11 Days until CFB

TigerTap

Senior
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...u-ready-for-the-2019-college-football-season/

*Have Fulton listed as a running back

The second tier
This is what I've come to define as the "Auburn Group," a hat tip to Tigers teams that start just outside the conversation and finish the year with a shot at a national title. The 2010 Auburn team started the season outside the top-20 and the 2013 Auburn team was unranked at the beginning of the year. Naturally, Auburn is included in the Auburn group this year, but so are two other SEC title hopefuls and the most likely playoff picks from the Pac-12.

offseasondvd.jpg

"Jay..my man...I guess you could call it a long off season."
HandyPhysicalHorsechestnutleafminer-size_restricted.gif

TigerTap

Senior
On the other hand, we were left out of the 1st tier group..

Anyone else kind of upset that we are no longer considered competitive with Alabama, by network TV?

The last 3 Alabama losses, we only scored 10 points & got shutout 2 times. It's the worst 3 game loss to Bama since 1923, 1925 & 1926 (didn't play in 1924) when we only scored 3 points in 3 games vs, the tah'd.

mancha

Freshman
On the other hand, we were left out of the 1st tier group..

Anyone else kind of upset that we are no longer considered competitive with Alabama, by network TV?

The last 3 Alabama losses, we only scored 10 points & got shutout 2 times. It's the worst 3 game loss to Bama since 1923, 1925 & 1926 (didn't play in 1924) when we only scored 3 points in 3 games vs, the tah'd.
LSU will be left out of the first group. They lost their competitive edge after the 2012 Championship Game and have not got it back, no matter the head coach. I don't see it ending this year.

Do you like the new AD hire? I see O on a short rope. You know more than me about The Foundation. Does LSU have the $ to hire an established coach or will we have to reach for a coach prospect to get the job done? All I see is ocean and we are on a sailboat. If the weather holds then maybe we get to somewhere.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
I see O on a short rope. You know more than me about The Foundation.

I think Wade's rope is shorter than O's. I think we have the talent to really do well this year. Of course everything looks good on paper. IconLOL.gif Let's see how it plays out.

mancha

Freshman
I think Wade's rope is shorter than O's. I think we have the talent to really do well this year. Of course everything looks good on paper. View attachment 165 Let's see how it plays out.
It begins with the Texas game. We could be looking at 3 losses this year, which is on par with everything past 2012. Good but not great. I haven't discounted O...yet. I will follow Kakacoocoo into the season but at the end it will have to be decided. No sitting on the fence. Tap may have his way. I do root against that right now.

TigerTap

Senior
LSU will be left out of the first group. They lost their competitive edge after the 2012 Championship Game and have not got it back, no matter the head coach. I don't see it ending this year.

Do you like the new AD hire? I see O on a short rope. You know more than me about The Foundation. Does LSU have the $ to hire an established coach or will we have to reach for a coach prospect to get the job done? All I see is ocean and we are on a sailboat. If the weather holds then maybe we get to somewhere.

Some things happened after the 1/9/12 debacle alright. A lot of it had to do with certain politicians being pissed that they let Saban get away, then went to Bama.

Yes, I do feel pretty good about the new AD. I'm interested to see what, if anything, happens regarding Basketball & Baseball. Maybe some new assistants?

As far as the money, yes, absolutely LSU could have easily gotten a well established, exciting, big name coach. The BOS decided the losingest coach in Ole Miss history was the answer. So LSU spent $35-$40 million to get to a 10-3 season. I was told 10 wins was "Mediocre" when Big Les was here.

But he's "One of us" so it's somehow different.

kQDCLCa.gif

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
I think Wade's rope is shorter than O's. I think we have the talent to really do well this year. Of course everything looks good on paper. View attachment 165 Let's see how it plays out.

That will tell exactly what kind of AD Woodward is. If O can't beat Saban, but keeps giving him extensions & raises...we'll know we have another AD who carries water for the BOS, just like Alleva. I'm really hoping Woodward is above this though.

