Music Thread

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
I saw him for free years ago. I knew a guy watching a door on the side of the venue and he let us in.
Is there a reason why you quoted my post 3 times? IconLOL.gif

On a more serious note were you able to get a seat or did you have to stand?

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Is there a reason why you quoted my post 3 times? View attachment 172

On a more serious note were you able to get a seat or did you have to stand?

I didn't realize that I had. I think my phone was freezing up.:eek:

Found good seats that were unoccupied. Was a long time ago so tickets at that time probably weren't more than $20. What happened was that the opening act had started by the time I walked up to the ticket window. The stupid fat bitch at the window told me that no tickets would be sold after the show started. I was lucky enough to see my buddy at a side door when I was walking around the building.

Bengal B

There is a good documentary about Stevie Ray Vaughn on Amazon Prime. After his last show in Wisconsin he stayed and jammed with his brother Jimmie, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy and Robert Cray. After they were through he got on the helicopter that was going to take him to Chicago. It crashed and ended his life.

This is the last song he ever performed.

TigerTap

Senior
Satisfaction in original mono 1965

Satisfaction in remixed stereo (late 1980s/ early 90s, I believe)

To me, the original version which I grew up with, was a hard-drivin, badass rock song. The newer version played today the most by far imo, lacks the punch of the original. The added big fluffy guitar strumming & additional piano was pushed waaay forward in the stereo mix. Oh well, to each his own. The stereo version does seem more family friendly.

Just listen to the first 7-15 seconds of each version. Fun fact, Keef can be heard clicking on his fuzz box at 35 seconds on the original. It's still there in the remix, at 39 seconds, but mixed down a bit.

It does seem to be getting harder to find Beatles & Stones real originals on youtube these days. Ex. Can't find the popular "In my Life" Beatles song in Mono & even some Stereo. 2-3 years ago, it was very easy to find. I mean it's off Rubber Soul, which was & is kind of a big deal.

giphy.webp

Last edited:

Bengal B

I've heard that this was written as a musical sex act,.. and he conducts with a toothpick

Other than the novelty of conducting with a toothpick the music is boring and too long. I would fall asleep if I had to sit through that.

GiantDuckFan

.....Big ol Duck Fan
classical music is like baseball, you have to learn to appreciate it,.. then you like it more and more,.. Bolero is totally repetitive, but somehow it works,.. it's great to listen to as you fall off to sleep

I love it,.. this one too

this has always been my favorite

Last edited: