Saints @Rams

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Time for everyone in the organization to start publicly and harshly calling out the league. And when the notices of fines come up, I'd call the press together, tear them up in front of the cameras and double down on the comments. There's nothing else they can do but try to embarrass the front office, so go full nuke.
And this is why I quit watching the NFL.

It was blatantly obvious in the NFC Championship game last season that there is no accountability of the refs, but i'll take it one step further and say, they don't even care how blatant and out in the open they are with their cheating for [insert team here].

And now, reading my FB timeline tonight... I made the right decision. Until Goodell is gone and accountability is brought back... I am done with it.

Last edited:

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
And this is why I quit watching the NFL.

It was blatantly obvious in the NFC Championship game last season that there is no accountability of the refs, but i'll take it one step further and say, they don't even care how blatant and out the open they are with their cheating for [insert team here].

And now, reading my FB timeline tonight... I made the right decision. Until Goodell is gone and accountability is brought back... I am done with it.
Then you need to stop watching ALL sports at ALL levels. Officials make mistakes. It has always been that way and it isn't going to change. There's an old saying that says the mistakes even out over time. I would hope that's an accurate statement.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Then you need to stop watching ALL sports at ALL levels. Officials make mistakes. It has always been that way and it isn't going to change. There's an old saying that says the mistakes even out over time. I would hope that's an accurate statement.
Honest mistakes are one thing, while frustrating... are a part of sports. It's is the blatant no-call cheating shit that i'm talking about.

Take last years NFC Championship game, and the blatant personal foul PI at the end. It wasn't just an honest missed call that altered the result of the game. It was an outright, public waving off of an official that was about to throw the flag, kind of cheating.

Last edited:

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Honest mistakes are one thing, while frustrating are a part of sports. It's is the blatant no-call cheating shit that i'm talking about.

Take last years NFC Championship game, and the blatant personal foul PI at the end. It wasn't just an honest missed call that altered the result of the game. It was an outright, public waving off of an official that was about to throw the flag, kind of cheating.
So, you are saying it was a blatant conspiracy by the NFL brass to keep the Saints out of the SB instead of a missed call by the official?

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
So, you are saying it was a blatant conspiracy by the NFL brass to keep the Saints out of the SB instead of a missed call by the official?
Absolutely. They got the two biggest viewing markets they could, which is what they wanted.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Brees will have surgery on the injured thumb and be out at least 6 weeks. Teddy Bridgewater is the highest paid backup QB in the NFL so it's time to start earning that big paycheck.

mctiger

Freshman
What concerns me about Teddy is that through nearly a full game against LA, a full game last year against Carolina, a couple of mop ups last year, and nearly 4 halves of preseason with the ones, he only has about 3 TD drives to his credit as a Saint. The nola media, most of whom are basically Saints cheerleaders, are saying it will be different now because the game plans will be tailored to his strengths. I hope so, but I for one would like to see our "next Steve Young" get a shot as a full time QB. Pro-Teddy guys are constantly reminding us that he led Minny to the playoffs, but that was 4 years ago, and I'm not so sure that he's physically the same QB he was with the Vikes.