LSU Baseball/Basketball

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
I didn't get to watch until the 6th inning but our middle relief is pretty shaky.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Hell of a W by the basketball team. Beat the Vols in OT. Beat 'em without Watters and a sub par offensive effort by Reid. Thank goodness Smart had his A game.

Bengal B

Hell of a W by the basketball team. Beat the Vols in OT. Beat 'em without Watters and a sub par offensive effort by Reid. Thank goodness Smart had his A game.

We gained a lot of national respect today in front the whole country, Dickie V and all. Beating 2 top 5 teams in a week and a half will go a long way in determining where we are seeded in the Big Dance.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
So what does this mean?

Is Wade/LSU basketball program being looked at, or is this a “material witness” type of thingy?
It will be interesting to see if more coaches are issued subpoenaes. I'm still not clear on why the Feds are investigating basketball recruiting. Obviously more to follow.

Carylab

Commit
It will be interesting to see if more coaches are issued subpoenaes. I'm still not clear on why the Feds are investigating basketball recruiting. Obviously more to follow.
It’s all tied to the Adidas scandal last year. Gonna be interesting how it shakes out. Hoping WW is just a material witness not so much target of the investigation. We’ll see.

TigerTap

Senior
With LSU having a great Basketball season, the first in a very long time, this is disappointing news. Let's hope it's not a huge deal.

Last edited:

Bengal B

Tigers move up to 10th in hoops. Javonte Smart named SEC Freshman of the week.

Fall to 13th in baseball after getting swept by Texas.

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I was very disappointed in the baseball team this weekend. Texas came into this series ranked 16th I think, and while I can see dropping a game... being swept is absolutely not acceptable for the so-called #1 team in the Country.

Pitching was horrid at times as well as the bats. Not sure what the fix is but something needs tweeking.

On a side note. I have been thrilled about the turn around of the basketball program. Win or lose... they are a fun group to watch play. And i’m not even a basketball fan in general.

Last edited:

Bengal B

I was very disappointed in the baseball team this weekend. Texas came into this series ranked 16th I think, and while I can see dropping a game... being swept is absolutely not acceptable.

Pitching was horrid at times as well as the bats. Not sure what the fix is but something needs tweeking.

On a side note. I have been thrilled about the turn around of the basketball program. Win or lose... they are a fun group to watch play. And i’m not even a basketball fan in general.

Alan Dunn calls every pitch. Nothing was very good this weekend but the pitching was the worst. Dunn needs to be replaced.