Pickin' & Shreddin' guitar thread

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
It's never too late. After trying to play when I was 20 and then not playing for over 30 years I started fooling around with an old Arbor Destroyer I had bought from a guy 20 years ago for $50. I learned a few things online that I didn't already know and then bought a cheap acoustic. Trying to learn from YouTube videos can be frustrating and unproductive. There are so many videos by so many people it's hard to know where to start. I started taking lessons a little more than 2 years ago and have gone from practically zero to being fairly decent; can play a lot of blues lead stuff as well as songs, Now I have a Stratocaster w/ 100 watt Marshall amp as well a a very good Takamine acoustic guitar, If you look around on Craigslist you can find some amazing deals.

Just make sure you find a teacher you can work with. Had a lesson tonight. I could already play Stormy Monday but tonight I learned some cool Allman Brothers style licks and I sound a lot better,
I might after I graduate and get my BSN. I just have too much on my plate right now.

TigerTap

Senior
yep.
PRS Custom SE 24

gorgeous finish pics do it little justice.
a very warm creamy tone.

@Nutriaitch, you & I are the only ones I know that own a solid mahoghany PRS! I also have a flame top PRS, but I love the sound of the all "Hog" PRS.

You're right, the mahogany has an incredibly warm & creamy tone, that I can't quite get with the maple top. The maple top has more a sharp kind of snappy sound to it. I play my Hog PRS more than the flame top. They really are beautiful guitars too! I think the darker mahoghany doesn't photograph quite as well as the lighter maple tops. But you can still see the depth in that finish!

Damn! Keep forgetting to put my pics up. Will put a couple up soon.

TigerTap

Senior
A&E Presents: The Making of an American Rock Star

"Oh Sweet Pea...woncha dance with me.."
mun_herm1.gif

"Folk music again? I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! I want a Les Paul with an Amplifier. I wanna Rock!"

mun_herm2.gif

Meanwhile somewhere in England..

"Look at that bloke on the tele, he's destroying his guitar. I rather fancy that."

"They'll never find me here!"
8dae3fabc9923e5606c2b443f6e3fb7b.jpg

"Grampa!"
9e551ac6e4afb876d9cf3ff6d1d56530.gif

tenor.gif

I've told you a thousand times..unplug the amp,
before you change the tubes"

"Lily! What are you doing down there?"
f03bb634282a48da956eede5d2ba9925--the-munsters-adams-family.jpg

"Herman, I saw you with your new 'Axe' and I lost control, but I think you liked it."
tenor.gif

"There's no doubt about it Grampa, Lily, my Lily is a...Groupie!"
giphy.gif

"I look just like Buddy Holly!"
giphy.gif

"Lily, I met this hep cat name Gene. Listen to this!"
"They call me Dr. Love.."
EKeaOZoUYAMLYV5.jpg

"Grampa, I'm worried my sweet, gullible Herman will
meet other groupies. I just can't lose my sweet Hermie"
Nc7h.gif

giphy.gif

"Be serious Grampa, Herman cane home smelling of eu de Morticia Addams, formaldehyde. And those, those.. things Gene Simmons does with his tongue..well it's just not proper, I don't trust him. Besides, who is this Beth girl?"
WiltedAffectionateIberianchiffchaff-max-1mb.gif

My dear cousin Lily is here..now? Oh my.."

tenor.gif

"Herman, I talked to cousin Morticia, and she deniesyou've been making whoopie with her, and Jeannie scared to come out of her bottle. But don't you worry Herman, I'll find out who the hussy is. You and you Rock 'n Roll lifestyle! It must stop!"

"But, but, Lily! "
tumblr_n62683O5pM1rp0vkjo1_400.gif

"Lily I didn't do it! I'm stuck on a desert isle, how coud I even see Herman? Plus I'm as virginal as..well one of my coconut cream pies. I would never."
956c67f829a0892861b1d79b57715126.jpg

"Virginal like a creampie, you say? Do tell."
tumblr_lz9r9eYaPX1qko769o11_r1_250.gifv

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
This Orange (Rocker 15) amp seriously kicks ass. A nearly perfect 70's hard rock distortion sound. It's very small, it's only 15 watts, but is extremely loud. Pure tube joy.
uw8vdfpubatcxy6czo27.jpg