[Game Day Thread] #6 LSU vs. #9 UT Longhorns, 6:30pm ABC

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I do not believe that UT is back. I do not believe that UT can win the BIGXII. I do not believe that the UT defense can stop LSU's spread/tempo offense. I also believe that UT's "claim" of DBU is delusional at best, and that THE real DBU will feast on a pass happy QB tonight.

I believe this game will be close through the 1st half, but LSU pulls away and wins this game comfortably... i'm calling a LSU win 41/45 to 17/20.

What is y'alls predictions for the LSU/UT game tonight in Austin, TX?

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
LSU up 20-7 at the half. LSU up 23-21 1:40 left in the 3rd.

Texas wraps up, LSU doesn't.

LSU is gassed, Texas is not.

Momentum is of Texas' side, not on LSU's.

LSU can not take Qtr’s off, both sides of the ball need to be shored up.

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
LSU survived Austin and UT... I'm not sure if Moffit is the problem, or what... but LSU needs to toughen up. LSU players laying all over the field is embarrassing.

A win is a win tho, and LSU got it done in Austin.

Last edited:

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
LSU survived Austin and UT... I'm not sure if Moffit is the problem, or what... but LSU needs to toughen up. LSU players laying all over the field is embarrassing.

A win is a win tho, and LSU got it done in Austin.

The problem was proper hydration. Defense was gassed in the 2nd half and Texas wasn't. I don't know if it's Moffitt's job to keep the players hydrated or not. I have heard that before an event such as that game people need to start hydrateding 3 days prior to acclimate their bodies to the changing conditions.
Each player needs to be evaluated to develop his specific hydration needs for fluids and electrolytes and made to drink it as directed.

LSU should hire a full time expert in the field to make those determinations and see that they are carried out.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
After rewatching the game. Our defense was solid up until that 19 play drive in the 3rd. After that we were gassed and found ourselves in shootout.

Keep in mind, this up tempo offense is an adjustment for our offense and defense. Our defense needs to understand they’re going to get less rest in between drives.

Also if we’re attacking like we are on offense, expect opposing teams to attack as well, similar to what Texas did in the 2nd half. After those last few quick scores against Texas, they freaked out at the half and brought a 2nd half game plan to attack us.

2 minute offenses are not easy to stop, you need a nasty pass rush with only bringing 4 to really impact a 2 minute attacking style offense. Otherwise, be prepared to win shootouts.

Not saying I like it, I love smash mouth suffocating defense, but football is turning into basketball on grass.

We also need to create more turnovers. Pressure and picks!