LSU Students/Fans Rushing the field...

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
So. LSU fans and students rush the field after beating #2 Georgia 36-16 in Tiger Stadium... first Top #1 or #2 win in Tiger Stadium since Florida in "97 or some shit.

Iowa State defeated #6 West Virginia, that was a loss coming in my opinion... and Iowa State is fined $25,000. LSU rushes the field in a much bigger win and is assessed a $100,000 fine with a threat of a $250K fine next time we rush the field.

How the fuck is this even fair? Iowa State gets a $25,000 fine, we get fined 4x the amount. Tells me the NCAA hates us more.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
So. LSU fans and students rush the field after beating #2 Georgia 36-16 in Tiger Stadium... first Top #1 or #2 win in Tiger Stadium since Florida in "97 or some shit.

Iowa State defeated #6 West Virginia, that was a loss coming in my opinion... and Iowa State is fined $25,000. LSU rushes the field in a much bigger win and is assessed a $100,000 fine with a threat of a $250K fine next time we rush the field.

How the fuck is this even fair? Iowa State gets a $25,000 fine, we get fined 4x the amount. Tells me the NCAA hates us more.

I don't know what the Big 12 rules are but SEC rules call for a $50k fine the first time and a $100k fine the second kind.
I guess there is no statute of limitations because LSU's first offense was in 2014 vs Ole Miss.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
It ought to be an NCAA imposed fine and leveled evenly across the board per offense.

Honestly tho, while I disagree with it (rushing the field), simply because it's a little amateurish imo, I understand why people/fans do it and the NCAA or (inset conference here) shouldn't penalize a fan base for being energetic and supporting their team.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
It ought to be an NCAA imposed fine and leveled evenly across the board per offense.

Honestly tho, while I disagree with it (rushing the field), simply because it's a little amateurish imo, I understand why people/fans do it and the NCAA or (inset conference here) shouldn't penalize a fan base for being energetic and supporting their team.

The LSU administration and athletic departments don't want the fans to rush the field. Why should the university have to pay a fine? How could they stop it? Ring the field with cops with tasers and billy clubs?