Auburn week has flown by..

TigerTap

Senior
20 years ago..1999
auburn-tigers-cigar-game-1999-cf93e72adf99ed9b.jpg

Kind of a dying "Rivalry" recently, imo. Bama has returned as LSU's main Rival, like every other SEC School.

Seems like not as much excitement around LSU vs Auburn like there used to be. I think probably because Auburn hasn't won a single game in Tiger Stadium since the "Cigar War Eagles" in 1999.

Funny looking back, Auburn used to be a huge, huge game in the 1990's & early 2000's. Bigger than the Bama game at for awhile. Mostly because Bama sucked during that time. Plus LSU has been to the Top of the Mountain 3 times since '03 & brought back 2 NCs. Auburn did win an NC with the Cam Newton Show in 2010.

Not much to say for Auburn vs LSU in 2019 @Tiger Stadium. I expect we'll see the LSU Joe Brady's "2 Minute TD Offense" in full affect. This means watching Auburn's Offense vs. LSU's Defense, for most of the game. But you never know. I haven't seen many at all picking Auburn to upset LSU in the 2:30 kickoff game though.

My pick:

42-28 LSU

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I agree, we're going to see a lot of uptempo offense from LSU... but I am hoping i'm wrong. I would prefer to see a lof run/pass drives eating 6-8 minutes of clock per drive. The defense has got to be put in a position to win. I am also hoping Dix is terrible today and eats his Miles' share of Tiger Stadium turf.

We've gotten a few key linemen back from what I have read in the media, hoping this helps keep Joe Burrow clean in the pocket. I'm also hoping the defense get some takeaways with a score or two.