Best Football Movie? (NSFW)

TigerTap

Senior
"I sorta get the football movie thing. But why do guys like horror movies? It's just a bunch if 24 year old 'teens' running around in the woods..I don't get it"
DS-09.JPG

Debi Sue Voorhees (Yes, that's really her name) Friday the 13th (Part 5)

Last edited:

mctiger

Freshman
You almost have to do subcategories when you're picking favorite football movies, fiction and nonfiction. Best fiction, I'm going with the original The Longest Yard. Nonfiction is a tossup between Rudy and The Blind Side. I'd throw in Brian's Song (the original; I've never seen the 2001 remake) in there too, but the last 20 minutes is just so absolutely gut wrenching that its hard to watch. Another good one is Radio, although that's more a story of people who happened to be involved with football than it is a true "football" movie.

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
You almost have to do subcategories when you're picking favorite football movies, fiction and nonfiction. Best fiction, I'm going with the original The Longest Yard. Nonfiction is a tossup between Rudy and The Blind Side. I'd throw Brian's Song (the original; I've never seen the 2001 remake) in there too, but the last 20 minutes is just so absolutely gut wrenching that its hard to watch. Another good one is Radio, although that's more a story of people who happened to be involved with football than it is a true "football" movie.
We are Marshall and Remember the Titans are two of my favorites.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
You almost have to do subcategories when you're picking favorite football movies, fiction and nonfiction. Best fiction, I'm going with the original The Longest Yard. Nonfiction is a tossup between Rudy and The Blind Side. I'd throw Brian's Song (the original; I've never seen the 2001 remake) in there too, but the last 20 minutes is just so absolutely gut wrenching that its hard to watch. Another good one is Radio, although that's more a story of people who happened to be involved with football than it is a true "football" movie.

Rudy had elements of fiction. The stock is greater than the reality.