TigerTap

Senior
  1. It begins with the Texas game. We could be looking at 3 losses this year, which is on par with everything past 2012. Good but not great. I haven't discounted O...yet. I will follow Kakacoocoo into the season but at the end it will have to be decided. No sitting on the fence. Tap may have his way. I do root against that right now.

Do you mean Kikicaca from the other board? I've never bought into Oeaux, although I have tried. 2 shutouts & 10 total points against Bama solidified it for me. But if Rosy Finch actually beats Saban, I'd give him his due.

Seems like some fans want to get around beating then just to get to the Final 4 style Football playoff. And then what? Lose to him twice in a season? Didn't go over well when we made the Final 2 in the 2012 NC game. "At least we made the playoffs" is not good enough, imo.

Quite honestly, have no idea how Oeaux can lose more than 3 games with this schedule:

Away games:

@Texas
@Bama
--------------
@Vandy
@MooU
@Ole Miss

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
This photo is very disappointing, imo. Bel Edwards trying to cloke himself in an LSU flag to get reelected. Oeaux just standing wit one of da Baws. "Higher taxes, poor education? yaw, yaw." Louisiana Senator John Kennedy was correct. LSU Football has no place in backwards Louisiana politics. Does LSU officially endorse the Democratic party now? President Trump won Louisiana by well over 390,000 votes. Just sayin'
VNTQRSXZAOIWUWG.20190626171013.JPG

Perhaps this belongs on the Poli board. But there's duh Coach O & LSU Football team members, so maybe not.

Last edited:

mancha

Freshman
This photo is very disappointing, imo. Bel Edwards trying to cloke himself in an LSU flag to get reelected. Oeaux just standing wit one of da Baws. "Higher taxes, poor education? yaw, yaw." Louisiana Senator John Kennedy was correct. LSU Football has no place in backwards Louisiana politics. Does LSU officially endorse the Democratic party now? President Trump won Louisiana by well over 390,000 votes. Just sayin'
VNTQRSXZAOIWUWG.20190626171013.JPG

Perhaps this belongs on the Poli board. But there's duh Coach O & LSU Football team members, so maybe not.
After what Bobby J did to the funding of Louisiana universities, I bet the BOS told O to get down on his knees and pucker up. It seems that LSU feels the need to bow to the current regime to win back some favor.

Politics aside, it is shameful that Louisiana gutted the flagship of the state. And that now, instead of making things right, politicians are using the uni for photo ops.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Some things happened after the 1/9/12 debacle alright. A lot of it had to do with certain politicians being pissed that they let Saban get away, then went to Bama.

Yes, I do feel pretty good about the new AD. I'm interested to see what, if anything, happens regarding Basketball & Baseball. Maybe some new assistants?

As far as the money, yes, absolutely LSU could have easily gotten a well established, exciting, big name coach. The BOS decided the losingest coach in Ole Miss history was the answer. So LSU spent $35-$40 million to get to a 10-3 season. I was told 10 wins was "Mediocre" when Big Les was here.

But he's "One of us" so it's somehow different.

kQDCLCa.gif
I don't believe the BOS picked O because they thought he was the answer to getting back on the championship path... I think the BOS picked him to lead LSU because they were looking to do damage control after the way Miles was fired. While letting Miles go was the right thing to do, it was handled very, very badly.

A lot of people were good with O getting the nod because of his being "one of us"... it calmed a rabid fan base down a bit, and the Univ.'s image was saved in the media outlets.

Last edited:

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
I don't believe the BOS picked O because they thought he was the answer to getting back on the championship path... I think the BOS picked him to lead LSU because they were looking to do damage control after the way Miles was fired. While letting Miles go was the right thing to do, if handled very, very badly.

A lot of people were good with O getting the nod because of his being "one of us"... it calmed a rabid fan base down a bit, and the Univ.'s image was saved in the media outlets.

