KOCKA Tailgating

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Welcome to LSUFANS verouchi, I hope to make it to one of y'alls tailgates next season.

verouchi

Redshirt
The tailgating rules have changed, haven't they? Don't you have to rent a spot now?

Not that I am aware of. I know not where we are. I hope it doesn't come to that. That will ruin tailgating at LSU. I'd stop going altogether and probably would drop my season tickets also.

verouchi

Redshirt
What's the back-story on KOCKA tailgating?

Good question. So KOCKA Tailgating is the merging of KOC (Krewe of Crown) and KA (Krewe'd Awakening). KOC started in 2001 under the direction of then KOC President Glen Steady. In 2002 RPH (or Road Purple Hooligans) started by myself, cousin, and one of my brothers started going to road games more religiously. By 2003 KOC and RPH merged to form KOC-RPH Tailgating. In 2006 my brother took over as the first KOC Director of Tailgating Affairs. In 2012, I took over. Over the years the people making the road games dropped in numbers so I started the RPH Tailgating Alliance in 2012 also with KOTD (Krewe of Them Dudes) mainly. In 2013 Matt Bryant of Krewe'd Awakening asked if we wanted to tailgate for a baseball game. I told him yea and said I know a couple other people who run tailgates why don't we just do one during baseball season each year and give it a name hence the BAT Party (big ass tailgate) about 10 tailgates involved now 2017 will be BAT 5. Anyway in 2014, Matt decided he was going to step down as leader of Krewe'd and we were wanting to move back to the old front nine to do our tailgating. so we decided to merge. in 2014 we also took on Port O Call tailgating and now we have about 52 members we ask for a simple donation of $40 a year and it helps pay for everything except your alcohol. We have a DJ for each game, food, snacks, soft drinks, water, plenty of games, awards, tents, chairs, etc. Anyway that format has worked for 10 years now. We will do football boards to help raise some money and give people a chance to win some money too. Helps with big ticket items. All money that people put up for tailgating is always put back into the tailgate. Any way over the years, we've been in several tailgating magazines, even had a company contact us about being on a TV show but that never happened. Anyway you can check us out on facebook just search KOCKA Tailgating. There are pics and videos going all the way back to 2001. I've slacked on some of the compilation videos over the last few years haven't had the time to put them together.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Tiga, click on the "LSU Sites" tab in the forum nav bar at the top of the forum, I have KOCKA Tailgating's FB page linked in there.

LSUTiga

Public Relations
Great story and thanks for taking time to share. I don't do facebook, and hate it, so really appreciate you telling it.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
The tailgating rules have changed, haven't they? Don't you have to rent a spot now?

My doctor told me the other day that he stopped going to games when LSU rented the tailgating spot he and his friends had used for years to somebody else. It was behind the law building.