Passing:
www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/passing

Rushing:
www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/rushing

Defense:
www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/defense

Kicking
www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/kicking

This week, after the first leak in the S.S. Rosy Finch appeared in Gainesville, there are a few interesting changes in the stats. LSU's Passing moved up a spot from #10 to #9. The Rushing dipped from #4 to #6. However, the Defense moved up a spot from #5 to #4. The Kicking game is holding steady at #2.

Notes:
4 SEC teams are passing under 60% completion ratio. Missouri 59%, Arkansas 53%, LSU 53%, Mississippi State 48%.

Top 4 teams in Interceptions, are Alabama (10) LSU (8) Auburn (8) & Kentucky(7).

Next up: LSU vs Georgia Bulldogs

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
While I was only able to catch parts of the game at work Saturday, what drove me nuts was after the first possession our offense seemed to go into hiding. Yeh we moved the ball here and there, but stupid penalties killed drives, momentum, and several opportunities to score. The defense, while they had issues, and played uninspired, did enough to win th game. But again the Offense shit the bed. I am not liking E as OC.

TigerTap

Senior
I thought after the first drive, which was beautiful, we were really going to take it to Florida. But then...not much happened on Offense. I don't know what's E's doing at this point. Is O interfering again? I don't know. But we enter into an Offense Funk in every game, that lasts a long time.

It's almost like we have Offensive success, then somewone hits a switch. "That's enough of that, nap time now".

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I thought after the first drive, which was beautiful, we were really going to take it to Florida. But then...not much happened on Offense. I don't know what's E's doing at this point. Is O interfering again? I don't know. But we enter into an Offense Funk in every game, that lasts a long time.

It's almost like we have Offensive success, then somewone hits a switch. "That's enough of that, nap time now".

I the opening kickoff and our first drive from 1st play to touchdown. The was we moved the ball it felt like we were going to coast to a Gator ass whooping. Then a trauma came in and I had to step away for a bit, and when I came back and nothing had really changed score wise... I thought we'd win but it'd be a bit closer. The more I watched, the more I saw LSU unraveling and I knew things weren't looking good. But still had faith.

And I agree with your last statement. It seems like we'll put a cpl hundred yards of offense up on the board with a pair of touchdowns and O/E will say, "Ok, we're killin'em, lets back it off". nd then we go into some sort of stalemate and can't move the ball. I don't get it. I'll chalk it up to youth and injuries right now. But at the end of the next season we better see some vast improvement. I was hard on Miles for the same things, I won't go easy on O just because he's O.

3 and out

Freshman
While I was only able to catch parts of the game at work Saturday, what drove me nuts was after the first possession our offense seemed to go into hiding. Yeh we moved the ball here and there, but stupid penalties killed drives, momentum, and several opportunities to score. The defense, while they had issues, and played uninspired, did enough to win th game. But again the Offense shit the bed. I am not liking E as OC.

I cant stand the hire. The coach O hire made me sick and the Ensminger hire just doubled down on the shit show. After we shit this season away if we don't move on Coach O (its just too soon unfortunately) we should try harder to bring in Hugh Freeze as an OC before Auburn snags him up. I guess it wouldn't matter if Orgeron meddles with his game plan anyway.

I know its unlikely, both O & E will get another year. Just another year to bury this program even further into the ground while Georgia, Florida and A&M pull further ahead.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I cant stand the hire. The coach O hire made me sick and the Ensminger hire just doubled down on the shit show. After we shit this season away if we don't move on Coach O (its just too soon unfortunately) we should try harder to bring in Hugh Freeze as an OC before Auburn snags him up. I guess it wouldn't matter if Orgeron meddles with his game plan anyway.

I know its unlikely, both O & E will get another year. Just another year to bury this program even further into the ground while Georgia, Florida and A&M pull further ahead.
I'm sure O/E will get another year, i'm thinking they have a free ride through 2020 honestly, but if LSU is still struggling and going 7-5 or 8-4 we'll be looking at another coach in the '21 season. It's unfortunate too because I like O, and I think he loves LSU. He just isn't HC material imo.

3 and out

Freshman
I'm sure O/E will get another year, i'm thinking they have a free ride through 2020 honestly, but if LSU is still struggling and going 7-5 or 8-4 we'll be looking at another coach in the '21 season. It's unfortunate too because I like O, and I think he loves LSU. He just isn't HC material imo.

I like O too, as a D-Line coach and recruiter. But you're right. He isn't HC material and damn sure isn't HC material for the SEC. 9-3 is his ceiling. He is surviving off of LSU's talent alone. If he can recruit and build depth in the trenches he will stay a perpetual 8 or 9 win coach at LSU. To go beyond that and compete, he will need an innovative mind on offense, one that can coach, develop, game plan, make adjustments and win games. A dynamic coach, one that athletes want to come play for. Ensminger is NOT THAT.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I'm hoping O makes an ass out of me and proves me wrong. Only time will tell tho. He'll either succeed or LSU will be looking for another HC in a few years.

TigerTap

Senior
10/15/18

Passing
www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/passing

Rushing
www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/rushing

Defense
www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/defense

Kicking
www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/kicking

After a great win over Georgia, our stats seem to be holding relatively steady.

Our passing game did take a dip from #9 to #11 in the SEC. We're still completing just 53% of our passes, with just 6 TDs in 7 games. We haven't had a passing TD the last 2 games. Still need some work here.

Our Running game is a very, very solid at #5, with a really nice showing this week. It was good to see CEH have a great game. And surprisingly, Joe Burrow with some fancy footwork! Nick Brossette had a solid game as well.

Our Defense checks in at #5 this week. Given that we were playing the #2 ranked team known for Offense, I see this as a huge victory. Jake Fromm ain't happy. He dropped from his lofty 72% completion rate to 66% after playing 1 game against LSU's Defense. I don't think anyone would disagree in saying Aranda made Jawja his bitch!

Our Kicking game is #1 in the SEC. Cole Tracy appears to be LSU's best FG kicker since David Browndyke. #1..it just doesn't get much better.

Notes:

LSU (10) & Alabama (12) still the top 2 teams in the SEC in INTs.

We check in at #7 SEC in Sacks with 16. But we did move up from 13 sacks to 16 sacks, against a *formerly* highly ranked team.

Looks like Rosy patched up dat Gator leak & is steaming forward..

Next Up: LSU vs Mississippi State