Official Game Thread: #13 LSU vs. BYU, 8:35pm CT on ESPN

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Corso just said BYU would upset us. Doesnt that usually mean we will win? ;)

Corso is brainless. BYU doesn't stand a chance, they barely got past their patsy a few nights ago. Look for LSU to run and throw at will tonight. LSU will win big.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
So what's y'alls prediction for tonight's game? I am going to stick with mine on another forum, LSU over BYU 41-6. I feel Guice is going to show why he is the top back in the Country tonight and break out w/a 250 yrd 3 TD performance.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
First game for us with too many unknowns. I wouldn't touch the game with a 10' pole.

I understand that. I saw a portion of the BYU game against their patsy. BYU's receivers couldn't get much separation from the defense. I don't look for BYU to be able to throw or run much against this LSU defense. It's going to be a long night for them.

Herb

Commit
Great outcome. Shutouts are always welcomed.

Keeping in mind that BYU is probably only nominally better than teams like Kent State, There was a lot to be happy about.

Notable among them are the number of truye freshman that not only got on the field but shined. That can only help in future recruiting class as proof positive that every player with talent that stays out of trouble will see playing time early if they come to LSU.

Also great to see up tempo offense.

dachsie

Redshirt
I think the OLine did well last nite. Etling never hit the turf. Guice was awesome as always and Williams did well too. Chark is phenomenal. I hope he really shines this year. Ed Paris seemed to be all over the place too. Defense was stout. Still cant see what Corso was thinking. LOL

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I think the OLine did well last nite. Etling never hit the turf. Guice was awesome as always and Williams did well too. Chark is phenomenal. I hope he really shines this year. Ed Paris seemed to be all over the place too. Defense was stout. Still cant see what Corso was thinking. LOL

Somewhere a long time ago, LSU had to of done something to Corso for his massive hate affair for LSU to manifest itself like this. He always picks against us, I enjoy I when he has to eat crow.

As for the game. LSU rotated many freshmen and red shirt freshmen in and out of the game all night. The defense is very young and played without 3 starters, and still out-shined all other areas last night.

The offense looks to be a reset unit that works cohesively together, and ran much smoother last night even with all the new motion and misdirection, than Miles units ever did. They seemed to just flow well together, and Etling looked good going 14/17 with almost 200 yards.

Hopefully LSU will be playing like a well oiled machine going into SEC play. 10-11 wins this year looks very realistic.