Oeaux got the job because Joe Alleva bungled the hiring of Jimbo Fisher twice. If Scott Woodward had been AD he would have gotten his man signed on the dotted line.

TigerTap

Senior
I don't believe the BOS picked O because they thought he was the answer to getting back on the championship path... I think the BOS picked him to lead LSU because they were looking to do damage control after the way Miles was fired. While letting Miles go was the right thing to do, it was handled very, very badly.

So a major university hired a Defensive Line coach to do damage control for fricking up the firing their coach, averaging 10 wins a season that brought then 1 of their 3 Football National Championships & is a Hall of Fame coach?

People make the mistake thinking Baton Rouge is a majority Cajun French or Coonass city. It's not. And a lot of other small towns. That "One of us" BS didn't go over well in da Big City here. It went over well in Cutoff, La. & probably Alexandria. Nothing against Cajuns, just the way it is & has been for a long time in Baton Rouge.

What happened immediately, was LSU has lost a ton of big name Alumni donations. Names you probably know & assume are all "Pro Orgeron". They aren't. They are like me, they want a real, big name, competetive coach. Not Junior Samples from Hee Haw.

As for the media, Derek Ponamsky (former felon) was tasked with hyping up/ lying about the poor & disappointing hire. LSU / Bama game was just removed from Primetime TV, for the first tine since the 90's. It's no longer competitive. More articles have been written about Les Miles this year (nearly double) than Ed Orgeron. And Miles is only expected to win 3-4 games max at Kansas.

This in no "Love letter" to Miles. Fact is he is the winningest coach in LSU football history. And the "Powers that be " fired him for it. Yes it pissed off a ton of people, a lot of Alums. Read the other boards (the one with a lot of people, not the "Dropped Anchor" Shane board) to see how much Junior Samples is 'Loved".

Perhaps there should be a thread about why LSU BOS & AD removed LSU from competing. The "But, but...he wouldn't change" mantra has grown thin & most know better.

@GREG, this isn't meant to be aimed directly at you. It's just some thoughts I had, right or wrong.

Last edited:

Bengal B

So a major university hired a Defensive Line coach to do damage control for fricking up the firing their coach, averaging 10 wins a season that brought then 1 of their 3 Football National Championships & is a Hall of Fame coach?

People make the mistake thinking Baton Rouge is a majority Cajun French or Coonass city. It's not. And a lot of other small towns. That "One of us" BS didn't go over well in da Big City here. It went over well in Cutoff, La. & probably Alexandria. Nothing against Cajuns, just the way it is & has been for a long time in Baton Rouge.

What happened immediately, was LSU has lost a ton of big name Alumni donations. Names you probably know & assume are all "Pro Orgeron". They aren't. They are like me, they want a real, big name, competetive coach. Not Junior Samples from Hee Haw.

As for the media, Derek Ponamsky (former felon) was tasked with hyping up/ lying about the poor & disappointing hire. LSU / Bama game was just removed from Primetime TV, for the first tine since the 90's. It's no longer competitive. More articles have been written about Les Miles this year (nearly double) than Ed Orgeron. And Miles is only expected to win 3-4 games max at Kansas.

This in no "Love letter" to Miles. Fact is he is the winningest coach in LSU football history. And the "Powers that be " fired him for it. Yes it pissed off a ton of people, a lot of Alums. Read the other boards (the one with a lot of people, not the "Dropped Anchor" Shane board) to see how much Junior Samples is 'Loved".

Perhaps there should be a thread about why LSU BOS & AD removed LSU from competing. The "But, but...he wouldn't change" mantra has grown thin & most know better.

@GREG, this isn't meant to be aimed directly at you. It's just some thoughts I had, right or wrong.

Get over it already. Miles isn't the only NC winning coach to be fired when he became stale and comfortable with almost approaching the status quo. Can you say Mack Brown and Phil Fulmer?

