D Day Remembrance

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Please take a moment today to remember those from the Greatest Generation who proudly served our country in World War II. My Dad served in Patton's 3rd Army and my father-in-law flew B17's from the UK. God Bless Them All. Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Please take a moment today to remember those from the Greatest Generation who proudly served our country in World War II. My Dad served in Patton's 3rd Army and my father-in-law flew B17's from the UK. God Bless Them All. View attachment 166

The terror those men landing on the beaches must have felt is unimaginable yet they pressed on. I wish I could buy them all a beer.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
92753653-544D-4FD7-AF33-72AFF3234413.jpeg My grandfather was a part of the landing on D-Day, as well as the Battle of the Bulge. He told me stories of Bastone and some about liberating some concentration camps.

He was awarded the French Medal of Chevalier, (Legion of Honour)... the French Medal of Honor back in November of 2014.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
View attachment 168 My grandfather was a part of the landing on D-Day, as well as the Battle of the Bulge. He told me stories of Bastone and some about liberating some concentration camps.

He was awarded the French Medal of Chevalier, (Legion of Honour)... the French Medal of Honor back in November of 2014.
Your grandfather is a prime example of our Greatest Generation. We owe everything we enjoy today to them.