[Game Day Thread] Northwestern State vs #4 LSU, 6:30pm SECN

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
You won't see "this" defense against Utah St.
I agree. LSU will have everyone back next week. This Defense will tighten ship when they have to. This is just another example of LSU playing down to competition after a brutally physical game the week before, and a lot of guys out this week.

I'm willing to bet if this was the Florida or Auburn game, we'd see those starters in the game playing... they just took advantage of the opponent this week and gave them a week off.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
I agree. LSU will have everyone back next week. This Defense will tighten ship when they have to. This is just another example of LSU playing down to competition after a brutally physical game the week before, and a lot of guys out this week.

I'm willing to bet if this was the Florida or Auburn game, we'd see those starters in the game playing... they just took advantage of the opponent this week and gave them a week off.
Solid analysis with which I agree. A couple of folks in chat don't. They think the sky is falling. They don't realize you don't have your A game every week. Lots of things factor into it.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Solid analysis with which I agree. A couple of folks in chat don't. They think the sky is falling. They don't realize you don't have your A game every week. Lots of things factor into it.
I have complained as well, but we've been spoiled for over a decade with stellar Defense. We're just missing a lot of the pieces of the puzzle tonight, in a game that honestly there's no way to lose.

LSUTiga

Public Relations
Well they couldn’t stop our 2nd stringers - plus a special teams TD ( or was it two?)but it’s hard to argue we didn’t run it up when we score 65.

KevinWS

Commit
Ok so after remembering who they and who they were playing the game looked like it should.
9 different receivers made catches for 488 yards.
Joe had 373 yards 2 tds 1 int 21 for 24
Myles 115 8/9

6 rushers for 122 and 6 touchdowns.

I really need to finish up and go home. Much improved second half.

going to have a busy 2 weeks with family so I will be back for the USU game.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Well they couldn’t stop our 2nd stringers - plus a special teams TD ( or was it two?)but it’s hard to argue we didn’t run it up when we score 65.
Orgeron ran the score up, but... it is their job to stop the Offense. Glad t see you coming by brother... I hope i'll see you around more.