Yes, Joe Alleva fucked up big time the way he handled everything he touched but he is gone now. Coach Oeaux wasn't anybody's first choice but Alleva might just have backed into hiring a diamond in the rough. This season will confirm or dismiss that theory but even you should be encouraged by the way he exceeded the dismal expectations going into last season.

As far as alumni donations are concerned I have full confidence that Scott Woodward will have things back on track.
His hiring was like replacing a witch doctor with a brain surgeon.

TigerTap

Senior
Get over it already. Miles isn't the only NC winning coach to be fired when he became stale and comfortable with almost approaching the status quo. Can you say Mack Brown and Phil Fulmer?

Yes, Joe Alleva fucked up big time the way he handled everything he touched but he is gone now. Coach Oeaux wasn't anybody's first choice but Alleva might just have backed into hiring a diamond in the rough. This season will confirm or dismiss that theory but even you should be encouraged by the way he exceeded the dismal expectations going into last season.

As far as alumni donations are concerned I have full confidence that Scott Woodward will have things back on track.
His hiring was like replacing a witch doctor with a brain surgeon.

Hard to get over simething that isn't fixed. Ex. "Who cares about an O ring? Get over it, it's gonna seal just fine!"

Neither of those were averaging 10 wins a season & both had a losing seasons, 5-6 & 5-7 seasons. Miles never dropped below 8-5. Saban achieved 8-5 twice here, in his short 5 years. Miles went 8 of 11 seasons with 10+ win seasons. That's not stale in any possible way at LSU. He rewrote nearly every LSU coaching records.

I don't disagree at all on Alleva. He interfered with the LSU Football program quite a bit.

BTW, have Texas or Tennessee been worth a shot without Fulmer or Mack that Brown? Haven't seen them in the NC lately.. I 'member Cholly Stong at Texas, and Dooley & Butch Jones at Tennessee, lol

Diamond in the rough, huh? I think LSU should win 10 games this year, due to the schedule. 'lil homecooking over Jimbo Fo Sho'.

Aranda & from what I'm hearing, possibly Corey Raymond may be leaving after this season. If so, O will be tested on whether he can pull a big hire, like an Aranda type guy. Aranda didn't come here to learn from his fricking Dine coach. Which is why we have to pay him a HC salary to keep him. Seems likely will go with BBQ buddy hire. A DC within this state, maybe the La Tech DC or a Saints assistant it retread...someplace in his previous travels. Rob Ryan maybe?

LSU traded in Sirloin steak for Hamburger Helper. Dunno, maybe some folks prefer their Hamburger Helper.

I don't believe I'm being that negative. I'm saying we should win 10 games this year..

Last edited:

Bengal B

Hard to get over simething that isn't fixed. Ex. "Who cares about an O ring? Get over it, it's gonna seal just fine!"

Neither of those were averaging 10 wins a season & both had a losing seasons, 5-6 & 5-7 seasons. Miles never dropped below 8-5. Saban achieved 8-5 twice here, in his short 5 years. Miles went 8 of 11 seasons with 10+ win seasons. That's not stale in any possible way at LSU. He rewrote nearly every LSU coaching records.

I don't disagree at all on Alleva. He interfered with the LSU Football program quite a bit.

BTW, have Texas or Tennessee been worth a shot without Fulmer or Mack that Brown? Haven't seen them in the NC lately.. I 'member Cholly Stong at Texas, and Dooley & Butch Jones at Tennessee, lol

Diamond in the rough, huh? I think LSU should win 10 games this year, due to the schedule. 'lil homecooking over Jimbo Fo Sho'.

Aranda & from what I'm hearing, possibly Corey Raymond may be leaving after this season. If so, O will be tested on whether he can pull a big hire, like an Aranda type guy. Aranda didn't come here to learn from his fricking Dine coach. Which is why we have to pay him a HC salary to keep him. Seems likely will go with BBQ buddy hire. A DC within this state, maybe the La Tech DC or a Saints assistant it retread...someplace in his previous travels. Rob Ryan maybe?

