What do you think about the live chat for LSU Fans?

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I'm not a big fan of chat. I prefer game threads. What have you added to chat to enhance it?
Just other options. Colors, bold, itali, and other capabilities like the ability to mass prune instead of having to delete each individual shout... I like game threads as well, but this is just an option for those who would prefer to chat with others live.

Brandon sheley

IT Support
Staff member
This version has some tools to help on the backend.
As for the users, you can set your chat color and it will load faster if a bunch of people used it at once.
You can also add a /me tag, for example if I posted

/me says hello

it will display like this

Brandon Sheley says hello

Like old school IRC chats

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Just other options. Colors, bold, itali, and other capabilities like the ability to mass prune instead of having to delete each individual shout... I like game threads as well, but this is just an option for those who would prefer to chat with others live.

I don't participate a lot in gameday threads either. Too busy concentrating on the game bud threads are easier to pick your spot in during a commercial.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I don't participate a lot in gameday threads either. Too busy concentrating on the game bud threads are easier to pick your spot in during a commercial.
Who are we going to nominate to start the game day threads here?

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
This version has some tools to help on the backend.
As for the users, you can set your chat color and it will load faster if a bunch of people used it at once.
You can also add a /me tag, for example if I posted

/me says hello

it will display like this

Brandon Sheley says hello

Like old school IRC chats

So you could probably make it where if a tag line was added to a PM you could send a personalized message to each user in the member list was linked to it.

LaSalleAve

Simple man with a complex plan
Will be joining this Saturday, the only issues I ever have with game chat or thread chat during games is im about 3 minutes behind when I have to use apple tV or stream the game somehow.

Brandon sheley

IT Support
Staff member
So you could probably make it where if a tag line was added to a PM you could send a personalized message to each user in the member list was linked to it.
I'll have to double check but I believe if you tag a person in chat (start with the @ sign then start typing the users name.. like @GREG )