppose Philly is like New Orleans where you can get a great muffalotta at every hole in the wall cafe.