Urban Meyer next stop..

TigerTap

Senior
Looks like Meyer is looking to come back...again. Been watching this & it'll be interesting to see where/if he lands. I came up 4 potential landing spots, just looking at super high profile jobs.

1. USC - seem to be the odds on favorite by most accounts, he could make the Pac 10 relevent again, quickly.

2. Michigan - It's not that far fetched to see Harbaugh going back to the NFL, or stepping aside. He's not exacty been lighting the world on fire. But a reasonable 41-15. (73%) Plus it would cause a tOSU vs Meeechigan rivalry to go through the roof. Meyer might like that controversary.

3. Alabama - This could be very bad for LSU & the SEC. IF Saban wins the NC, I think he retires, imo. It would not surprise me to see Bama go after him. Although, Meyer probably doesn't want to take the Les Miles spot of following Saban. But Bama pays very, very well. A long shot, but Bama will want a big, splashy hire.

4. Notre Dame - This could be bad for everyone. Notre Dame is overrated every year. Imagine if they had a great coach & could back it up? I'm not saying Brian Kelly is a bad coach at all. Kelly's been there 10 years now, with no NC. Notre Dame fans are still interested in Meyer, even after he turned them down for Florida 15 years ago. Meyer says because Ron Zook had a better roster at Florida & didnt think Notre Dame would give him time to rebuild. But Meyer still says he loves Notre Dame.

Is Meyer worth it? Yes. 7 season at tOSU with an 83-9 (90.2%) record & 1 NC there, 3 NC's total.

Any thoughts where he might land? I know I'm probably missing a couple of big name schools.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
If Herman doesn't work out in Austin, what would UT look like with Urban Meyer at the helm with a talent rich state like Texas. On the flip side, it looks like the other UT, Tennessee may be looking for another head coach here real soon. Wonder if Meyer would be interested in that job knowing he had to play Saban every year, likely twice each year if he were able to rebuild UT.

TigerTap

Senior
If Herman doesn't work out in Austin, what would UT look like with Urban Meyer at the helm with a talent rich state like Texas. On the flip side, it looks like the other UT, Tennessee may be looking for another head coach here real soon. Wonder if Meyer would be interested in that job knowing he had to play Saban every year, likely twice each year if hey were able to rebuild UT.

I saw his reason for picking Florida over Notre Dame back in 2005, recruiting. At least that's what he said. "Ron Zook had the better roster". Plus, he said ND wouldn't give home enough time to intstall his Offense.

I think he'd be interesting to see at Texas, but Herman's doing well, except he badly needs a new DB coach. Think he's doing a CO-Defensive coordinator thing too.

Tennessee is in desperate need of a coach, imo. Never understood the Jeremy Pruitt hire. His first head coaching job & he gets Tennessee? He's 6-11 overall & 1-4 this year. I think Meyer could get them to really pay big bucks. One downside is Tennessee's instate recruiting though. It's not the strongest. But he's got the big name, with 3 NCs.

Saban turns 68 this year, on Halloween. Still think he retires if he gets his 7th National Championship this year. If not, I bet he comes back for another year.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
I saw his reason for picking Florida over Notre Dame back in 2005, recruiting. At least that's what he said. "Ron Zook had the better roster". Plus, he said ND wouldn't give home enough time to intstall his Offense.

I think he'd be interesting to see at Texas, but Herman's doing well, except he badly needs a new DB coach. Think he's doing a CO-Defensive coordinator thing too.

Tennessee is in desperate need of a coach, imo. Never understood the Jeremy Pruitt hire. His first head coaching job & he gets Tennessee? He's 6-11 overall & 1-4 this year. I think Meyer could get them to really pay big bucks. One downside is Tennessee's instate recruiting though. It's not the strongest. But he's got the big name, with 3 NCs.

Saban turns 68 this year, on Halloween. Still think he retires if he gets his 7th National Championship this year. If not, I bet he comes back for another year.

Urban Meyer will be the USC coach next season.

Last edited: