POLL: We're Halfway Through the 2018 Season...

How Does LSU Finish the 2018 Season?

• Total voters

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
We are halfway through the 2018 CFB regular season and LSU has gone 5-1 (2-1 SEC). The media had us labelled as going 3-3 or even 2-4 at this point, finishing the regular season at 6-6 or even 7-5. How do you feel LSU finishes the 2nd half of the season.

We have the following 6 games left to play:

UGA
Miss. State
Bama
Arkansas
Rice
aTm

How do you see the final record going?

**And to keep things transparent, and hold people to accountability, Poll/Vote results are viewable**

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I think LSU will finish the regular season 9-3.

I believe LSU can beat UGA this weekend but the offense has to come to alive, find an identity, and move the ball without shooting themselves in the foot. Eliminate the penalties and turnovers. This offense was successful going 5-0 by not turning over the ball.

The defense has got to get their issues fixed as well. They need to start wrapping people up and practicing sound tackling fundamentals. Maintain their assignments, and get pressure on the QB. And get back to what they do... being #DBU, creating turnovers.

I do not think LSU's offense can keep up with Bama's to beat them. The gump offense will score on this defense, the question is, do they get their 50 or do we hold them like past years?

I believe the UGA and aTm games are toss ups. They can be won, but we have to play flawless, fundamental football. I believe the Miss. State, Arkansas, and Rice games are all wins. My over all prediction is a 9-3 finish, but we could finish 8-4 if we over look either UGA or aTm.

BAY0U BENGAL

Tigerbaiting champion of the world
I can’t answer it honestly now. If you’d asked me last Thursday, I would’ve said 11-1. I wrote the bama game off as a loss before the season started. But then the flaws showed themselves and now I wonder about UGA, A&M, and Mississippi State. I guess I’ll stick with my original 8-4. Which is sad.

TigerTap

Senior
If I had to bet, I'd put Georgia & Bama into the Loss column. Then move Rice & Arkansas into the Win column.

That leaves MooU & Texas A&M as toss-up games. Right now, I think we might split these 2, leaving us at 8-4. But we could just as easily beat both to go 9-3.

Mississippi State beat the hell out of us lost year. It's hard to say we'll just show up & simply beat them in Tiger Stadium. Mullen's gone, but they're still playing fairly well.

Texas A&M isn't Sumlin's A&M anymore. Think LSU has a tough schedule? A&M played #1 & #4 in CFB, losing both, but just barely to Clemson. Fisher has them playing well & without any of his style players, which is a real concern for the future.

I really wish I had more confidence about playing Georgia. They are 6-0 & ranked #2 & (4-0 SEC). Their lowest scoring game this season is 38 points, albeit against easier competition. LSU could be a "Trap game". for them. We have a better Defense. They have the better Offense. Although, if I'm Kirby Smart, I've got my team chomping at the bit to tee off on an SEC West team.

Last edited by a moderator:

3 and out

Freshman
7-5. Its all down hill from here on out fellas. Not trying to be a nega, just being honest. Auburn is a bad team, Miami is not great. Florida is not great.

UGA - I think we come out inspired, get very hopeful BUT Georgia weathers the storm and pulls away in the 2nd half to win by 2 scores
Miss State - They come in on an incline while we're licking our wounds and win a close one in Death Valley / We might pull this out and go 8-4 this one is a coin flip for me.
Bama - They drag their nuts across our face and win by 3 scores or more
Arkansas - Goes very similar to the Ole Miss game
A&M - They are due to beat us, this is the year.

7-5 or 8-4, catch me on a negative day (like after the UF loss, and I'll say 7-5).

However, I honestly think that because we lost last weekend, we CAN come out just inspired enough and UGA (flat schedule so far, hurricane looming) could come in untested and distracted enough for the upset to happen. But we will need to play mistake free football and need some balls to bounce our way, and more than just 1. If we can upset UGA, I can see this season turning out differently, but I'm sorry guys. I just don't have the faith. Not in O&E

Edit: Oh ya, Rice, we win that.

Last edited: