Early look at the 2019 Football schedule

TigerTap

Senior
RRCQFXBTZHIWTLK.20180919134908.jpg

First 5 games....any possible way we don't go 5-0 or 4-1 with these, without Oeaux meddling again? Not sure I've seen a weaker first half schedule in many, many years. Who can thump their chest after playing 1 should be competitive game & 4 cupcakes? Who made this schedule? Verge Ausberry? It's not like they said: "Well, maybe Georgia Southern or Utah State or Northwestern State might be good by then." Just think..we have an Open Date before mighty Utah State. Is that smart?

Will LSU sell many tickets to watch these non-competetive games? Maybe the first game will sell out. I understand a few cupcakes..but all in the first half of the season?

LSU 2019
Georgia Southern
@Texas ( #?)
Northwestern State
Vanderbilt
Utah State

LSU 2011
Oregon #3 (Pac 10 Champions) (40-27)
Northwestern State (49-3)
@Mississippi State #25 (19-6)
@West Virginia #16 (Big East Champions) (47-21)
Kentucky (35-7)

Is LSU really heading in the right direction in 2019, as far as scheduling, since 2011 & forward? Just sayin'.

Just thinking...#3 Arkansas vs. #1 LSU..remember when Arkansas was actually pretty good?
AmazingPrestigiousAngelwingmussel-max-1mb.gif

Petrino in Tiger Stadium, while losing 41-17

Bobby never fully recovered..
petrinobrace.jpg

"She let me see her lady parts"

I'd much rather have that Open Date before Florida. Dan Mullen has a fairly easy schedule & Oeaux is 0-2 vs Mullen. I see Mullen & Smart fighting it out in years to come, as the top SEC East coach. Smart has a big lead, but Mullen's only has 1 season at UF. 10-3 not bad in year 1. But we're playing the Gators @Tiger Stadium.

Looking at the SEC West opponents, Ole Miss (5-7) MooU (8-5) & R kansas (2-10). Meh. Can anyone name to Coaches at these 3 schools without looking it up? Then the tougher SEC West: Auburn (8-5) & Bama & Texas A&M (9-4). Gus Malzahn is sort of like Kevin Sumlin imo, sort of up & down. Saban is Saban (14-1). Jimbo Fisher, the 2nd best coach in the SEC West, must play National Champions @Clemson & both SEC West (Bama) & SEC East (Georgia) divisional champs. Plus LSU @Tiger Stadium. Toughest schedule in the SEC.

I've seen many comments about how we can "Sneek" into the Playoffs, after the Bama Loss. Is that something to be proud of? I dunno, just asking. "To be the man you've got to beat the man", was posted on every LSU boards for years. Has that sentiment changed?

Was the Nature Boy wrong?

The early look at LSU 2019, I think Texas, Florida, Bama, A&M & maybe Auburn will be the tough games. Probably way too early for schedule predictions..

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
The schedule is what it is. Last preseason it looked a lot more brutal than it turned out to be what with Miami falling way short of expectations.

Get past Texas and we could be looking at the playoffs even with a loss to Bama.

TigerTap

Senior
Anyone have any early thoughts in Texas? Can't say that I saw too much of them last year. Saw them beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. They only had 2 drafted..day 3 picks.

mancha

Freshman
Anyone have any early thoughts in Texas? Can't say that I saw too much of them last year. Saw them beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. They only had 2 drafted..day 3 picks.
Yeah they beat UGA and Oklahoma last year. They lost to OU in the Big 12 Championship. Lost to Maryland at the beginning of the season and Okie St near the end. I though UGA would have no problem but they did.

Ehlinger is a good QB when he can set up his running with passes over the top. Colin Johnson is a really good 6' 6" receiver who can go get the ball over cornerbacks. Running back is average but Ehlinger is above average in the read option. Defense is not their game. It is not the Big 12 game.

Texas can beat really good teams on any given day but they can also lose.

I've been to a recent game in Austin. I wasn't that impressed with the crowd noise. Maybe it doesn't carry in the dry heat LOL. LSU will have their hands full though. Texas will be favored. This is an early season defining game for two top 10 teams.

TigerTap

Senior
Yep, Ehlinger is getting a lot of pub this off season. He did look good against Georgia, completed 70%. I haven't seen a game at Texas in many years, but agree they didn't seem to have the crowd noise we have. I do like our DB's though.

I think LSU will be ranked higher. But Texas could easily be favored because it's at home.

Last edited:

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Yep, Ehlinger is getting a lot of pub this off season. He did look good against Georgia, completed 70%. I haven't seen a game at Texas in many years, but agree they didn't have the crowd noise we have.

I think LSU will be ranked higher. But Texas could easily be favored because it's at home.

Latest from Vegas is LSU -1 1/2. Discount the horn's win over uga. The Dawgs mailed it in after not making the playoffs.

Ellinger is good but once again LSU is DBU. Delpit and Fulton are first rounders and Derek Stingley is the real deal.

TigerTap

Senior
Latest from Vegas is LSU -1 1/2. Discount the horn's win over uga. The Dawgs mailed it in after not making the playoffs.

Ellinger is good but once again LSU is DBU. Delpit and Fulton are first rounders and Derek Stingley is the real deal.

Yes, I'm very anxious to see what Stingley can do this year. We should be extremely tough with him, plus the 2 studs Delpit & Fulton.

Last edited:

mancha

Freshman

Yes, I'm very anxious to see what Stingley can do this year. We should be extremely tough with him, plus the 2 studs Delpit & Fulton.

Y'all. What the hell. this forum is rocking at 3 am. You know noting good happens after midnight.