Music Thread

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Metallica Black was the last decent album they put out. Imo tho, Master of Puppets was their last great album.
I was a huge Metallica fan and collector in middle school and high school, I had all of their main albums, singles, and a good majority of their bootleg albums (all on vinyl).
A part of me died when they sold out.

Last edited:

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Chicago is my 2nd favorite rock group right behind The Eagles. I think they might be the greatest group of musicians ever in a rock band. Guitars, keyboards, drums, sax, & horns. They had it all and produced a unique sound. I had the good fortune to see them twice. Once in Tokyo and the second time at Red Rocks outside of Denver.

TigerTap

Senior
Metallica Black was the last decent album they put out. Imo tho, Master of Puppets was their last great album.
I was a huge Metallica fan and collector in middle school and high school, I had all of their main albums, singles, and a good majority of their bootleg albums (all on vinyl).
A part of me died when they sold out.

I hear ya, I was a big collector of import albums myself. I used to order all sorts of hard rock imports & other stuff from Leisure Landing. My friend ordered a Samson import album around 1981. About a year or so later, the singer of Samson became the singer for Iron Maiden.

I love Metallica's earlier albums as well. But I did like the Black album. I like the guitar hooks quite a bit. But not too much since then.

TigerTap

Senior
Chicago is my 2nd favorite rock group right behind The Eagles. I think they might be the greatest group of musicians ever in a rock band. Guitars, keyboards, drums, sax, & horns. They had it all and produced a unique sound. I had the good fortune to see them twice. Once in Tokyo and the second time at Red Rocks outside of Denver.
Yeah, they all were excellent musicians. I'll bet the concert at Red Rocks was very good. And Tokyo as well. I only got a chance to see them once in the early 80's. Wish I could've seen Terry Kath play..

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Yeah, they all were excellent musicians. I'll bet the concert at Red Rocks was very good. And Tokyo as well. I only got a chance to see them once in the early 80's. Wish I could've seen Terry Kath play..
He was the lead vocalist when I saw them perform in Tokyo in the early '70s. What a tragic ending to his life.

TigerTap

Senior
He was the lead vocalist when I saw them perform in Tokyo in the early '70s. What a tragic ending to his life.

Yeah, "It's not loaded" is no way to go. I love seeing him sing "Make Me Smile" on youtube, sadly. He was really, really talented. I think he was the heart of the band, at least on the first few albums. Very different band with Cetera singing 90% later on.