LSU traded in Sirloin steak for Hamburger Helper. Dunno, maybe some folks prefer their Hamburger Helper.

I don't believe I'm being that negative. I'm saying we should win 10 games this year..

The sirloin steak was starting to get pretty rancid. Miles had a great run here and will one day be in the Hall of Fame but it was time to make a change. If Big Nose Joe had an ounce of sense at the end of the 2015 season he would have announced that Miles was out and Jimbo was in. The way that Georgia made a clean break. Without any rumors or fanfare Richt was unemployed and Kirby Smart was the new coach.

One of the talking heads at the SEC media days rated Oeaux the 3rd best coach in the SEC behind Saban and Fisher. I don't know who he was but he wasn't an LSU media person.

TigerTap

Senior
The sirloin steak was starting to get pretty rancid. Miles had a great run here and will one day be in the Hall of Fame but it was time to make a change. If Big Nose Joe had an ounce of sense at the end of the 2015 season he would have announced that Miles was out and Jimbo was in. The way that Georgia made a clean break. Without any rumors or fanfare Richt was unemployed and Kirby Smart was the new coach.

One of the talking heads at the SEC media days rated Oeaux the 3rd best coach in the SEC behind Saban and Fisher. I don't know who he was but he wasn't an LSU media person.
Mark Richt? How many National Championships did he take Georgia to?

Yes, sirloin will get rancid when it's locked outside for a long time. Big Les was locked out by LSU's BOS & certain politicians. It shouldn't have taken Miles 2 fricking years of begging the BOS & their waterboy, Nose Alleva to get Dave Aranda here. Who's reaping the benefits of having Aranda here? Miles knew he was getting fired in 2016. Who treats their winningest coaches like that? Nobody else. None. It's low class. Jimbo & Herman both saw this happening as did everyone else in the country. "So averaging just over 10 wins a season ain't good enough for LSU? Okie Dokey..A&M it is!" Both had to be laughing their collective asses off, while signing their big contracts. Do they care if they lose to LSU & their nearly 30 coaches, assistants & "Analysts"? Fuck No! They'll still have their jobs & support from their school's BOS. LSU gonna have to pay out the ass, like never before, IF they ever want to seriously compete again.

Dumbest thing LSU BOS ever did publicly: go to the news outlets & tell them Coach Miles was "Coaching for his job". Do most coaches who are undefeated & ranked #4, who just suffered a 1 game loss, get treated like that? Again, how fucking retarded do you have to be to do something so stupid? Nice shot in the arm for the 2015 team, eh? The 'ol Coonass vote of confidence? And you wonder why the 2015 #4 ranked LSU team went belly up so fast? "Got damned Elmer's fault! Ayeeee!".

Which 'tard fucked over the 2015 team?

"Oink! Howdy, I'm Ronnie Anderson!"
anderson2.jpg
"Anderson is a 1970 graduate of LSU, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in animal science."

'Yep, I'm an old milk maid! But I knows LSU betta than you! Me, Jacobs, Chatelain & da Gub'nah Bel Edwards done d'ood it! Glad we got da Coach O locked in with a forever buyout clause. That's some good thinnin'.'

da Bel says..who's really running LSU football right now?
https://wwl.radio.com/articles/gove...alleva-and-king-be-fired-supports-raise-coach

(Yep, still bitching about LSU Admin)

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
BTW, 10-3 to 9-4 is not an upgrade. 10-3 to 10-3 isn't either. Ain't nobody dumb enough to buy the 2015 "McNeese lightening scare".

Here is an upgrade: 9-3 #16 & Bowl Loss to 11-2 #5 & Bowl Win & SEC West Title. This happened in 2005.

Maybe just me, but I'd say an 11 win #5 finish after a ho hum 9 win #16 finish.. is pretty decent. ;)

Last edited:

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I hope the Tigers are not sleeping on Georgia Southern. I’m less worried about losing than I am about our D-line getting beat up/injured in that game. But GSU is a tricky team to prepare for.