It's Saturday Night in Death Valley

TigerTap

Senior
72 hours before kick off of the biggest game of the year. Strike that, the biggest game since 2007 and this place is deader than a door nail. I hope the team is fired up.

I'm in a funk about this game, similar to the one our Offense seems to go through most games. I've got full confidence in our Defense, but then I think about the Offense & am drawing a blank. I sure hope E can come up with something better than what we've seen so far.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
I'm in a funk about this game, similar to the one our Offense seems to go through most games. I've got full confidence in our Defense, but then I think about the Offense & am drawing a blank. I sure hope E can come up with something better than what we've seen so far.
I think our O's performance or the lack of is a reason we are a 14 1/2 point dog.

TigerTap

Senior
I think our O's performance or the lack of is a reason we are a 14 1/2 point dog.

We don't have a QB or a passing game. Sound familiar? When you can't throw a TD against, Georgia, Florida or Mississippi State, I'd love for someone to 'splain to me how Burrow will morph into a Hodson or Mettenberger or Flynn against fricking Alabama.

Hell, I loved the Power running game. But O came here & promised something different 2 years ago. He hasn't delivered on that.

We aren't winning games with the E/O Offense. Look at MooU: LSU 239 yards of Offense, MooU had 260 yards & lost. - Defense.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
We don't have a QB or a passing game. Sound familiar? When you can't throw a TD against, Georgia, Florida or Mississippi State, I'd love for someone to 'splain to me how Burrow will morph into a Hodson or Mettenberger or Flynn against fricking Alabama.

Hell, I loved the Power running game. But O came here & promised something different 2 years ago. He hasn't delivered on that.

We aren't winning games with the E/O Offense. Look at MooU: LSU 239 yards of Offense, MooU had 260 yards & lost. - Defense.
We have a QB. I'm not sure that our O line can block well enough to allow our backs to run the ball or allow our QB enough time to throw the ball.

TigerTap

Senior
We have a QB. I'm not sure that our O line can block well enough to allow our backs to run the ball or allow our QB enough time to throw the ball.

We have a guy that stands back there & occasionally completes a pass, at a 53% completion rate. I don't blame Joe Burrow. He's had bad coaching at LSU. We have a poor Offensive Coordinator & terriible WR coach. Honest question, would Joe Burrow have 6 TDs if he had been named Starter at Ohio State?

Here are a couple things I was told I was wrong about before the season:
  • "Thank gawd, O rebuilt both the Online & Diine. " -Horsepucky
  • "Thank gawd we wont have to depend on running the damned football in an 'Antiquated Offense' anymore." - Horsepucky
  • "Look at the WR Orgeron got from Texas Tech, Giles was a Biletnikoff finalist. I bet he wins it under O! - Giles on O's missing players milk carton
  • "Badera Traore!" #1 Juco OL SEC Starter. O is mining Gold from the JUCO ranks. Look at O rebuilding dem lines baw!"

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
72 hours before kick off of the biggest game of the year. Strike that, the biggest game since 2007 and this place is deader than a door nail. I hope the team is fired up.

I feel you. But honestly, how do you feel this game is going to turn out? Not as an LSU faithful, rather as an unbiased CFB fan?

For me, Rather than being pumped and secretly worried I am worried and secretly pumped!

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
I feel you. But honestly, how do you feel this game is going to turn out? Not as an LSU faithful, rather as an unbiased CFB fan?

For me, Rather than being pumped and secretly worried I am worried and secretly pumped!

There are multiple reasons why Bama is a 14 1/2 point favorite. I think our best bet for the gamblers is to cover that number. I don't see us beating them straight up.