LSU Bama's Biggest Challenge?

BAY0U BENGAL

Tigerbaiting champion of the world
He’s not wrong. Even in 08 when we had to business being in that game, we took it to overtime. I’m just nowhere near believing we can win that game

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
He’s not wrong. Even in 08 when we had to business being in that game, we took it to overtime. I’m just nowhere near believing we can win that game
I think LSU can win this game. It sets up perfectly for a storybook season.

We're due...
It's in Tiger Stadium, probably at night.
#1 vs. #5
Rematch from 2012, same rankings.
We have a QB
We have a nasty defense
Tua could possibly be out for that game, and if he does play, how mobile is he and can he cut R to L, etc.

BAY0U BENGAL

I think LSU can win this game. It sets up perfectly for a storybook season.

We're due...
It's in Tiger Stadium, probably at night.
#1 vs. #5
Rematch from 2012, same rankings.
We have a QB
We have a nasty defense
Tua could possibly be out for that game, and if he does play, how mobile is he and can he cut R to L, etc.

I don’t like how our lines stack up to theirs. I will say, I don’t think Aranda will play conservatively at all though.

BAY0U BENGAL

I didn't like the way our lines supposedly stacked up against UGA's, but we blew them out. Gotta have faith brother.

I’m trying. Its just hard to get hype for that game. I’ll get drunk early enough in the day to be a believer by gametime tho

Shane0911

Redshirt
In my feeble mind I see it like this.

We crapped the bed at the gaytors. Came out with something to prove against uga and did it.

We owe moo u a lil nit so anyone that was on the team last year has to be out for blood and I hope they are.

Gives us a bye and the gumps. They dont need help getting up for that one but they should be on full confidence at this point.

The damn Maggie's though, that is the one.

mancha

Freshman
I cannot convince myself that LSU will beat Bama. The optimists can't convince me either. You can't even find an angle where it could possibly happen. So if it does, I will be the most shocked and happy guy on the planet.

For real, it has been too long and I don't see that the script has flipped yet.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I cannot convince myself that LSU will beat Bama. The optimists can't convince me either. You can't even find an angle where it could possibly happen. So if it does, I will be the most shocked and happy guy on the planet.

Part of me agrees with you to a T, another part me says you're going to be pleasantly surprised.

I look at Bama's offense and with Tua behind center, I see a unit that can methodically pick you apart and score at will. On the flip side of that coin, as I have seen in several games this year, the Arkansas game being the most notable, this Bama defense is not the same defense of Bama's past... the ball can be moved on them, they can be scored on.

Imo Alabama is vulnerable and beatable, you just have to play sound, mistake free, move the chains football, and eat clock... all while scoring touchdowns in the redzone. FG's will not beat the gumps. On the flipside of the ball, you must possess a heartbeat on defense to stop this power passing game. Look at the teams Bama has played so far, some have decent to good offenses, but none play defense. LSU will be the first team this year with a heartbeat of the defensive side of the ball. How does the Bama offense respond when this LSU defense punches them in the mouth? We'll find out in 3 weeks.

mancha

Freshman
Part of me agrees with you to a T, another part me says you're going to be pleasantly surprised.

I look at Bama's offense and with Tua behind center, I see a unit that can methodically pick you apart and score at will. On the flip side of that coin, as I have seen in several games this year, the Arkansas game being the most notable, this Bama defense is not the same defense of Bama's past... the ball can be moved on them, they can be scored on.

Imo Alabama is vulnerable and beatable, you just have to play sound, mistake free, move the chains football, and eat clock... all while scoring touchdowns in the redzone. FG's will not beat the gumps. On the flipside of the ball, you must possess a heartbeat on defense to stop this power passing game. Look at the teams Bama has played so far, some have decent to good offenses, but none play defense. LSU will be the first team this year with a heartbeat of the defensive side of the ball. How does the Bama offense respond when this LSU defense punches them in the mouth? We'll find out in 3 weeks.
damn, you almost had me. but I just couldn't...LOL.

Shane0911

Redshirt

I am in no way hornswaggled into thinking that LSU will win the game. I do however believe that they have a shot. Probably as good of a shot as they have had in years. Have to wait and see how they play.

LaSalleAve

Simple man with a complex plan
I don’t like the matchup for us. I like our offense to be able to move the ball more than any other season prior in the last 6 or 7 years, but Tua is a freak and we haven’t been doing well against that type of offense. They get us on our heels and it’s gonna be a long day. We have to get 3 and outs and we have to keep our defenders as fresh as possible.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I am in no way hornswaggled into thinking that LSU will win the game. I do however believe that they have a shot. Probably as good of a shot as they have had in years. Have to wait and see how they play.
We have been just a coordinator away from several wins against Bama over the last few years. Chavis' prevent defense gave away one game and allowed Bama to march down the field to beat us. Then Ensmingers offense shit the bed in 2016 and LSU lost 10-0 to the gumps.

There have been chances, LSU just seems to always be a coordinator away...

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I don’t like the matchup for us. I like our offense to be able to move the ball more than any other season prior in the last 6 or 7 years, but Tua is a freak and we haven’t been doing well against that type of offense. They get us on our heels and it’s gonna be a long day. We have to get 3 and outs and we have to keep our defenders as fresh as possible.
Tua Tagovailoa reaggravated that sprained knee against Arkansas Saturday, and may or may not play against UT this coming weekend. He'll have 2 weeks to get that knee rested, but what happens if this defense gets to him, and he reinjures it? Can he drop back and plant? Can he cut L to R, and can he stop on a dime? He may not be all that dynamic in Tiger Stadium. Lingering knee issues can be a bitch.

LaSalleAve

Simple man with a complex plan
Tua Tagovailoa reaggravated that sprained knee against Arkansas Saturday, and may or may not play against UT this coming weekend. He'll have 2 weeks to get that knee rested, but what happens if this defense gets to him, and he reinjures it? Can he drop back and plant? Can he cut L to R, and can he stop on a dime? He may not be all that dynamic in Tiger Stadium. Lingering knee issues can be a bitch.

Their backup has beaten us twice but it would definitely be a hit for them.

BAY0U BENGAL

I guess in the spirit of the thread title, yes, LSU is probably their biggest test. But I can’t help but feel like it’ll be just that. A test.