Election 2018

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
What do y'all think will happen?

Do the Republicans hold onto the House and the Senate? Do the Dems take the House and the Senate? What do y'all see happening?

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
What do y'all think will happen?

Do the Republicans hold onto the House and the Senate? Do the Dems take the House and the Senate? What do y'all see happening?

I don't follow what's going on the all those states so I have no idea. Are the voters sheep who will be led to vote against Republicans became of all the fake news or are pissed at the media? Need to hold on at least ling enough for Trump to appoint at least one more Supreme Court justice.

kcal

transplanted tiger
i'm a political junkie and don't have a clue

conventional thinking says the dems take the house while the gop will pick up a couple of seats. for an early indication look at rep brat in Virginia to see if "surburban gop voter revolt" is a thing or not

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way

conventional thinking says the dems take the house while the gop will pick up a couple of seats. for an early indication look at rep brat in Virginia to see if "surburban gop voter revolt" is a thing or not

What part of Virginia? The Virginia Beach-Norfolk area has a huge military presence and is pretty conservative. Richmond is very conservative. In Northern Virginia a large percentage of the population work for the federal government and tend to be pretty liberal.

kcal

transplanted tiger
What part of Virginia? The Virginia Beach-Norfolk area has a huge military presence and is pretty conservative. Richmond is very conservative. In Northern Virginia a large percentage of the population work for the federal government and tend to be pretty liberal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...-virginia-early-signs-suburban-revolt-n930996

RICHMOND, Va. — If there is going to be a wave sweeping House Democrats into power in Tuesday's midterm elections, political experts say the results in Virginia’s 7th Congressional District could be one of the earliest indicators.

Solidly Republican since the days of Richard Nixon, the district — north and west of the state capital — is now a toss-up, according to recent polls.

The race pits incumbent Republican Rep. Dave Brat against Democrat Abigail Spanberger, a former CIA undercover operative and first-time candidate. Brat, who ousted House Majority Leader Eric Cantor in a 2014 primary upset by using anti-immigration attacks, was an early adopter of the brand of identity politics that now define the GOP in the Trump era.

LSUTiga

Public Relations

Good call.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst

Nice insight.

Looks like the Dems took the House while the GOP maintained control of the Senate, even picking up a cpl of seats.

Saw a post on twitter that read something like:
Looks like nothing will get done Legislation-wise over the next two years, while we’ll get a few more judical positions appointed with a little more ease.